Small number plates.

Saul

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Apnr shows all of that stuff doesn’t it?

Me and Mandi drove her Cmax around the UK for 11 months without a MOT, and I was working at a garage with a MOT lane at the time. Slightly embarrassed. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

The other things are the tax/mot exempt vehicles there is so much scope for all these vehicles to be bigger death traps than the more modern ones, not saying its right that there are un mot'd cars that should have them driving around but they have the potential to be more road worthy than the older ones

Most people with these vehicles would look after every nut and bolt but now they're being bought for that reason so standards are bound to fall.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes but if you have garage plates on and are using them for their intended purpose your covered by them for tax insurance and MOT the car your driving doesn't need that. but doesn't mean you can nip over your mates house with them on as far as i'm aware.

spot on.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Just put a 7x5 on there, that legal plate was humongous 

F28BA2B6-8936-499E-83C3-F8585E8FE581.thumb.jpeg.556aa623db45506bd610c4f44f6d0bcb.jpeg

I hope you get the electric chair you vile criminal.

• Haha 4

In episode 4 of the motorbike show the CCM heritage 71 he rides has a side mounted plate but they’re illegal (well not entirely, if there was one on each side of the wheel the plate would be viewable from both sides and legal but look as stupid as hell) so I’m surprised Henry Cole highlighted it and CCM are releasing it like that. 

On 23/10/2022 at 13:39, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes but if you have garage plates on and are using them for their intended purpose your covered by them for tax insurance and MOT the car your driving doesn't need that. but doesn't mean you can nip over your mates house with them on as far as i'm aware.

No your not , by garage plates I gather you mean trade plates, they only cover your for tax , if you have a car in stock for more than two weeks your meant to add it to MID through your trade insurance , no mot is no mot .

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 16:02, boboneleg said:

Just put a 7x5 on there, that legal plate was humongous 

F28BA2B6-8936-499E-83C3-F8585E8FE581.thumb.jpeg.556aa623db45506bd610c4f44f6d0bcb.jpeg

They are both illegal … show plates , you have been reported .

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Six30 said:

They are both illegal … show plates , you have been reported .

Incorrect , the 7x5 is a show plate.  The 9x7 is legal and MOT compliant .............

This Listing is for a Single (YELLOW) METAL PRESSED NUMBER PLATE (9X7) WITH UK FONT. These are not Land Rover size plates they are for motorbikes. These are hand finished to the highest possible standard and jet wash safe. Pressed in a 1 Tonne hydraulic press using the highest quality materials.

We are a DVLA approved number plate supplier.  

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:

PRIOR to purchase please send your order details and original documents.

The documents we can accept are:

Proofof entitlement (Only 1 is required): 
 Vehicle registration certificate(V5C/Log Book)
 New keeper supplement/Green Slip (V5C/2)
 A Certificate of Entitlement to a mark(V750)
 A Retention Document (V778)
 Vehicle license renewal (V11)
 A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
 A Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (V948) with an official stampfrom the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver
and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
 A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hirecompany) (V5C REF NO.)

Proof Of Identity (Only 1 is required):
 Driving licence
 Utility bill/Phone/Council Tax (within 3 months of order date)
 Bank or building society statement (from the last 3 months)
 National identity card (issued by the government of a state or territoryother than the United Kingdom).

The following will confirm your name only:
 Passport 
 Debit/Credit Card
 Bank or building society debit or credit card
 Police warrant card
 Armed forces identity card.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Incorrect , the 7x5 is a show plate.  The 9x7 is legal and MOT compliant .............

This Listing is for a Single (YELLOW) METAL PRESSED NUMBER PLATE (9X7) WITH UK FONT. These are not Land Rover size plates they are for motorbikes. These are hand finished to the highest possible standard and jet wash safe. Pressed in a 1 Tonne hydraulic press using the highest quality materials.

A Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (V948) with an official stampfrom the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver
 A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hirecompany) (V5C REF NO.)

Driving licence
 National identity card (issued by the government of a state or territoryother than the United Kingdom).

Passport 
 Debit/Credit Card
 Police warrant card

Think that might of changed?

53 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Driving licence

Passport 
 Debit/Credit Card
 Police warrant card

how olds your bike... if its after 2001 you are under arrest sunshine

Guidelines for the display of number plates for vehicles registered from March 21st 2001 are detailed under British Standard BS AU 145d. As per these guidelines number plates must be made of reflective material (not retroactively made reflective by treatment). Aluminium, which traditionally makes up pressed number plates, does not meet this standard. In 2021, this changed to BS AU145e, with a more robust material introduced.

Another standard requires the material to be flexible, and must be able to spring back to its original shape if bent. Metal plates cannot do this.

These two requirements means that pressed metal number plates are effectively illegal for any modern vehicle

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Six30 said:

how olds your bike... if its after 2001 you are under arrest sunshine

Guidelines for the display of number plates for vehicles registered from March 21st 2001 are detailed under British Standard BS AU 145d. As per these guidelines number plates must be made of reflective material (not retroactively made reflective by treatment). Aluminium, which traditionally makes up pressed number plates, does not meet this standard. In 2021, this changed to BS AU145e, with a more robust material introduced.

Another standard requires the material to be flexible, and must be able to spring back to its original shape if bent. Metal plates cannot do this.

These two requirements means that pressed metal number plates are effectively illegal for any modern vehicle

What about raised characters like on gel plates?

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I don’t have gel plates but I like them 😂

Took the Suzuki for mot last week ...bastard mot jobs worth said i hope you brought another number plate with you... i cant pass that ,  incase the ministry do an surprise  inspection while im testing it.... then he said i can get round your loud exhaust... hows that work then.

so now got to go get a standard plate just to test it ,  wont go back to that tit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Took the Suzuki for mot last week ...bastard mot jobs worth said i hope you brought another number plate with you... i cant pass that ,  incase the ministry do an surprise  inspection while im testing it.... then he said i can get round your loud exhaust... hows that work then.

so now got to go get a standard plate just to test it ,  wont go back to that tit though.

Loud exhaust is just an advisory.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Is the Suzuki a gel plate?

I got advisories on my Bandit and Mutt for the the exhaust even though the Mutt has the stock exhaust and the Bandit is really quiet, my quietest exhaust by far.

I was warned in that patronising tone some twat men reserve for women that made me want to slap him round the chops -  they are tightening up and I should be careful etc etc. When he finished layering it up trying to frighten me I said “So are they legal or not?” 
He reluctantly reply yes. My lip curls up and I scoff at him (not deliberately, it was involuntary) and leave.

Never had a problem before. Didn’t take it back there even though the retest is free the bloke was clearly a flexing prat. 

Took the Mutt somewhere else, didn’t mention the last place and when I picked it up the two mechanics said the guy who did your last MOT was a bit picky wasn’t he? Some of those advisories are very petty. 
That cheered me up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is the Suzuki a gel plate?

I got advisories on my Bandit and Mutt for the the exhaust even though the Mutt has the stock exhaust and the Bandit is really quiet, my quietest exhaust by far.

I was warned in that patronising tone some twat men reserve for women that made me want to slap him round the chops -  they are tightening up and I should be careful etc etc. When he finished layering it up trying to frighten me I said “So are they legal or not?” 
He reluctantly reply yes. My lip curls up and I scoff at him (not deliberately, it was involuntary) and leave.

Never had a problem before. Didn’t take it back there even though the retest is free the bloke was clearly a flexing prat. 

Took the Mutt somewhere else, didn’t mention the last place and when I picked it up the two mechanics said the guy who did your last MOT was a bit picky wasn’t he? Some of those advisories are very petty. 
That cheered me up. 

no not a gel plate just smaller 7x5 i think , never had a tester mention a smaller plate before  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

The place i take my bike has a new MOT guy there when he MOT'd my CRF1000 he was laying on the floor with a torch looking up at the underside of the bike fuck knows what he was looking for i said the the old MOT guy there your new guy looks determined to fail my bike LOL. MOT runs up on my 650 end of the month i might have to give it a look over before i book it in this year LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3