American Food pics for Pedro

Earache

Main course was a ground (minced) beef burrito drowned in more green chile with side of rice, Was perfect!

I'll start adding more dinners to this thread so you can be sick the sight of it??

food2.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Earache said:

Arrived in Santa Fe tonight just in time for dinner. For a starter, we had meatballs slathered in green chile. Tasted better than it sounds....

food3.jpg

So you went to Santa Fe for the faggots then Eric? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

I would like to have proper mexican food here, seems tasty, but it’s not something you find easily in Portugal

Maybe you need to open a Mexican restaurant there!  Casa de Pedro or some shit like that. You'd make millions.

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

So you went to Santa Fe for the faggots then Eric? :classic_laugh:

Had to get outta Colorado for a bit, was going stir crazy as I can't get out on my bike. Only 6 more months of no riding to go......

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

Had to get outta Colorado for a bit, was going stir crazy as I can't get out on my bike. Only 6 more months of no riding to go......

Not sure if you know, but meatballs are faggots to us! 

Americans always have a good laugh outside Butchers' shops in the UK reading the signs saying "Fresh Faggots" or "Buy 4 Faggots and get 1 Free" etc. :classic_laugh:

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not sure if you know, but meatballs are faggots to us! 

Americans always have a good laugh outside Butchers' shops in the UK reading the signs saying "Fresh Faggots" or "Buy 4 Faggots and get 1 Free" etc. :classic_laugh:

I was aware - I was just being sensitive to those with differing sexual orientations as not to offend anyone. Besides, who would want a fresh fag? Sounds kinda odd.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Earache said:

I was aware - I was just being sensitive to those with differing sexual orientations as not to offend anyone. Besides, who would want a fresh fag? Sounds kinda odd.

Well, you certainly wouldn’t want a stale one

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How dare you that's one of the best things about the UK proper bacon here mate :littleguy:

Absolutely, what a bloody cheek.  Everyone in the UK knows that Danish bacon is da bomb :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I was looking at some old pics from last year's trip to Tennessee and saw some pics that @Pedro would like. 

My bud Dave and I had a couple of small racks of ribs, replete with cinnamon apples, mashed taters and a few liters of beer. Proper meal after a day's ride....

ribs.jpg

ribs2.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Earache said:

I was looking at some old pics from last year's trip to Tennessee and saw some pics that @Pedro would like. 

Oh man, fully agree that is a great ending to a day's ride!  Except I would use the apple as dessert, I can't eat something sweet like that as main dish. Superb, though! 

We usually serve those kinds of ribs cooked less slow over live coal, with the bones separated from each other to be eaten by hand one by one. The "american style" is very well known and I'm not going to miss the chance when I'm there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Earache said:

My bud Dave and I had a couple of small racks of ribs, replete with cinnamon apples, mashed taters and a few liters of beer. Proper meal after a day's ride....

ribs.jpg

ribs2.jpg

I had a rack of ribs when i came home from work today at least that's what the wife said it was, Looks like she lied i'm going to get her and show her what a rack of ribs should look like, i feel cheated :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 2

I only eat ribs in a few parts of the USA as they usually suck outside of those regions. Tennessee and Texas are the best areas to get ribs..... at least I think so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earache said:

I only eat ribs in a few parts of the USA as they usually suck outside of those regions. Tennessee and Texas are the best areas to get ribs..... at least I think so.

I can put away a serious platter of ribs, my friend are like:

freddie highmore GIF by A&E

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

A few pics from last night's chow for @Pedro ....

First is a platter of "enchiladas suizas" - basically a tortilla wrapped around shredded chicken and covered with a green chili sauce and  cheese. Side of refried beans and rice.  Almost heaven....

dinner1.jpg

• Like 1