What was 2021 like for you on this forum?

XTreme

Any high spots? Any bad moments? Was it entertaining? Or was it mind-numbingly boring?

Basically......did it serve any purpose in your life other than being slightly more interesting than a screensaver?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Its been entertaining tbh though I've not done much else but troll people but its still fun 

You've made a good point there Rich......entertaining! And surely that's what it's supposed to be?

We've had detractors saying about the content not being serious enough about bikes, and potentially the language used isn't everybody's cup of tea.

But it's real inasmuch as it reflects real life behaviour......after all, do people actually meet up and then just complain, whinge, or be utterly boring?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You've made a good point there Rich......entertaining! And surely that's what it's supposed to be?

We've had detractors saying about the content not being serious enough about bikes, and potentially the language used isn't everybody's cup of tea.

But it's real inasmuch as it reflects real life behaviour......after all, do people actually meet up and then just complain, whinge, or be utterly boring?

Yes, people are boring feckless cunts these days.

• Haha 6

personally the low points on the forum are when people get their knickers in a twist and somebody feels the need to flounce. it's usually due to a misinterptretation of intent or of the written word lacking nuance. You could argue that this happens in real life too. and it certainly happens on nearly all forums.  I just think its always a shame and the forum is almost never better off or richer for it. 

The high points, for me, are the writings and ramblings of some of our "raconteurs" who are real story tellers and have had me in stitches behind the computor screen.  Being allowed to share in moments from the lives of members from around the world with  different experiences and cultures is, and always has been, a privilege.  Thannk you all ( or nearly all...😜) for that this year. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

one evening  a week , members wives section.. lets make 2022 better.

that probably would not be as good as you hope...

• Haha 3

From my POV I think the forum developed a lot in terms of new members......which gave us a fresh perspective and direction.

My concern from the outset was that we didn't just become, or be seen as, MB MkII. Because if MB MkI didn't survive why is MkII going to be any different? We needed to be different just to survive!

And I'd say we've pretty much accomplished that! Yes, there's always going to be elements of MB there.......but now there's a lot more to it. It's not a one trick pony any more.

The other thing is I'm glad to see so many ladies here now.......to the extent that they dominated MOTY this year.

That's never happened before so we're really breaking new ground.

Overall things have turned out much better than I ever imagined.......thanks to you lot!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The other thing is I'm glad to see so many ladies here now.......to the extent that they dominated MOTY this year.

That's never happened before so we're really breaking new ground.

What can I say? Now the forum has a real bike on the front page you can expect even more. 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

We've had detractors saying about the content not being serious enough about bikes, and potentially the language used isn't everybody's cup of tea

That Aussie guy who used to do great ride reports flounced because of that. Fuckmine there's enough seriousness in this world right now, sometimes you just want to have a bit of a laugh.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

That, right there 👍  In the past ladies haven't seemed to last that long but we have some gems now who are more than happy to fight there own corner :littleguy:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That Aussie guy who used to do great ride reports flounced because of that. Fuckmine there's enough seriousness in this world right now, sometimes you just want to have a bit of a laugh.

Exactly Bob.......and it's not as if nobody actually rides here! There's plenty of ride reports on here from numerous countries.......and we have more ride reports than any other UK forum out there.

But generally we're not the sort of people who treat motorcycling so seriously that it becomes the sole defining aspect of our personalities. It's just something we do.......we don't base our lives around it.

Though as I said before, we can't be all things to all men.......we can only be ourselves.

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

In the past ladies haven't seemed to last that long but we have some gems now who are more than happy to fight there own corner

We've got a bunch of strong women here now.......and I suspect most of them were tomboys!

I doubt any of them were the flower arranging, girly girl "my hair is out of place" types.

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Exactly Bob.......and it's not as if nobody actually rides here! There's plenty of ride reports on here from numerous countries.......and we have more ride reports than any other UK forum out there.

But generally we're not the sort of people who treat motorcycling so seriously that it becomes the sole defining aspect of our personalities. It's just something we do.......we don't base our lives around it.

Though as I said before, we can't be all things to all men.......we can only be ourselves.

We've got a bunch of strong women here now.......and I suspect most of them were tomboys!

I doubt any of them were the flower arranging, girly girl "my hair is out of place" types.

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

I think youd surprised Pete, I have a serious case of the book doesnt fit the cover, people make huge assumptions based on my appearance and for me its always wrong. 
So its lovely to be here just being myself without people getting angry that the thing they assume is quiet sweet and girly does swear and isnt what they expected 😆  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think youd surprised Pete, I have a serious case of the book doesnt fit the cover

You're a girly girly Caroline? 

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I seem to have missed the thankyou to @XTreme off the end of that. 

Thanks.......but all I did was upload some files to the internet! After that it's the members here that have made it what it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thanks.......but all I did was upload some files to the internet! After that it's the members here that have made it what it is.

i think you had a part in it somewhere Pete 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i think you had a part in it somewhere Pete 🤔

I made Caroline a girly girly? 

All I did was suggest she put on a French Maid's outfit!

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My mum sent me a photo of my 3rd birthday in a very pretty liberty print smocked party dress and baseball boots I refused to take off, in one hand I have a picnic basket and the other a plastic machine gun, she said that pretty much sums you up.

As one of my friends said “youre kick ass in a nice wrapper” so no Im not girly but I appear that way. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

so no Im not girly but I appear that way. 

No girly girly would attempt one of Steph's trips!

She's a seriously tough girl!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My mum sent me a photo of my 3rd birthday in a very pretty liberty print smocked party dress and baseball boots I refused to take off, in one hand I have a picnic basket and the other a plastic machine gun, she said that pretty much sums you up.

As one of my friends said “youre kick ass in a nice wrapper” so no Im not girly but I appear that way. 

@Buckster will be on your case now asking if you still got photo 

• Haha 3