Goodbye to Summer!

XTreme

We’re getting scattered strong showers all over, but some areas are so dry or burned that water needs a long time to start hidrating the ground, otherwise it flows right over and just causes floods. Considering last month’s fires some rivers will be contaminated with ash saturated waters now.

This is all according to plan though, rains through this week and maybe a bit of next one, and then a second summer comes to provide me with a sunny trip.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No crackheads there then?

Na..the weekend kids (crackheads) have gone home.....it is now full of doddery old gits...er wait a minute. 😲 

• Haha 4

This Saturday there is a (Classic) scooter show about 1 miles away from wherevi live...and Sunday iam off to Doncaster Robin Hood Airport to see XH558 doing high speed taxi run.... ✈ 

• Like 2

I was on site today and when it was time to head home the forecast was doom, gloom and shitloads of rain. I put my waterproof trousers on and another layer under my bike jacket and sweated by bollocks off all the way home in the dry. Fucking weathermen, wankers the lot of them.

Sun is forecast tomorrow and I have to go back to site. If I get wet I am going to pop something awful into a jiffy bag and post it to Michael Fish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I was on site today and when it was time to head home the forecast was doom, gloom and shitloads of rain. I put my waterproof trousers on and another layer under my bike jacket and sweated by bollocks off all the way home in the dry. Fucking weathermen, wankers the lot of them.

Sun is forecast tomorrow and I have to go back to site. If I get wet I am going to pop something awful into a jiffy bag and post it to Michael Fish.

:classic_laugh: Is he still living

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Clive said:

Going home tomorrow late afternoon.. 😕 

Home now 😂 the site Internet went down, so tablet and phone became useless,  so we could not cast Disney and Netflix to the TV, wife was not best pleased..... she threw a hissy fit and started packing the car 😂 

Nice drive home though, empty roads. 👍 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

At the moment.

Reading the link below reminds me, we never found our dustbin after the hurricane in 87, so he's asking for a postal gift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fish

Before he retired he moved to a website called Netweather (which I loved) and continued to broadcast from his home until a couple of years ago.

His disaster was everyones disaster and he was massively misinformed by the met office as was every other broadcaster of the time but somehow (being popular) he copped the full blame. He was much more reserved, extra conservative on his predictions after that and a grumpy, reluctant 'Netweather' was born.

He broadcast from his study and gave you the worse possible outcome of any forecast. This meant if Micheal says the weathers good its definitely f'in good 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Clive said:

Home now 😂 the site Internet went down, so tablet and phone became useless,  so we could not cast Disney and Netflix to the TV, wife was not best pleased..... she threw a hissy fit and started packing the car 😂 

Nice drive home though, empty roads. 👍 

she couldn't go a night with out netflix ... should of give her a

bitch slap slapping GIF

• Haha 3