For the Love of 4 Wheels

Grasshopper

I have always loved vehicles, it doesn't matter if it has 2, 3 or 4 wheels.  I can appreciate bikes, cars, trucks and most things that go.  ?️ ?️ ? ?

But 4 WHEELS with style are the theme for this thread!

Share your, For the Love of 4 Wheels photos here. ?

ESP-22246.jpg

ESP-22218.jpg

ESP-22049.jpg

ESP-22223.jpg

ESP-22154.jpg

• Like 1

Today's sunny ride on Charlotte inspired this thread, as with the nice weather the classic cars are coming out to play. ?

There are a lot of them around where I live and I love seeing them, with all their cool colours and shapes. ?

Here are a few from today.  ?

1F0C3CA8-8390-4C58-9549-DF0DF5A97540_1_201_a.jpeg

97F4EFC9-AA09-440D-A26A-B48888B80F0E_1_201_a.jpeg

96C826AE-E7C4-4066-BFF6-0D351A1736CF_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 4

I guess boxes are usefull, i miss my 68 442 rag top, butt, it wasnt such a great car to be honest, unless you like getting 6mpg @ 100mph. This 84 325e gets 27 mpg at 100mph, when i feel like it i;ll get her back on the road.

f32d1245861a2aeed848054b58a61bd5.jpeg.5156ff086bf3a9b0466cf5eb15684480.jpeg

• Like 3

The Mini Cooper S Love what they represented, how they came about and that despite all their faults theyre really fun to drive, more like a dodgem than a car. Love how they arrived on the rally scene and frightened the competition. Had two old minis, one countryman and one clubman. Neither liked to start if it was raining and required a very specific amount of choke, throttle and correct timing to get them started, mess it up the first time and you were going to be sitting around for a looooong time while it decided when it was gonna start. Loved them both. Id like another one really but the price of them now is ridiculous.

DEF1E93E-57CC-4EB0-B03F-B0D2CC6A3CD1.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Never been into cars or interested in cars.

They're just like shoes to me......you've got to have them to enable you to get shit done.

They make pickup trucks for men like you! ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tym said:

They make pickup trucks for men like you! ?

Why would I want a pickup truck Tym?

The only thing I've ever picked up is birds! :classic_cool:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why would I want a pickup truck Tym?

The only thing I've ever picked up is birds! :classic_cool:

The old bench seat in the old pickups invented the words hunny and pickups. :littleguy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The Mini Cooper S Love what they represented, how they came about and that despite all their faults theyre really fun to drive, more like a dodgem than a car. Love how they arrived on the rally scene and frightened the competition. Had two old minis, one countryman and one clubman. Neither liked to start if it was raining and required a very specific amount of choke, throttle and correct timing to get them started, mess it up the first time and you were going to be sitting around for a looooong time while it decided when it was gonna start. Loved them both. Id like another one really but the price of them now is ridiculous.

I too love the old minis. We still look after a couple at the garage. That rubber suspension doesn't do my back or fillings any favours now, don't think I'd own one again.IMG_1842.thumb.JPG.42358356efe5e482b0526db881b4deb6.JPG

We got this just before its 3rd birthday and it did everything asked of it. I scraped it after 19 years service as the metal worn was doing its work.
Nothing but a run of the mill family car but all the family loved it, especially me.

• Like 3

I really need to get shot of my current car. Bristol is banning diesel vehicles from the centre soon and other cities are following suit so its not practical to hold onto it. But I cant part with it either, its our family car and I’m stupidly attached to it. Its also started costing me money as bits break. My head is shouting SELL IT NOW MORON, my heart is saying no its fine, wait a little longer ??

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bristol is banning diesel vehicles from the centre soon and other cities are following suit

Seriously? That's going to kill second hand values.

• Like 2

Being a mechanic I could deal with what ever went wrong but you can only weld so much before the structure is compromised.
Now a mini with its current value is prob worth throwing some money at.

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

Seriously? That's going to kill second hand values.

Yep it passed for approval in 2019 and was expected to come into play in 2021. Dunno if Covid effected that though and is exactly why I should get rid of it right now cos a lot of people are unaware it’s happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Being a mechanic I could deal with what ever went wrong but you can only weld so much before the structure is compromised.
Now a mini with its current value is prob worth throwing some money at.

Yep and I had one I was forced to get rid of. My in laws were busy throwing their weight around and said I couldn’t keep it in the yard (even though there are shit loads of vehicles in the yard) just cos they wanted it to play stupid power/dominance games. So I let a guy who works in the yard have it (for free) and the final sting was they let him keep it in the yard...... and his children used to drive it around the field outside my house. So I had to see other peoples kids ragging my mini around the fields but I wasnt allowed to keep it. Arseholes.

Needless to say I have nothing to do with them now (I tried to make it work for years) but their desire to push me around was demonstrated in many very unpleasant ways so fuck ‘em, nasty pieces of work, still sad about my mini though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep and I had one I was forced to get rid of. My in laws were busy throwing their weight around and said I couldn’t keep it in the yard (even though there are shit loads of vehicles in the yard) just cos they wanted it to play stupid power/dominance games. So I let a guy who works in the yard have it (for free) and the final sting was they let him keep it in the yard...... and his children used to drive it around the field outside my house. So I had to see other peoples kids ragging my mini around the fields but I wasnt allowed to keep it. Arseholes.

Needless to say I have nothing to do with them now (I tried to make it work for years) but their desire to push me around was demonstrated in many very unpleasant ways so fuck ‘em, nasty pieces of work, still sad about my mini though.

Weird inlaws for sure!

4 hours ago, Tym said:

I guess boxes are usefull, i miss my 68 442 rag top, butt, it wasnt such a great car to be honest, unless you like getting 6mpg @ 100mph. This 84 325e gets 27 mpg at 100mph, when i feel like it i;ll get her back on the road.

f32d1245861a2aeed848054b58a61bd5.jpeg.5156ff086bf3a9b0466cf5eb15684480.jpeg

the guy on the bike doesnt seem to get so far

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

it just needs a union jack on the roof ?

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

it just needs a union jack on the roof ?

Sadly our flag is a bit ruined for me. Its associated with the lowest form of knee jerk racism masquerading as patriotism. I wish there was a way to claim it back. When I read or see other countries having some pride or joy in where they come from (like Pedro) I feel a bit cheated, like we’d all benefit from a bit of being happy about where you come from. The Welsh and Scottish are but I’m English so it comes with the territory to spend time apologising for what other arseholes have done in the past! Heyho I settle for being happy I’m from Somerset instead, perhaps a Somerset dragon ? ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sadly our flag is a bit ruined for me. Its associated with the lowest form of knee jerk racism masquerading as patriotism. I wish there was a way to claim it back. When I read or see other countries having some pride or joy in where they come from (like Pedro) I feel a bit cheated, like we’d all benefit from a bit of being happy about where you come from. The Welsh and Scottish are but I’m English so it comes with the territory to spend time apologising for what other arseholes have done in the past! Heyho I settle for being happy I’m from Somerset instead, perhaps a Somerset dragon ? ?

yes i think i know where you are coming from with that  

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m English so it comes with the territory to spend time apologising for what other arseholes have done in the past!

Not wrong there.

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I too love the old Mini and love to watch them rally.  Just a whole bunch of fun on 4 wheels for sure....and so damn cute! ?

• Like 1

1970 Pontiac Trans Am - I had one in 1975.

450 bhp car that had virtually no brakes in the hands of a 16 year old. What could possibly go wrong?

ta1.jpg

ta2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After the demise of the T/A, I had a Fiat X-1/9. The single biggest turd of a car in history. Had it for about a year and it caught on fire twice!

fiat1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When I was a kid I always wanted this car. Couldn’t stand the Hoff at the time, completely up his own. But the car, oh by crikey I wanted that car!

8E12CA16-D2CB-4AC4-8B56-16A7208E7598.png

SAME HERE!!!!!

I loved that car, with all the modification of course! :littleguy:

• Like 1