You guys with heavy bikes.......

XTreme

I am willing to lay my bike gently down and show how to pick it up to one of you guys who say it can’t be done. That’s a tall as fuck guy on the video, no way he can’t lift that bike if he didn’t to grab it like a bag of oranges.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

You don't need a jack. Adrenaline and embarrassment usually suffices.

A gs is easier than most bikes because it won’t drop so low as something with no engine sticking out, but just turn the steering pointing up and lift on the lower end of the handlebar…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am willing to lay my bike gently down and show how to pick it up to one of you guys who say it can’t be done. That’s a tall as fuck guy on the video, no way he can’t lift that bike if he didn’t to grab it like a bag of oranges.

He ain't young though Pedro!

Just now, XTreme said:

He ain't young though Pedro!

If he can act like a twat pumping that ratchet he can do one push and lift that bike. Admitedly, not like he’s pretending to try, though

• Like 1

Tell you what, I’ll do a vid and try to lift my bike one handed, once I get it alone nd not be too embarassed to act like a twat in front of other people :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

A gs is easier than most bikes because it won’t drop so low as something with no engine sticking out, but just turn the steering pointing up and lift on the lower end of the handlebar…

365903665_hesright.jpg.db8acd53f32a985b8923a1b82100c6aa.jpg

• Like 1

It's very easy to injure your back lifting a bike, if it's something you're not used to doing. Also, it's next to impossible to do this solo if the bike is on a slope and especially if the tank is full. doesn't have to be much of a slope either. I guess this is aimed at the accident prone or older and less fit owner or distance solo traveler. Not something I would rush out and buy.

If you can't lift your own bike up you should be choosing another bike.  When your on a muddy trail with a camber it can take a bit of effort and ingenuity but you should always be able to lift it up by yourself .

IMG_8992.thumb.JPEG.d0cbddefd7a90259ad0e4a877c127065.JPEG.09e813cd0b6e636367d657ea69750324.JPEG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

If you can't lift your own bike up you should be choosing another bike.  When your on a muddy trail with a camber it can take a bit of effort and ingenuity but you should always be able to lift it up by yourself .

IMG_8992.thumb.JPEG.d0cbddefd7a90259ad0e4a877c127065.JPEG.09e813cd0b6e636367d657ea69750324.JPEG

Have to tell Mandi that.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Is that even fallen over. Sometimes doing that is easier than trying to get the side stand down on very uneven ground (on smaller bikes only of course).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Is that even fallen over. Sometimes doing that is easier than trying to get the side stand down on very uneven ground (on smaller bikes only of course).

Beleive me Yen, that took some getting upright.  The photo just doesn't do justice to how steep and bloody slippery it was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Beleive me Yen, that took some getting upright.  The photo just doesn't do justice to how steep and bloody slippery it was.

Yes, now I'm glad you brought that up. Why is it that no slope looks as bad as it is in real life in a photograph or a video. If I took a picture of the top of Everest it would look like a billiard table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Yes, now I'm glad you brought that up. Why is it that no slope looks as bad as it is in real life in a photograph or a video. If I took a picture of the top of Everest it would look like a billiard table.

Filming is even worse, you can't understand why everyone is having such a hard time getting through that bit of flat dirt road 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Filming is even worse, you can't understand why everyone is having such a hard time getting through that bit of flat dirt road 

I also have the same problem with walking and cycling. The road I live on is flat, I walk along it no problem. Yet on my push bike it is a vicious incline which I'm either panting to ride up or speeding down hoping my brakes will stop me at the far end.

• Haha 4