American Food pics for Pedro

Earache

4 minutes ago, Earache said:

Well, my wife had to drive us home, so no drinks for  her. Her two friends weren't drinking for some unknown reason so that left me.

It's all good. At least you had some, there's always a silver lining.

• Like 2

Why do you keep posting throwing up gifs on food threads, Pete, come on. Same old joke, man.

I don't really like snails the way the portuguese cook them. In France they are ok but then again in Paris they are 90% butter and 10% snail. Might as well have some bread with butter. What herbs do you use there, @MooN?

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Why do you keep posting throwing up gifs on food threads, Pete, come on. Same old joke, man.

Only when the food looks like shit Pedro.......and Moon's stuff looks like shit to me.

@Earache doesn't get any puke gifs cos he eats normal food!

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Only when the food looks like shit Pedro.......and Moon's stuff looks like shit to me.

Oh, I thought Earache had a french mother in law, somehow thought it was him :classic_laugh:

Still dislike the puking thing

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Still dislike the puking thing

I just find it funny as fuck! :classic_laugh:

Like years ago.....one of the boys would puke up after a skinful and everybody would go and look at it to see if there were any carrots in it! 

ray liotta laughing GIF

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Are you challenging me?

I'll try to find some puke gif worthy food for you, Pete. I most likely won't be eating it , but the Wife will occasionally get some dinner that I'd never touch.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Oh, I thought Earache had a french mother in law, somehow thought it was him :classic_laugh:

Nope - all of my relatives are Germans, no Frenchies. Germans do have some odd foods, but I stay away from them. Hated the foods my grandmothers made and some that my mother made. Nasty shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Earache said:

Nope - all of my relatives are Germans, no Frenchies. Germans do have some odd foods, but I stay away from them. Hated the foods my grandmothers made and some that my mother made. Nasty shit.

I do like a nice schnitzel, though

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I do like a nice schnitzel, though

I'm there with ya - a nice lightly fried schnitzel is hard to beat. But I hate them when they're thick, heavily breaded and greasy. 

23 hours ago, XTreme said:

I just find it funny as fuck! :classic_laugh:

Like years ago.....one of the boys would puke up after a skinful and everybody would go and look at it to see if there were any carrots in it! 

ray liotta laughing GIF

it's not proper puke if it doesn't have carrots in it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

On 15/02/2021 at 22:41, Pedro said:

I don't really like snails the way the portuguese cook them. In France they are ok but then again in Paris they are 90% butter and 10% snail. Might as well have some bread with butter. What herbs do you use there, @MooN?

it's just garlic butter with Parsley in it Pedro. As you say the only interest in the snail thing is the garlic butter, the snails themselves have little or no taste and I imagine very little nutritional value. I'm not a huge fan but the kids love them which is why Mother in Law cooks them, so I eat some, but i wouldn't choose them from a menu. 

Hit the local Mexican place again last night (only place open past 8:00 PM these days). Food was okay but the beers were freakin' brilliant! Ice cold and foamy - had to have two. It'd be rude not to.

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Hit the local Mexican place again last night (only place open past 8:00 PM these days). Food was okay but the beers were freakin' brilliant! Ice cold and foamy - had to have two. It'd be rude not to.

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

Oh man that looks good!

• Like 2

Last night I had a standing rib roast in an aus jus reduction with garlic mashed potato at the Shaggy Sheep in Grant, Colorado.

$3 ice cold Stellas, too. So tender the meat fell apart with a fork, no knife needed. Excellent.

stand rib.jpg

• Like 3

I found this photo last night.

A couple of years ago we're coming back up through France on back roads, we found a cafe in this small village and after a bit of very bad French and some arm waving we sat down outside to eat.

We were really just wanting a snack but in true French fashion we got the full works and for only 13 euros including beer brewed on the premises,

I don't have a photo of the main course or pudding but this was just the starter ?

451547052_Day123.thumb.jpg.a0c29d53cb241757706cf7fb2192915a.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

A couple of years ago we're coming back up through France on back roads, we found a cafe in this small village and after a bit of very bad French and some arm waving we sat down outside to eat.

We were really just wanting a snack but in true French fashion we got the full works and for only 13 euros including beer brewed on the premises,

I don't have a photo of the main course or pudding but this was just the starter ?

blimey you wouldnt need much else 

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That'd be my meal right there!

5 hours ago, Tym said:

Dont forget default TruckstopDiner advice, if you dont know what to get for B'fast, order a turkey club. :littleguy:

Excellent advice! We need to get some truck stop food pics for @Pedro. Not nice truck stops like Petro, Love's and the like - but real, old school stops like the one on I-80 at the Salt Flats just east of Wendover. Proper, old school truck stops.

Sounds like a job for this summer's trips!

• Like 3