Hugger or no.

Saul

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Six should have got the Mod gig!

But as his manager you again failed to even get him to the nomination stage I say its your fault....

What you say @fatpolishmunter

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

At least I was in the running though, you never got anywhere near, I'm 3rd in line of succession unless Pete abdicates

You’re watching too much british tv, line of succession… :classic_laugh:

better set him straight or he’ll be throwing banana peels in front of Bob’s garage

John David Washington Malcolm GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 3

Well deprearetly dragging this post back on topic I Hugged the Himalayan today.   I don't think it is to much of an eyesore as the matt black blends in.  I am not worried about it getting clogged up as I have no plans of taking the Himalayan off road any further than a muddy car park.   I will probably go to a more road biased tyre when the time comes.  

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well deprearetly dragging this post back on topic I Hugged the Himalayan today.   I don't think it is to much of an eyesore as the matt black blends in.  I am not worried about it getting clogged up as I have no plans of taking the Himalayan off road any further than a muddy car park.   I will probably go to a more road biased tyre when the time comes.  

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

Looks OK to me!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Saul said:

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

looks like its supposed to be there👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First hand experience today, not very effective.    The shock is still pretty clean but the rest of the back of the bike is shit high as normal.   

So works a bit but I had expected more after reading a lot of stuff about them.  🙄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saul said:

First hand experience today, not very effective.    The shock is still pretty clean but the rest of the back of the bike is shit high as normal.   

So works a bit but I had expected more after reading a lot of stuff about them.  🙄

That never seem to make them long enough. Maybe a fender extender to help?

• Like 3

On 15/11/2022 at 10:06, Saul said:

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

No off-roading for you now that's on there 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

No off-roading for you now that's on there 

Yeah not really my thing nowadays Bob.    If I was to go along that route I would buy something substantially lighter to do it with.    My bike was bought as a commuter first and bit of a toy second.  If I was to change my mind it would only be 4 screws and 10 minutes to change back to standard.  👍

• Like 4

My mudguard extender worked nicely today. Rode into Porto on semi wet roads, and back, and my shock looks clean. Also, I was wearing jeans and sneakers and would have gotten wet feet and calves, stayed dry 😎

IMG_7812.thumb.jpeg.8d2d4d435fa7e9d5a2cda8448cd67fcd.jpeg

IMG_7813.thumb.jpeg.fccf0426ef761a8e4e9b8249fb4488a1.jpeg

As I thought, this tire is bulkier than the worn TKC70 before, so there's a lot less clearance. It did not rub on the motorway, though, but I only managed to get to 150kmh because these tires aren't really feeling very safe when scrubbing them on wet streets in rush hour. I think it'll be ok, if not it's 4 zipties away from coming off anyway, I do like dry feet though 

IMG_7816.thumb.jpeg.c39c81a954dec71592c4a614b824e32d.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Is that your original shock @Pedro  ?

shock.jpeg.16d07bc46c383c34825377f73ab56969.jpeg

No, that's a Touratech Tractive aftermarket one. The original had a mud protector thingy on it.

Looking back, I would have gone with Ohlins instead.

• Like 3

Update on my mudguard extension.

I rode 300km on very wet motorways and there is a significant difference on the amount of water that gets thrown into the back of my upper legs. It’s a success as far as I’m concerned, compared to stock.

Riding in rain still sucks!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Saul said:

Well de farkled the Himalayan to go back today.   I can say that the Hugger was pretty ineffective at keeping the bike arse end end clean. 

1BD89BD0-A7AD-40FA-B48F-2902E952EF4D.jpeg

D591CFC9-4F7F-4C3E-A9B9-2681BC59CDFE.jpeg

It's the fight between looking good and being long enough.

• Like 1