For the Love of 4 Wheels

Grasshopper

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All I can add is my experience of Peugeot.. aaaargh never again....... ?

We bought a 6 month old Honda Civic about 21 years ago for the wife and at the same time her friend bought a new Peugeot 306cc convertible thing, she thought it was great and had great pleasure in telling us we had bought an old mans car. The first year she owned it she done more miles in a courtesy car then her own because it was in the garage being repaired so often. she got shot of it after the first year we traded in our civic for another 15 years later still a good car, I'll take an old mans car over the piece of shit she had any day :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We bought a 6 month old Honda Civic about 21 years ago for the wife and at the same time her friend bought a new Peugeot 306cc convertible thing, she thought it was great and had great pleasure in telling us we had bought an old mans car. The first year she owned it she done more miles in a courtesy car then her own because it was in the garage being repaired so often. she got shot of it after the first year we traded in our civic for another 15 years later still a good car, I'll take an old mans car over the piece of shit she had any day :classic_laugh:

Oh god they were absolute shite. So faulty and after I bought it I discovered the dealers were absolute aholes. Their reputation for being unpleasant and unhelpful was widespread but then again so were the Ford dealers. I cant stand car snobbery. By the time my car was 5 years old Id lost count of how many people asked me what my next car would be, like I needed to discard a used tissue or something?!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh god they were absolute shite. So faulty and after I bought it I discovered the dealers were absolute aholes. Their reputation for being unpleasant and unhelpful was widespread but then again so were the Ford dealers. I cant stand car snobbery. By the time my car was 5 years old Id lost count of how many people asked me what my next car would be, like I needed to discard a used tissue or something?!  

The dealer she was taking it too didn't have a clue either they just kept changing parts hoping it would fix it none of them new what was actually wrong with it. We are entering our 6th year with the new Civic cant see us changing it until its broke but i'm like that with everything my old 4x4 i owned for 17 years and most of my bikes I've owned for over ten years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The dealer she was taking it too didn't have a clue either they just kept changing parts hoping it would fix it none of them new what was actually wrong with it. We are entering our 6th year with the new Civic cant see us changing it until its broke but i'm like that with everything my old 4x4 i owned for 17 years and most of my bikes I've owned for over ten years.

There was so much wrong with them they probably didnt have a list of go to faults ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes everything is a lot better now he was in business about 20 years ago and he said 90% of the stuff that he worked on for rust and mechanical problems was Ford, Vauxhall, Rover and Peugeot back then that's why I've never owned one of them

Ohh I have had all of those and still have a Vauxhall, having said that I did do quite a bit of welding and repairing them. ??

• Like 1