Fourth Weekend in March!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Lovely, good colour and 2 door as well.  Comes from the era when BMW aimed to sell the ultimate driving machines,   Very Cool.

Colour doesn’t really show on account of all the dust on everything at the moment. 

I plan to make it drive and handle better than 30 years ago. Now coming up with a scarily increasing list of stuff to do.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Get your money back now.  I can see that car being a ball ache long term. Just feel it in my water 😉

As much as I like the car I'm afraid I'm leaning more towards it being a one thing after another car that's going to end up costing more money than I've got to keep right

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Colour doesn’t really show on account of all the dust on everything at the moment. 

I plan to make it drive and handle better than 30 years ago. Now coming up with a scarily increasing list of stuff to do.

Don't keep that a secret I love reading about that sort of stuff.  I have a real thing for all things older BMW. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

As much as I like the car I'm afraid I'm leaning more towards it being a one thing after another car that's going to end up costing more money than I've got to keep right

Seems like the smart move, plenty of better options for 10K.   

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Saul said:

Don't keep that a secret I love reading about that sort of stuff.  I have a real thing for all things older BMW. 

Ok, I’ll say something in a few weeks. It’s been neglected over the last 10 years really, running a lot lazier than I remember, every wearable item feels worn, but it’s still looking good, cruises smoothly and sweet at 130kmh, and sounds great at over 3000. Tires are 20 years old but look 60 :classic_laugh:

I’m hoping the engine has proper compression and doesn’t need opening.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, busabeast said:

Second hand cars is a bloody mine field, i bought one for the misses back in the late 90's but when driving it the temperature gauge was indicating it was getting hot i checked it out and it showed all signs of a head gasket problem, took it back and they said they fixed it but now the temp gauge didn't move, all the fuckers had done was take the thermostat out and fill the cooling system with rad weld so i took it back and got my cash back the guy was very good about it and even said i could keep the car for a few weeks after i had my cash back to see if it was ok but i just had that gut feeling about it and just moved on. Ended up borrowing some cash and bought a 6 month old Honda Civic from a main dealer still had 3 years warranty on free MOT's for life and it was £3000 cheaper than a new one. Had that one for 17 trouble free years, the MOT's for life didn't last though they backed out on that deal when the new MOT system came in, then we changed that for another 6 month old Honda Civic which was £5000 cheaper than new, we've had this one 10 years now and have no intention of changing it 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Second hand cars is a bloody mine field, i bought one for the misses back in the late 90's but when driving it the temperature gauge was indicating it was getting hot i checked it out and it showed all signs of a head gasket problem, took it back and they said they fixed it but now the temp gauge didn't move, all the fuckers had done was take the thermostat out and fill the cooling system with rad weld so i took it back and got my cash back the guy was very good about it and even said i could keep the car for a f ew weeks after i had my cash back to see if it was ok but i just had that gut feeling about it and just moved on. Ended up borrowing some cash and bought a 6 month old Honda Civic from a main dealer still had 3 years warranty on free MOT's for life and it was £3000 cheaper than a new one. Had that one for 17 trouble free years, the MOT's for life didn't last though they backed out on that deal when the new MOT system came in, then we changed that for another 6 month old Honda Civic which was £5000 cheaper than new, we've had this one 10 years now and have no intention of changing it 

My Mrs insists on buying her own cars, fuck me has that cost money over the years.  😭  The X3 she's got now had to have a cam chain and clutch/flywheel 3 months after buying and out of warranty.    She bought a purple Picarsehole that lunched its head gasket not long after buying and then had a collapsed rear axle six months later, at the time all the other Yummie Mummies had them.   She traded my lovely old Volvo V70 for that piece of wank because Volvos are for old men.  . She has a champagne taste but a cider budget.  For what she paid for the X3 and repairs she could have got a really nice recent Jazz or the like but according to her that wouldn't fit in up the stables.  🙄  The list goes on and on.  Every time it happens she says I have to chose the next car but she just can't let me do it.    I have had my E46 for five years, and apart from tyres and servicing I have had to buy one coil pack.  Its an old Jalopy but had just 60K on it when I bought it from a retired BMW tech who was going electric.    Not saying I am some sort of car guru but I have more sense than she has, dizzy mare. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

Sounds to me like the thing was involved   in a accident or something ..anyway you can find out...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Saul said:

My Mrs insists on buying her own cars, fuck me has that cost money over the years.  😭  The X3 she's got now had to have a cam chain and clutch/flywheel 3 months after buying and out of warranty.    She bought a purple Picarsehole that lunched its head gasket not long after buying and then had a collapsed rear axle six months later, at the time all the other Yummie Mummies had them.   She traded my lovely old Volvo V70 for that piece of wank because Volvos are for old men.  . She has a champagne taste but a cider budget.  For what she paid for the X3 and repairs she could have got a really nice recent Jazz or the like but according to her that wouldn't fit in up the stables.  🙄  The list goes on and on.  Every time it happens she says I have to chose the next car but she just can't let me do it.    I have had my E46 for five years, and apart from tyres and servicing I have had to buy one coil pack.  Its an old Jalopy but had just 60K on it when I bought it from a retired BMW tech who was going electric.    Not saying I am some sort of car guru but I have more sense than she has, dizzy mare. 🤣

I think I've said this before on here but when we got the first Civic the wife's friend said why have you got an old mans car and kept on about it all the time, she had just bought one of those Peugeot 106cc things, it spent almost all of it's first year in the garage and she done more miles in the courteously car than her new car and  after the first year she refused to have it back it was a plie of shit i couldn't help rubbing her nose in it every time i was in the civic and seen her :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Marcel said:

A good look over of the bike might be in order...it's been sitting for some time now...

I had a butchers over mine today, need to clean and wax the chain on one tomorrow as its got some surface rust where I obviously washed the bike and forgot to do it. Need to take my pressure washer to bits to find out why its stopped pressuring and only does the washing bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Second hand cars is a bloody mine field, i bought one for the misses back in the late 90's but when driving it the temperature gauge was indicating it was getting hot i checked it out and it showed all signs of a head gasket problem, took it back and they said they fixed it but now the temp gauge didn't move, all the fuckers had done was take the thermostat out and fill the cooling system with rad weld so i took it back and got my cash back the guy was very good about it and even said i could keep the car for a f ew weeks after i had my cash back to see if it was ok but i just had that gut feeling about it and just moved on. Ended up borrowing some cash and bought a 6 month old Honda Civic from a main dealer still had 3 years warranty on free MOT's for life and it was £3000 cheaper than a new one. Had that one for 17 trouble free years, the MOT's for life didn't last though they backed out on that deal when the new MOT system came in, then we changed that for another 6 month old Honda Civic which was £5000 cheaper than new, we've had this one 10 years now and have no intention of changing it 

Can't go wrong with an earlier Honda Civic , not so much the very latest ones .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Sounds to me like the thing was involved   in a accident or something ..anyway you can find out...

I have checked and it doesn't say anything about any accident damage, id more say its been sitting around for a while although they have said its only been in about 3 weeks.... bullshit it has it had been on my motors liked list for nearly 2 months, anyway tomorrow me and my dad will be taking it back in and outlining the current issues with the car that need to be sorted and I'll give them a week or so to sort them out, and they can foot the bill for a hire car in the meantime for me to use as the car wasn't as stated in the online add.

So the buck firmly stops with them for having seemingly sold me an underpar vehicle yet billed it as in perfect condition. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I think the one she has now is the last of the good ones not sure what we will replace it with when the time comes 

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think the one she has now is the last of the good ones not sure what we will replace it with when the time comes 

A horse and cart.... everything else will be electric 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Just packed for a weekend of trail riding in Wales .  I still need to sort out the fork seals on the WR250 , so it could be interesting riding the Donkey on some of the dodgy lanes.

No you aren't invited Fred as it's Tony's gig but I can tell you that we're staying in Glasbury on saturday night 

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

Sad Freddie Mercury GIF by Queen

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I have checked and it doesn't say anything about any accident damage, id more say its been sitting around for a while although they have said its only been in about 3 weeks.... bullshit it has it had been on my motors liked list for nearly 2 months, anyway tomorrow me and my dad will be taking it back in and outlining the current issues with the car that need to be sorted and I'll give them a week or so to sort them out, and they can foot the bill for a hire car in the meantime for me to use as the car wasn't as stated in the online add.

So the buck firmly stops with them for having seemingly sold me an underpar vehicle yet billed it as in perfect condition. 

I wouldn't trust a word coming from there mouth...the thing could have gone in a scrap and who ever owned it might have got it repaired by sub- pare bodyshop...without getting insurance involved...who know...over the years I could have gone into selling used car but never did ..and will never...I'm to honest and would have probably cost me more money and restless nights ...knowing selling something that wasn't up  to pare...you basically have to be a crookit in someway to sell used cars...I my opinion....

• Like 5

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Damn Straight 👍....early Civics are also great inspiration....learned how to drive in one...

Blown_Honda.JPG.b168af61da78aec30d63942ec8e77ba3.JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Marcel said:

I wouldn't trust a word coming from there mouth...the thing could have gone in a scrap and who ever owned it might have got it repaired by sub- pare bodyshop...without getting insurance involved...who know...over the years I could have gone into selling used car but never did ..and will never...I'm to honest and would have probably cost me more money and restless nights ...knowing selling something that wasn't up  to pare...you basically have to be a crookit in someway to sell used cars...I my opinion....

Well it appears that the director of stonebridge was its last owner and according to him everything was working fine with the car during his year of ownership, I'll be taking it back in this morning and they can pay for a hire car while it gets repaired. 

I shouldn't be out of pocket because the vehicle isn't as stated in the ad

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well it appears that the director of stonebridge was its last owner and according to him everything was working fine with the car during his year of ownership, I'll be taking it back in this morning and they can pay for a hire car while it gets repaired. 

I shouldn't be out of pocket because the vehicle isn't as stated in the ad

A whole year?

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Buckster said:

A whole year?

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

So he reckoned, im dubious about that though, I don't see why a company he would have it in the lineup of sale cars if it was his unless he was trying to flog an issue vehicle 

• Like 3

I don't know why you guys are so hooked up on German cars...for me has someone that works on cars for a living ..I always found that they over complicate a desigh..like suspension for and example...I would never owne one...just a nightmare trying to find parts for..around here anyways..maybe things are different across the pond.

Screenshot_20240323_054228_Google.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I don't know why you guys are so hooked up on German cars...for me has someone that works on cars for a living ..I always found that they over complicate a desigh..like suspension for and example...I would never owne one...just a nightmare trying to find parts for..around here anyways..maybe things are different across the pond.

Screenshot_20240323_054228_Google.jpg

This is the first German car I've ever had, I've had Renault, Ford, Nissan, daihatsu and jag and obviously now the audi.

They are nice to drive and as said if it proves to be unreliable then it will be a short ownership 

• Like 2

This is the first German car I've ever had, I've had Renault, Ford, Nissan, daihatsu and jag and obviously now the audi.

They are nice to drive and as said if it proves to be unreliable then it will be a short ownership 

Did a front brake job on a 2018 Q 50 think it was.last week.equipped with brembo brakes..put it this way...glad I wasn't paying for it..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Did a front brake job on a 2018 Q 50 think it was.last week.equipped with brembo brakes..put it this way...glad I wasn't paying for it..

Bit of a pig of a job then was it?

Most of the work I'll do myself unless it's big jobs 

• Like 2

Bit of a pig of a job then was it?

Most of the work I'll do myself unless it's big jobs 

No not really...just parts are so expensive...maybe things are different where you live..it easily double what a normal car would be.

• Like 4