Rugby World Cup 2023

busabeast

Thought I'd start a thread about the World Cup (the proper one that is) thats starting Friday night.

France vs New Zealand.... who's going to be victorious and who's going to run away and eat some cheese?

So anything to do with the World Cup can be found here

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well I don't know who's going to win but I know who won't .......................

F*cking England :classic_ohmy:

Not going on recently record but you never know we may get out of our pool if we are lucky.

I don't think Borthwick was put in that great a position when he took over and also I don't think he was actually the right person for the job but who would have been?

17 hours ago, busabeast said:

Not going on recently record but you never know we may get out of our pool if we are lucky.

I don't think Borthwick was put in that great a position when he took over and also I don't think he was actually the right person for the job but who would have been?

Big Faz (Although he was never going to leave Ireland in the time frame of booting out Eddie) or Shaun Edwards, or even Warren Gatland for me.  Mark McCall?, if you could stand the whooping and celebrations.  Alex Sanderson?     I do think Borthers was dropped into it from a great height and probably got the  job before he was ready but like Stuart Lancaster he will forever be tainted by what I think will be a woeful RWC.  Don't want that to be the case but its probably going to happen.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, busabeast said:

Thought I'd start a thread about the World Cup (the proper one that is) thats starting Friday night.

France vs New Zealand.... who's going to be victorious and who's going to run away and eat some cheese?

So anything to do with the World Cup can be found here

France. for Friday.  Probably SA for the cup although I would love it to come to the Northern Hemisphere.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saul said:

France. for Friday.  Probably SA for the cup although I would love it to come to the Northern Hemisphere.  

I've also got the bokke on for winning the world Cup again. 

I think nzl will probably pip the French in tomorrow's opening game, but we will see what kind of game the French can come up with. 

If they pin dupont down and give him no time or space the French won't have a good day at the office

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

The only farce in Boxing is Fury!

It's all a farce, not just one person they are all moronic twats who think they are all the dogs danglies when in reality they are one step away from a deflated ego

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's all a farce, not just one person they are all moronic twats who think they are all the dogs danglies when in reality they are one step away from a deflated ego

I'd like to see you make that point to Beterbiev!

What you say @Six30?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd like to see you make that point to Beterbiev!

What you say @Six30?

Bloody hell Pete that is a stretch.  Most everyday peeps would come a very poor second to most professional fighters, doesn't stop them having an opinion.   I thought Bruno was a robotic numpty in boxing terms (probably too harsh).  Top likeable bloke and helluva athlete, who could rip a new one to a high percentage of British if not world Boxers of the time.  Would I say so to his face of course not, for starters would be disrespectful and rude, and probably a risky thing to do.  

Personally I don't think all professional boxing is a farce, but it has always been a show as well as a sport and plenty of people have crossed the line into farce or incredulity ala the Fury's.  

Beterbiev is an impressive guy but at some point there will be a bigger better dog, there always is.  Very few fighters walk away without meeting a better dog.  

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

The only farce in Boxing is Fury!

It's all a bloody farce Pete, I stopped watching boxing a long time ago .  Most of the contests have an inevitable ending, especially heavyweight , there are no real proper fights anymore.  At least Rugby isn't boring, you can try and predict the outcome but you're never sure who will win in the end.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's all a bloody farce Pete, I stopped watching boxing a long time ago .  Most of the contests have an inevitable ending, especially heavyweight , there are no real proper fights anymore.  At least Rugby isn't boring, you can try and predict the outcome but you're never sure who will win in the end.

My gripe about today is there's too many titles......and the main guys get kept apart until they've both got titles so it becomes a megafight.

The recent fight between Crawford and Spence was an example of that! Everybody's waiting to see Beterbiev and Bivol at light heavy now, plus Usyk and Fury......but Fury's doing everything to swerve it.

Some take years to happen like Mayweather and PacMan, and Canelo and GGG.......and unfortunately some never happen at all. Like Lewis and Bowe!

But there is some amazing fighters out there......who would have dominated in whatever era they were in.

Having said that, Sugar Ray Robinson is still the GOAT!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, busabeast said:

You don’t watch a lot of boxing do you 

• Haha 2

I'll add a bit about Rugby here!

Bet you didn't know that I met Gareth Edwards many times in the mid 70's cos he worked just down the road from me in Dynevor Engineering in Neath.

Used to see him in the cafe on Windsor Road at lunchtimes. Really nice down to earth bloke he was!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'll add a bit about Rugby here!

Bet you didn't know that I met Gareth Edwards many times in the mid 70's cos he worked just down the road from me in Dynevor Engineering in Neath.

Used to see him in the cafe on Windsor Road at lunchtimes. Really nice down to earth bloke he was!

I was taught how to prop by the fun bus when I was at stortford rugby club

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Now I don't like the all blacks but I don't like the French more, can't believe I'm saying this but.....

COME ON THE ALL BLACKS!

Same here but they ain’t dominating the game like they used to.