Show us your tool :littleguy:

boboneleg

I've been out in the garage today and had occasion to use my bigger socket set and as I got it out I realised how long I've had it.

It's a Kamasa socket set (made in Japan) and it's over 42 years old, in that time nothing has ever broken and it always does the job  :littleguy:

IMG_8098.thumb.JPEG.64533366c307c265a228158e8962b670.JPEG

IMG_8099.thumb.JPEG.c4be07fba30c5e8fa63ad37dd6da9668.JPEG

IMG_8100.thumb.JPEG.6c0d8ff6e34dd81ea2e993db6770cb9b.JPEG

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Pete obviously can't play this game so he can show us his cleaning products :classic_tongue:

I bet any tool Pete has will outlast yours, and no need to be made in Japan either.

• Haha 3

Nice thread idea Bob, I like tools. :littleguy:

I like the old stickers, all my tool boxes are covered in stickers.

I just picked up this little set for the bike's tool kit......so cute. ? 

Yes, tools can be cute!  ?

DD02030E-D126-40E2-A5FD-A4BE7C4B4265_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Tools. I am an addict. I cant walk past a hardware shop and not buy something. Seriously.  It gets even worse when I'm in a tackleshop. I have no idea why I have a need for so many rods and reels. But every time I walk in to buy bait I will buy another one.

You need spare rods and reels for when I come fishing with you ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

@Grasshopper's Ride   so far it's you and me against the world Michelle.  No other fecker has got any tools ?

I got loads of tools Bob. I still own a socket set that i bought in Halfords when i was 16, its not in its case anymore and i broke the ratchet trying to undo a car wheel nut with a 4ft scaffolding pole as an extension many years ago, and funny enough i broke the 19mm socket from the set doing exactly the same thing just before Christmas :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

handy looking socket set ?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I got loads of tools Bob. I still own a socket set that i bought in Halfords when i was 16, its not in its case anymore and i broke the ratchet trying to undo a car wheel nut with a 4ft scaffolding pole as an extension many years ago, and funny enough i broke the 19mm socket from the set doing exactly the same thing just before Christmas :classic_laugh:

you gorilla

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Very nice, I like that a lot.

but did you buy it over three decades ago, and was it made by old Samurai master swordsmiths? If not, @boboneleg still rules

There's all sorts. I have a socket butchered by an angle grinder that means I can use a torque wrench to set my head stock bearings that dates back to 95, A T-handled cross head screw driver stolen off my brother in the early 80s, the infamous cheap impact driver that I've had since I was 18, an odd socket drawer for those times when nothing will fit or reach, each one may only get used once or never at all. I've got some spanners from my Dad's old car tool box which must date back to the 50s. The toolbox itself is an old machine gun ammo box made of wood which he either bought from a surplus shop in the distant past or more likely stole from the RAF Police.

I've got about 4 concrete paving blocks (100x200x80mm) that are brilliant for putting a rear wheel back in. By rolling the wheel onto one to get it to the right height, another one follows to keep it there and by tapping gently you can raise or lower the wheel, move it back and forth with no effort and push the axle through in your own time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Clive said:

Show off!?

I am just a little envious....no, quite a bit!?

Got a lot of drawers, they aren't all neat and tidy but at least I can usually find what I want. That's your feed line Pete.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I've been out in the garage today and had occasion to use my bigger socket set and as I got it out I realised how long I've had it.

It's a Kamasa socket set (made in Japan) and it's over 42 years old, in that time nothing has ever broken and it always does the job  :littleguy:

IMG_8098.thumb.JPEG.64533366c307c265a228158e8962b670.JPEG

IMG_8099.thumb.JPEG.c4be07fba30c5e8fa63ad37dd6da9668.JPEG

IMG_8100.thumb.JPEG.6c0d8ff6e34dd81ea2e993db6770cb9b.JPEG

Bloody good stuff when made in Japan.:littleguy:

17 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Butt plugs?

• Haha 2