For the Love of 4 Wheels

Grasshopper

8 minutes ago, Earache said:

1970 Pontiac Trans Am - I had one in 1975.

450 bhp car that had virtually no brakes in the hands of a 16 year old. What could possibly go wrong?

ta1.jpg

ta2.jpg

Look at that shine......I so would like to hear what it sounds like. ?

• Like 2

Also had a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger when I was a kid. This thing towed motocross bikes on a trailer all across the Midwest USA when I was racing back then...

1970-dodge-dart-swinger-performance-image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Look at that shine......I so would like to hear what it sounds like. ?

It sounded like 8 mpg ?.

I sold it when gas got up to $0.65 per gallon as it cost too much to fill it up. Stupid kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Earache said:

Also had a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger when I was a kid. This thing towed motocross bikes on a trailer all across the Midwest USA when I was racing back then...

1970-dodge-dart-swinger-performance-image.jpg

I had a feeling you would be able to contribute some nice content to this thread, and you have not disappointed! ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

America always had the most amazing looking cars. The UK does understated, dowdy or practical. America did look at this beast ?

Cue xtreme with the beast material ?

Our cars in the '70's were fast as a scalded dog in a straight line, but had no brakes or turning abilities. That's why drag racing is so popular here.

My older brother had 2-3 Ford Mustang Mach 1's when we were kids. They did last too long due to interactions with fence posts, ditches, other vehicles, etc.

He always had new cars as he bought them himself - they cost about $3,500 new back then. Worth 15 times that today.

mach1.jpg

mach2.jpg

mach3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh god the first pic the Mach 1 looks amazing.

We’ve completely lost the art of decent chrome trim!

And those bumpers weight about 150 pounds each. Super thick steel on those things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earache said:

450 bhp car that had virtually no brakes in the hands of a 16 year old. What could possibly go wrong?

ta1.jpg

ta2.jpg

This is the best looking 'bird model ever. :littleguy:

1 hour ago, Earache said:

ta1.jpg

ta2.jpg

The bass player in my brothers band had one of these. Only impressed me by the donuts I did at the bottom of my road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I really need to get shot of my current car. Bristol is banning diesel vehicles from the centre soon and other cities are following suit so its not practical to hold onto it. But I cant part with it either, its our family car and I’m stupidly attached to it. Its also started costing me money as bits break. My head is shouting SELL IT NOW MORON, my heart is saying no its fine, wait a little longer ??

Good, in my opinion .  No good reason at all for a diesel car, spawn of the devil

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There was a point in time when diesels were considered more friendly cos they burnt the fuel more efficiently. Also its farmland here so you know it was diesel or diesel. 

Then they stuck big fuck-off turbos on them cos they were so slow and then they wern't so friendly but they just lied about their efficiency ?

• Like 1

Kinda funny cause after 1972 when we got smog controls on our vehicles the hot ticket was to grey market import a EuroPeon made car because for the longest time y;all dint give a chit about polluting,

way into the 80's and early 90's before the performance came back with FI and better engine management systems here.

How you people lived withyourselves all thses years, ugh...

Pious mode off...

?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Kinda funny cause after 1972 when we got smog controls on our vehicles the hot ticket was to grey market import a EuroPeon made car because for the longest time y;all dint give a chit about polluting,

way into the 80's and early 90's before the performance came back with FI and better engine management systems here.

How you people lived withyourselves all thses years, ugh...

Pious mode off...

?

Different times. Obvious damage even the demented cant deny so what is everyone prepared to admit to and do about it?

I think Mother Earth will be just fine, i really doubt the existance of humans is really necessary for this  orb shaped lifeform to continue her Journey through time and space, its a Gaia thing, she;ll be just fine.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Then they stuck big fuck-off turbos on them cos they were so slow and then they wern't so friendly but they just lied about their efficiency ?

I feel the same about electric vehicles Bob their pushing how much better they are for the environment like they did with diesels and  20 years later their worse than petrol engines. so in 20 years i'm expecting there will be something stupid about EV batteries being more difficult to dispose of than plutonium  :littleguy:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I feel the same about electric vehicles Bob their pushing how much better they are for the environment like they did with diesels and  20 years later their worse than petrol engines. so in 20 years i'm expecting there will be something stupid about EV batteries being more difficult to dispose of than plutonium  :littleguy:

Hydrogen bubba, its the next big thing go big or go BOOM! LOL

Just now, Tym said:

Hydrogen bubba, its the next big thing go big or go BOOM! LOL

Yes i think hydrogen is best for the environment but its too explosive, can you imagine tight arse Dai down the road tuning up his hydrogen powered hot hatch in his garage you'd hear the explosion from your house :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

You're no petrol head, you're a ginger!

I've never claimed to be a petrol head!

Never been interested in anything other than bikes.....and I only got into them for posing and posturing to females.