We Survived........

XTreme

........the first year! Because this site is one year in existence tomorrow (Friday).

Doors didn't actually open till a week later because there was a lot to set up......and this was the first thread!

I started this place due to being locked in the house and being unable to tolerate any more FB shite.......and it had niggled me for years that DSUK was unfinished business.

My feeling at the time was it wouldn't last much longer than 3 months because lockdown would have lifted and people would be finding other things to do. But against all the odds.......it's our first anniversary tomorrow and we're still here!

During that time we've had one member meltdown, one flounce, and one individual who wanted his account removed just because we're not serious enough. But you can't please everybody!

What is interesting is that a lot of MB-only guys signed up initially then never bothered again. While those of us who are ex DSUK and MB are basically still all here. But the DSUK crew were always the backbone of MB anyway. During the year, new members have joined and they seem to like it here, plus we had the influx from another forum in January. Quite a few of whom are still here too!

If you've got any mates who might fit in here then give them the link. And any shares on Social Media (particularly in bike groups) would also be a big help.

I want to thank you all for your support.......because I didn't expect it to last! I wanted to give it one last shot though.......even if it meant tolerating the snide comments from the type of people who love to see others fail. There's no shame in failing......the only shame is in not trying IMO.

So has this place being in existence made a difference to you? Basically what I'm saying is........"Was it all worth it?".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As far as I'm aware there's no forums out there queueing up to have you two blowhards as members......so think yourselves lucky that a forum exists that has zero standards which caters for your kind! 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 1

Thanks for starting it @XTreme, it's good to have some choice in forums.

I know I don't post much but then I'm busied up with my finals at the mo. I still appreciate coming on and having a read though. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Made it much easier for me to quit bookface. :littleguy:

I thought I hadn't seen you on there Dave! But I only go on there now to post bike pics once a week and try to get the forum name out there.

In terms of business stuff I hardly post anything now......there's only been me here since 2016 and I've got too many clients as it is.

In fact I've been dropping some clients off over the last year to try and get a better work-life balance.

8 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Thanks for starting it @XTreme, it's good to have some choice in forums.

I know I don't post much but then I'm busied up with my finals at the mo. I still appreciate coming on and having a read though. ?

Cheers Ian......always good to see you on here! :littleguy:

24 minutes ago, skyrider said:

im glad you started the forum Pete my type of bikes and people ?

Thanks Lionel!

Yeh.....pretty decent bunch on here when you get to know them.

One or two are a bit unusual admittedly......but we strive to be different. :classic_unsure:

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

........the first year! Because this site is one year in existence tomorrow (Friday).

Doors didn't actually open till a week later because there was a lot to set up......and this was the first thread!

I started this place due to being locked in the house and being unable to tolerate any more FB shite.......and it had niggled me for years that DSUK was unfinished business.

My feeling at the time was it wouldn't last much longer than 3 months because lockdown would have lifted and people would be finding other things to do. But against all the odds.......it's our first anniversary tomorrow and we're still here!

During that time we've had one member meltdown, one flounce, and one individual who wanted his account removed just because we're not serious enough. But you can't please everybody!

What is interesting is that a lot of MB-only guys signed up initially then never bothered again. While those of us who are ex DSUK and MB are basically still all here. But the DSUK crew were always the backbone of MB anyway. During the year, new members have joined and they seem to like it here, plus we had the influx from another forum in January. Quite a few of whom are still here too!

If you've got any mates who might fit in here then give them the link. And any shares on Social Media (particularly in bike groups) would also be a big help.

I want to thank you all for your support.......because I didn't expect it to last! I wanted to give it one last shot though.......even if it meant tolerating the snide comments from the type of people who love to see others fail. There's no shame in failing......the only shame is in not trying IMO.

So has this place being in existence made a difference to you? Basically what I'm saying is........"Was it all worth it?".

Its a very nice place @XTreme, well done for starting it and extra well done for keeping it going! Thank you!! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thanks Lionel!

Yeh.....pretty decent bunch on here when you get to know them.

One or two are a bit unusual admittedly......but we strive to be different. :classic_unsure:

Thank you, I feel very touched!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Its a very nice place @XTreme, well done for starting it and extra well done for keeping it going! Thank you!! 

Cheers Sofia......my pleasure to have such discerning and sophisticated ladies like yourself onboard.

You bring a touch of class to the place......which, quite frankly, is desperately needed! :littleguy:

• Haha 2

Here are the basic stats since we started!

Unique Visitors are the individually-counted users that have visited the site......and each one will have a different IP address.

As you can see, it was slow going for quite a while last year, then in December we jumped to over 1000 visitors.

Followed by a very big jump in January and a dip in February! But look at last month though, because we passed 2000.

So bit by bit we're moving forward......which is more than most other forums are doing given the dominance of Facebook.

gra.jpg.4cf430ddadfbba2861dcda1726e9421e.jpg

4 hours ago, Mawsley said:

I don’t have friends

I was going to claim you as a friend just to have a friend, butt, dont claim me i;ve never met you. ?

• Haha 1

Pfft. I'm like that gas station hot dog you ate 9 years ago that's still in your stomach. I always can be found on one of Pete's forums.

Usually in the first 10 who join

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mess said:

Pfft. I'm like that gas station hot dog you ate 9 years ago that's still in your stomach. I always can be found on one of Pete's forums.

Usually in the first 10 who join

You and @Tym are the only ones here from Bikezone in 2002 Eric!

I got in on the tail end of DSUK I think, pretty much as it merged/ morphed into maximum bikes which I sorely missed when it dissappeared into the morass of "fess de bouc" and promptly died a death.  I leapt at the chance when you got this going Pete....

fuck that says a lot about how sad my life is! ?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MooN said:

I got in on the tail end of DSUK I think, pretty much as it merged/ morphed into maximum bikes which I sorely missed when it dissappeared into the morass of "fess de bouc" and promptly died a death.  I leapt at the chance when you got this going Pete....

fuck that says a lot about how sad my life is! ?

I felt exactly the same Chris, I refuse to do faceache so this place is ace as far as I'm concerned.  I even sort of like being slapped by Bucky although you definitely got the short straw for that gig :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what did you do to get restricted ?

I sent Tiggie an invite to this forum, I can’t see anything wrong in that, but obviously they do, never mind they’ve lost my subs.

• Thanks 1