Header picture submission thread

Pedro

7 hours ago, Specs said:

IMG_4423.thumb.JPG.59e7984ff85088b0557b1e507aabbc6e.JPG

Near Misso, Estonia at the Russian border. Grim weather.

That sounds like a proper ride. How was Estonia?

Russia just seems so grim whenever I look at videos of riding there, ugly roads, traffic and weather. Did you go over?

20 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Skippy.......aren't you finding this a bit spooky that Bob can identify everywhere you've ever been based on puddles and road surfaces?

Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN

Let me see if I can find some photos of the local knocking shop, mind you, I’ll bet he’s even been there. ???

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

That sounds like a proper ride. How was Estonia?

Russia just seems so grim whenever I look at videos of riding there, ugly roads, traffic and weather. Did you go over?

No. It wasn’t part of the plan.

I was on my way home from Nordkapp, September and hotels were really cheap. Always bloody raining though until I got down towards Lithuania. In fact it was the same most of the way to Auschwitz except for a couple of afternoons. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Specs said:

No. It wasn’t part of the plan.

I was on my way home from Nordkapp, September and hotels were really cheap. Always bloody raining though until I got down towards Lithuania. In fact it was the same most of the way to Auschwitz except for a couple of afternoons. 

Sounds like a shitty time, cold and rain for days until you get to a concentration camp, hope you had a good time though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Sounds like a shitty time, cold and rain for days until you get to a concentration camp, hope you had a good time though.

Auschwitz and Oradour-sur-Glane probably two of the most moving places that I’ve ever visited. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Specs said:

Auschwitz and Oradour-sur-Glane probably two of the most moving places that I’ve ever visited. 

I get that, but riding for days in rain?

Here's a older one of my Blue Blackbird in Oregon. The building is the  old world war 2 blimp hanger.

the next one is the Columbia river where it meets the Pacific ocean.

Grand Canyon shot

Old gas station in Utah

Bonneville Salt flats in Utah 

I loved that Blackbird, It was simply bullet proof. Sold it to a friend with 160000 kilometers on the clocks. Over 100000 kilometers on it alone came from touring across  Canada and the States a bunch of times.

Chico ca 011.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.jpg

Southwest U.S. trip 226.jpg

Southwest U.S. trip 337.jpg

Southwest U.S. trip 345.jpg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Mess said:

Here's a older one of my Blue Blackbird in Oregon. The building is the  old world war 2 blimp hanger.

Grand Canyon shot

Old gas station in Utah

I loved that Blackbird, It was simply bullet proof. Sold it to a friend with 160000 kilometers on the clocks. Over 100000 kilometers on it alone came from touring across  Canada and the States a bunch of times.

Chico ca 011.jpg

Never rode one but they indeed are supposed to be a great fast bike. Wouldn't mind reading a ride report on a couple of those trips.

1 hour ago, Mess said:

Grand Canyon shot

Old gas station in Utah

Chico ca 011.jpg

Anything front viewing Eric?

13 hours ago, Specs said:

I've not been to Auschwitz Alan but I've been to Oradour-sur-Glane.  It was earily quiet, like no birds singing or anything.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

Anything front viewing Eric?

Nope. Nothing that I can find from this trip. I'll go through a my old pics from my other trips and see if I can find something

• Like 2

OK......I've sorted images into a balance of forward left, forward right, and centre.

I estimate we'll get 3 lefts, 3 rights, and 1 centre in.

So I've sent all the info off to my boy in NL to come up with something......he doesn't know one bike from another so he'll select the ones that are of the best quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1