American Food pics for Pedro

Earache

Wife had some weird assed combination consisting of a halved pineapple stuffed with grilled chicken, beef and pork along with some peppers. Side of beans and totillas.

Another night out at the local Mexican joint.

dinner2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earache said:

The Negra Modelo tap was dry, so had a couple of liter mugs of Tecate ....

dinner3.jpg

I haven´t had a proper frosty beer mug in a while, man that makes me salivate.

On the other hand, those two plates before, I don't get the vibe on those. Just too many things I can't tell apart in a picture, I'm sure it would be different in person, specially after a frosty beer mug like that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

On the other hand, those two plates before, I don't get the vibe on those. Just too many things I can't tell apart in a picture, I'm sure it would be different in person, specially after a frosty beer mug like that.

Check out the icy beer foam at the top - heaven!

Mexican food tends to look like slop on a plate - all running together with a lot going on. Just the way it is. But it does taste pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight we head over to a pub in the adjacent town of Idaho Springs, Colorado for dinner. Pretty normal fare for here; wife had a salad with some kind of Buffalo chicken on it and i opted for a wood fired pizza (pepperoni) and a few Stella's. Lots of leftover pizza for tomorrow's lunch....

ped1.jpg

ped2.jpg

ped3.jpg

ped4.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Tonight we head over to a pub in the adjacent town of Idaho Springs, Colorado for dinner. Pretty normal fare for here; wife had a salad with some kind of Buffalo chicken on it and i opted for a wood fired pizza (pepperoni) and a few Stella's. Lots of leftover pizza for tomorrow's lunch....

ped1.jpg

ped2.jpg

ped3.jpg

ped4.jpg

Is it built in an old warehouse or something Eric?

I’m surprised Pedro hasn’t posted a picture of a medley of boiled lizard eyes with an octopus brain purée and sautéed hamster embryos on the side.

• Haha 4

I would have gone with the pizza too, out of the two. That's a pretty chunky salad.

5 hours ago, Earache said:

Buffalo chicken...

Like cooked in the way typical of Buffalo city?

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

I’m surprised Pedro hasn’t posted a picture of a medley of boiled lizard eyes with an octopus brain purée and sautéed hamster embryos on the side.

That's because this thread is called American food pics for Pedro, not Pedro eating lizards. I thought you'd be more surprised every time some posts a picture, not the other way around.

However, to go along with the theme and considering they didn't turnout italian at all, I was in charge of the topping of these, a few days ago:

IMG_9981.thumb.jpeg.6131e011bc1bd4e8899cca34f8075d0c.jpeg

IMG_9982.thumb.jpeg.49ebae2032e90696a7983e189e478d2b.jpeg

They've got artichoke on them, and capers, just mess with you guys. Tasted great!

• Like 2

On 20/01/2021 at 23:54, XTreme said:

Is it built in an old warehouse or something Eric?

Yes, it's an old wood framed building from ca. 1850 that they gutted and made into a bar / restaurant. Nice place but cold as fuck in there! Heating doesn't quite do the job so ya have to eat and drink with your coat on.

• Haha 1

On 21/01/2021 at 09:07, YamaHead said:

My wife's infamous Chicken Tortilla Soup.....

I would eat a bowl everyday for a week.....felt like a brand new man by the weekend.?

TacoSoup.jpg

I'd bathe in that! Love tortilla soup!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few more for Pedro.....

Started off with an appetizer of Stella this evening and followed it with some sort of Kung Pao dish with chicken. Basically veggies, chicken and rice.....

pedro2.jpg

Pedro3.jpg

• Like 1

The wife had a braised short rib with some kind of crunchy stuff (shaved almonds maybe?) on top with a brown sauce / gravy on it. Mashed potato are underneath with some asparagus on the side.

Oh, and another Stella for me.

pedro1.jpg

pedro4.jpg

• Like 1

How about a visit to the culinary capital of Oooot deere Wisconsin! Welcome to friday at Lakeview Lutheran, all you can eat Lutefisk! Yummmy!

Lutefisk-dinner-631.jpg.6c0f41d784a202d6cecaf428c5164b13.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tym said:

How about a visit to the culinary capital of Oooot deere Wisconsin! Welcome to friday at Lakeview Lutheran, all you can eat Lutefisk! Yummmy!

That truly is some Pedro food right there!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tym said:

david tennant puke GIF

I had to google what lutefisk is, I like codfish a lot, but so far have really disliked most scandinavian things I've eaten. That is some sort of pickled fish and it's not my thing, preserves from the north tend to be too vinegary for my taste..

I would try it, though, not trying new things makes one stupid.

8 minutes ago, Tym said:

Its the way they have to preserve food, it works butt, i wouldnt call it food anymore. :thud:

It does work, but you can dry and salt meat and fish to preserve without the vinegar part, and once cooked, rehydrated or not, you get a lot of the original flavors. With the vinegar it turns into something very different, but it's normal for me to don't really get a scandinavian food.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I had to google what lutefisk is, ....

Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin are about the only areas of the USA where you'll find lutefisk. These are the areas that the Scandinavian immigrants moved to years ago so they have Lutefisk.

I lived in northern Iowa as a kid and lots of the Iowa-wegian (what we called them) restaurants had it on the menu. That shit is foul ! Can't believe anyone can eat that shit. My parents (children of German immigrants) would eat it, but I never went near it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lutefisk is soaked in lye, not vinegar. 

My grandmother came over to America on a boat from Norway. Virtually all holiday meals were at her place while I was growing up, and never once did I see lutefisk. She thought it was disgusting. Damn she made some good donuts though. And chocolate chip cookies too. 

which reminds me, I haven't had any chocolate yet today. WTF? Excuse me, I gotta go...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Lutefisk is soaked in lye, not vinegar. 

You could soak that shit in sugar water and beer and it'd still suck!

Smells of poo as well.

• Haha 1

Almost 20C and sunny in Denver today; we sat at a local and had a late lunch. No social distancing here - bar was full as were the tables.

Overhead doors were all wide open and it felt great - just like summer...

ped1.jpg

ped2.jpg

ped3.jpg

• Like 2