For the Love of 4 Wheels

Grasshopper

Dunno what these are but they where nice enough for me to take a photo back in 2018 at the Haynes museum.

Loved the solidity of them. The quality of the materials and the pure luxury of the interiors, like they were excited to craft something exceptional.

3733961F-64EB-4808-B830-BD69F99630D9.jpeg

A688BBA6-99C8-42EC-A136-5498F469EEE3.jpeg

6D127133-DF60-41EF-BA2B-FBB20F819567.jpeg

CB0D32E7-A97C-4F29-A3D8-E29588A093BF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Next stop was a Sud flat 4 Veloce that went like stink and rusted quicker before I got the GTV6 3 litre (South African motor) (Not quite sure why Alfa always made bigger motors for the South African market but I think it was for racing purposes)

Not just Alfa, both Opel and BMW had WAY faster engines in South Africa than anywhere else. I suppose it had something to do with racing regulations? The fact is that a south african BMW 325is was way faster than any other 3 series sold anywhere else in the world, in a straight line, and Opel's GSI as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I feel the same about electric vehicles Bob their pushing how much better they are for the environment like they did with diesels and  20 years later their worse than petrol engines. so in 20 years i'm expecting there will be something stupid about EV batteries being more difficult to dispose of than plutonium  :littleguy:

Totally agree with you there.

25 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Had one in Caracas, who doesn’t love a good woody?

4F391338-CE63-484D-8B02-4AA1F37EDC27.jpeg

I made my own out of marine grade plywood. Only the best for my Woody.

c41e6a8add880eb919209603fb210024.jpeg.df4b8909b0f3e9f2f3263b1850f7d2f0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 05/04/2021 at 13:45, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sadly our flag is a bit ruined for me. Its associated with the lowest form of knee jerk racism masquerading as patriotism. I wish there was a way to claim it back. When I read or see other countries having some pride or joy in where they come from (like Pedro) I feel a bit cheated, like we’d all benefit from a bit of being happy about where you come from. The Welsh and Scottish are but I’m English so it comes with the territory to spend time apologising for what other arseholes have done in the past! Heyho I settle for being happy I’m from Somerset instead, perhaps a Somerset dragon ? ?

you do come out with some crap... have a look at Portugal's  history, its involvement in slave trade , treatment of women etc, every country has a past you cant change it and its not down to you to apologise for the past.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

you do come out with some crap... have a look at Portugal's  history, its involvement in slave trade , treatment of women etc, every country has a past you cant change it and its not down to you to apologise for the past.

Durr. Take a look at most countries involvement in slavery in the past and ongoing. The point was the people who come from other countries can still take pride in their flag regardless of political beliefs or their past. Not so here, its sadly associated with certain folk that many others dont want to have anything to do with.

Avoiding getting political, regardless of what anyone did in the past the English are constantly apologising for whatever the psychopath of the day did, you cant fly an UK flag here without looking like a moron.

Edit- I’m not saying its right, I’m saying its the way it is now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Durr. Take a look at most countries involvement in slavery in the past and ongoing. The point was the people who come from other countries can still take pride in their flag regardless of political beliefs or their past. Not so here, its sadly associated with certain folk that many others dont want to have anything to do with.

Avoiding getting political, regardless of what anyone did in the past the English are constantly apologising for whatever the psychopath of the day did, you cant fly an UK flag here without looking like a moron.

Edit- I’m not saying its right, I’m saying its the way it is now.

ceef6125f844921a20b3e758a49504c6.gif

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Soz I cant speak window licker. Come back to the topic when some evolutions taken place ?

God save the Queen 

Back on topic.... 

old MG , probably a rare one , Automatic, chrome bumper , fella i rent some land off , had 3 of these in his garden , 3 or 4 acres, forgot they was there [ yup , he's got to much money ] was hidden in overgrown bushes , dug em out , sold 2 of em this ones been sat where it is for probably 5 or 6 years, she's rotten on the sills which is common on them , if someone had the know how and time its probably salvageable.

this is a British car , sorry if it offends any one .

9791DD68-0955-4534-A0D3-B056EA1F2987.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tym said:

The only people offended by British cars are those that had to maintain them...lol

Oh yeh.....and I had all the shit that was about!

Marina, Allegro, Rover SDI, Mini, Metro, Austin 1100, Morris Minor etc.

• Haha 2

My brother in law to one of my older sisters is a welder, worked offshore, loads of money. Helped me out with my fine repayments many times.:classic_smile:
He went a got himself an Audi 100 5E. I thought he was nuts.
s-l500.jpg
Sorry, best pic I could find.
After driving him around to different pubs and taking him home it was mine for the night. I ragged the shit out of the thing, racing everything in sight, handbrake burnouts, you name it. It was a good pulling machine too.

Hated the thing at first but what a refined bit of kit, I loved it in the end.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tym said:

The only people offended by British cars are those that had to maintain them...lol

A friend of mine used to own a repair garage where he done MOT failure work like welding on new parts that had rusted off or patching rusty holes. He said if it wasn't for Ford, Vauxhall, Rover and Peugeot he'd be out of a job :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A friend of mine used to own a repair garage where he done MOT failure work like welding on new parts that had rusted off or patching rusty holes. He said if it wasn't for Ford, Vauxhall, Rover and Peugeot he'd be out of a job :classic_laugh:

Every year at MOT time I'd get a fail on my Fords for sills!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

lucky if a  car didn't need a bit of welding back in the day..... very rare now.

51 minutes ago, Six30 said:

lucky if a  car didn't need a bit of welding back in the day..... very rare now.

Yes everything is a lot better now he was in business about 20 years ago and he said 90% of the stuff that he worked on for rust and mechanical problems was Ford, Vauxhall, Rover and Peugeot back then that's why I've never owned one of them