Unusual bike related inventions

yen_powell

There are shitloads of you tube clips of mad inventions and if you look at one the place will plague you with suggestions for others.

Honestly, how did we not get a man on the moon before the Yanks I'll never know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Quote  -  It's so simple even a woman can put it together   :classic_unsure:

That should have read it’s so simple even Pete can put it together.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Look who's just won the lottery :classic_laugh: 

Kineo about 2K when i looked for mine 

£2.5 and no lottery win required. Im rather good at saving dontcha know.

Also I got a surprise discount on the bike, I was originally quoted £12000 and ended up paying rather less. (a lot less - winter discount) luggage and a few other bits and bobs were put on the back burner and I splashed out on the wheels. My bike came with tubes as standard.. the only thing I didn't like about the bike and they had to go. I was going for Alpina.. but in the end found I could afford these. just.

just after fitting them.

wheels.thumb.jpg.850b67ab659588323a80190ef0de1be6.jpg

I have a waiting list of owners hoping (vainly) that I will sell the bike and then sell the wheels. to them. NOT A CHANCE!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Motobiker said:

£2.5 and no lottery win required. Im rather good at saving dontcha know.

Also I got a surprise discount on the bike, I was originally quoted £12000 and ended up paying rather less. (a lot less - winter discount) luggage and a few other bits and bobs were put on the back burner and I splashed out on the wheels. My bike came with tubes as standard.. the only thing I didn't like about the bike and they had to go. I was going for Alpina.. but in the end found I could afford these. just.

just after fitting them.

wheels.thumb.jpg.850b67ab659588323a80190ef0de1be6.jpg

I have a waiting list of owners hoping (vainly) that I will sell the bike and then sell the wheels. to them. NOT A CHANCE!!!

Yes mines a 2016 and one of the things i'd like is to go is tubeless but don't use the bike enough to justify the cost 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You paid £2.5K for wheels? :classic_ohmy:

yes, of course I could have waited for a couple of years until Honda added them to the bike. plus an extra 50cc and a wizz-bang full colour screen on the dash.

but then I would have had to pay upwards of an extra £6000 for the privilege. and the bike would have suited me less as they made it lower.

I wiped out my savings for other bits and bobs as well as the cash I had left over from the bank loan... but in the scheme of things, Its turned out to be quite a bargain.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

yes, of course I could have waited for a couple of years until Honda added them to the bike. plus an extra 50cc and a wizz-bang full colour screen on the dash.

but then I would have had to pay upwards of an extra £6000 for the privilege. and the bike would have suited me less as they made it lower.

I wiped out my savings for other bits and bobs as well as the cash I had left over from the bank loan... but in the scheme of things, Its turned out to be quite a bargain.

You could have bought a used Caponord used the wheels and thrown the rest away and still saved £500

11 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

You could have bought a used Caponord used the wheels and thrown the rest away and still saved £500

That’s a great idea and I’m really glad I didn’t think of it. Buy a bike I don’t want to reuse wheels that are the wrong size.  Super.

but seriously buying these particular wheels was definitely the right decision. For me. I’ve never been the type to do things by halves.

Buy once. Cry once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sold it, how long did you have your last bike @Motobiker ? 😂

Not very long. 17 years. I only wanted to try the Africa Twin because I liked the idea of the DCT, as its something very different. I kept the GS because I didn't think I would want to 'keep' the Twin, but within a few weeks I stopped riding the GS completely, then put it on SORN and finally let it go, just a few weeks ago actually.

Im not really one for chopping and changing... I have had various second bikes, but none of them lasted more than 2 years, before I got bored of them and got rid as they weren't as good as the GS was. (for my purposes)

Italy.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I see Trolling is running rampant again today!

I don't bother reading his nonsense.. he has nothing useful to say - ever. total waste of time. let him troll away, if he's dumb enough to 'talk to himself' so be it. 

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 11.52.19.png

• Haha 2