Project NL!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Little guy wants to know if you can make any sense. Dont you love little guy little guy likes you, huh LG? :littleguy:

little guy?? you getting Australian discount by the midget dago

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My own dear mother has just realised frailty is on her and now keeps coming down. She left nearly 30 years ago and has previously shown no interest in her children or grandchildren. She got married 2018 and didn't even tell us because apparently "its none of our business" He then carked it in 2019 and in the last 6 months she keeps turning up down here will waggling. She is very wealthy and I find it all very distasteful.

TBH it pisses me off that after fucking up the first part of my life she arrogantly assumes she can walk back in and have me look after her. Im not doing it, I refuse to have her screwing up the last part of my life too so Ive told her I won't be about cos I'm going to travel and will be based in Spain for the start. She said "But who's going to look after me?" I shrugged.

So my plan is to just avoid her and say Im in Spain whether I am or not. Im not sure if Im ok with lying but I reckon its alright if its to protect myself? I told her outright I wouldn't be around and if she ends up with dementia like her mother did (she is showing the early signs) she might want to pick out where she wants to go now while she has her marbles. I know this sounds harsh but I can't handle her lies and manipulation, it messes with my head. What do you reckon? 

Speaking as someone who had a mother who hated the sight of him from the day he was born......she didn't want children and didn't have a maternal bone in her body....I know where you're coming from.

I won't go through the whole saga from 1954 to 1999 but to say things were traumatic were an understatement. Her grandkids didn't want to be with her, and even our dogs wouldn't go anywhere near here. And dogs can always tell.

She did everything she could to cause problems for me throughout my life and for some strange reason never wanted to see me happy. 

Looking back she had serious issues, no friends, and went out of her way to cause as much grief as she could. She got married again in 1982 without telling me as well.

However, I felt I had an obligation (to my father who died in 1959 from TB due to the conditions he endured in in POW camps) to do my duty so throughout her life I tried to do my best for her. And I did!

She made sure that my father's side of the family ostracised me (because I was her son) and consequently I was left nothing in their wills while my two other cousins were included.

Then when she died I was excluded from her will as well......that was her final kick in the teeth for me (and my family) from beyond the grave.

But I would do the exact same thing again.....I wouldn't change a thing. Because I know that I did my duty for my father.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

He's not going anywhere near that Tym, too much water ................

What Bob said!

But it seems quite near to where @Pedro is.....so it could be something worth checking out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Being a good son isnt easy  Pete, you did your duty. Shows true grit it does. :littleguy:

It ain't easy that's for sure.

But I don't have to look back thinking I should have done this.....or I should have done that.

Cos I did everything humanly possible.....and then some.

The same applies to the kids from my first marriage that I haven't seen for 18 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What Bob said!

But it seems quite near to where @Pedro is.....so it could be something worth checking out!

Couldn't give two shits about that, to be honest, it's not exactly the lost city of Atlanta. Would rather it filled up properly again and that Spain aren't dicks with holding all the water their side, but they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The lost City of Atlanta,

perfect really, a special place of pecan pies, revival staurday nights under a hot tent fearing Jesus!

Loving women with southern bodies and southern thoughts, on hot days and hotter nights, lost, in the City of Atlanta. 

:dancebanana:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

The lost City of Atlanta,

perfect really, a special place of pecan pies, revival staurday nights under a hot tent fearing Jesus!

Loving women with southern bodies and southern thoughts, on hot days and hotter nights, lost, in the City of Atlanta. 

:dancebanana:

I bet Buck went to Line Dancing classes when he was there!

cowboy dancing GIF

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

🥺🥺🥺

Interestingly, the last time I saw them was Summer 2004.....in Bristol.

Rode there from Llandod on my black XT600.

FILE341.JPG.5e594977f8875e6011c5df1dd81cabab.JPG

From what I can remember they were staying somewhere near the centre......there was a roundabout (I think) and a large pavement area in front of their place where I parked the bike

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Speaking as someone who had a mother who hated the sight of him from the day he was born......she didn't want children and didn't have a maternal bone in her body....I know where you're coming from.

I won't go through the whole saga from 1954 to 1999 but to say things were traumatic were an understatement. Her grandkids didn't want to be with her, and even our dogs wouldn't go anywhere near here. And dogs can always tell.

She did everything she could to cause problems for me throughout my life and for some strange reason never wanted to see me happy. 

Looking back she had serious issues, no friends, and went out of her way to cause as much grief as she could. She got married again in 1982 without telling me as well.

However, I felt I had an obligation (to my father who died in 1959 from TB due to the conditions he endured in in POW camps) to do my duty so throughout her life I tried to do my best for her. And I did!

She made sure that my father's side of the family ostracised me (because I was her son) and consequently I was left nothing in their wills while my two other cousins were included.

Then when she died I was excluded from her will as well......that was her final kick in the teeth for me (and my family) from beyond the grave.

But I would do the exact same thing again.....I wouldn't change a thing. Because I know that I did my duty for my father.

I’m glad you have the satisfaction of knowing you did things the way you wanted to. If your old mans looking down from the ether then I’m sure he’d be proud of the loyalty and resilience you displayed. 

If someone constantly makes you feel bad it’s bad, whatever their excuses or baggage, if they keep deliberately hurting you, they should get the heaveho regardless of what rights they think they have over you.

I don’t feel the same obligation you do, I (almost) completely emotionally detached from her, which is very liberating and when she noticed her hooks didn’t land she surprisingly wasn’t bothered, I just became irrelevant- until decades later when she wants to secure care for herself. I’m not up for being used and manipulated, again.

I think we stick in shit situations for too long. We’re all taught endurance and toughness are key traits for survival but it means people forget most of the time they can simply walk away from a shit job, shit relationships or a shit place to much nicer times.

As for your Ma’s final kick from beyond the grave, that’s just plain cold calculated nasty.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m glad you have the satisfaction of knowing you did things the way you wanted to. If your old mans looking down from the ether then I’m sure he’d be proud of the loyalty and resilience you displayed. 

If someone constantly makes you feel bad it’s bad, whatever their excuses or baggage, if they keep deliberately hurting you, they should get the heaveho regardless of what rights they think they have over you.

I don’t feel the same obligation you do, I (almost) completely emotionally detached from her, which is very liberating and when she noticed her hooks didn’t land she surprisingly wasn’t bothered, I just became irrelevant- until decades later when she wants to secure care for herself. I’m not up for being used and manipulated, again.

I think we stick in shit situations for too long. We’re all taught endurance and toughness are key traits for survival but it means people forget most of the time they can simply walk away from a shit job, shit relationships or a shit place to much nicer times.

As for your Ma’s final kick from beyond the grave, that’s just plain cold calculated nasty.

This was a woman who when my grandmother (her mother) was living with us and she became ill (around the same time my father died in the late 50's), said to a woman who was at the house,......"When you walk past my mother's room just check now and again to see if she's dead yet. Once she is, let me know and I'll phone the undertaker to come and get her".

My grandmother died, got carted away, and my old girl never even went to the funeral. And this is her own mother we're talking about here!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

This was a woman who when my grandmother (her mother) was living with us and she became ill (around the same time my father died in the late 50's), said to a woman who was at the house,......"When you walk past my mother's room just check now and again to see if she's dead yet. Once she is, let me know and I'll phone the undertaker to come and get her".

My grandmother died, got carted away, and my old girl never even went to the funeral. And this is her own mother we're talking about here!

Not a lot of love between her own mother and her then 😬 Folk are weird. 

You turned it all around though Pete, your own boy’s prepared to jack in a good job and move to Spain! I know he’s not going to need to but he said he would! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not a lot of love between her own mother and her then 😬 Folk are weird. 

You turned it all around though Pete, your own boy’s prepared to jack in a good job and move to Spain! I know he’s not going to but he said he would! 

Thankfully I didn't inherit very many traits from my mother! I've got my father's brain that's for sure (my old girl was like a fucking plank).

And when I saw my cousin Malcolm (who's about 15 years older than me, he hadn't seen me since I was a kid) at an aunt's funeral about 20 years ago, he just kept looking at me in a confused way.

I asked him is everything OK.......and he just said....."Apart from your eye colour and your build, you're Tom (my father) in every way. The likeness is incredible".

I was quite happy with that!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Any news on the moving the horses?

I've put out feelers on horsey groups, but nothing yet.

It seems the Family Reunification gig isn't going to fly because we're not dependant on him in any way, there's no record of him sending us money to live, and we're not going to be living with him when we go there.

So I've mailed Dutch Immigration to get a clear definer on what criteria we have to meet as a third country national.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've put out feelers on horsey groups, but nothing yet.

It seems the Family Reunification gig isn't going to fly because we're not dependant on him in any way, there's no record of him sending us money to live, and we're not going to be living with him when we go there.

So I've mailed Dutch Immigration to get a clear definer on what criteria we have to meet as a third country national.

There are companies that deal with all this malarkey aren’t there? Folk in the know who understand the loop holes? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There are companies that deal with all this malarkey aren’t there? Folk in the know who understand the loop holes? 

Big dosh though!

I want to find individuals with facilities and I can arrange transport this end!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unfortunately there's also a big market of people who scam others out of large sums of money with all sorts of promises of helping them negotiate the "system". We're on a few brits in France Facebook groups and there's regular tales of woe from people who've been fleeced by "hand holders"! There are good ones too, and we used a couple to help with a few administrative tasks when we first got here, before we got our heads around the bureaucracy.

• Like 3