Rugby World Cup 2023

busabeast

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well yes and no.  At least the England game was close, this is turning into a walkover 😕

It seems the ref just doesn't like Scotland.... some pretty shit decision making from the ref

This officiating is just a farce, some of the calls by the ref in the ire vs scot game were just ludicrous, Scotland scrum and he deems Scotland dropped the scrum... you don't drop the scrum on own put in...

Trys by Ireland that the ref gives even though he's blind to the ball.

It all stinks of being pre meditated as to the outcomes of decisions almost

11 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Well yes and no.  At least the England game was close, this is turning into a walkover 😕

Yes it was but at least Scotland showed some real good attacking sets its just that the Irish defence was too good.    Not close in the end but much better quality rugby on display by two tier one nations rather than a tier one nation luckily edging past a tier two by the skin of their teeth.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Yes it was but at least Scotland showed some real good attacking sets its just that the Irish defence was too good.    Not close in the end but much better quality rugby on display by two tier one nations rather than a tier one nation luckily edging past a tier two by the skin of their teeth.    

Do you not agree that the Irish did get away with quite a few high tackles, offsides and other things that Scotland were pinged for straight away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Do you not agree that the Irish did get away with quite a few high tackles, offsides and other things that Scotland were pinged for straight away 

It's possible, but I don't really go in for the conspiracy theories.  Rugby refs get it wrong all the time as do most refs, especially if you look at their decisions through the bias of who you want to win.  But there is no game without them at any level.  I am not really an Ireland fan although I have a lot of time for Big Faz as a coach.  Ireland have consistently beaten the top competition for quite some time now, if they do win the RWC I don't reckon it will be because of a conspiracy.  

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Here you go Pedro, Portugal's highest ever world ranking.  

worldranking.jpeg.c4fab59b6827b21effdce4f1fe09b4a8.jpeg

They did very well, apparently.

There's something to be said about Spain being 7 places down, warms the heart.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well thank fuck the paddies didn't win that, it was getting abit frantic at the end there

Chuffed the All Blacks held on…….funny to see Sexton throw his toys out of the pram at the end. Didn’t catch who he was effing at. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Wow Welsh and Irish out.  Obviously NZ never read the script.  Who wins tomorrow.  England and France I reckon but it is going to be interesting.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

Wow Welsh and Irish out.  Obviously NZ never read the script.  Who wins tomorrow.  England and France I reckon but it is going to be interesting.  

Well it all depends on how many saffers get send off for going anywhere near dupont I guess, id like to thibk England will have the measure of fiji though seeing who's our ref we could well be playing against the 16th and 17th men.... 

Only time will tell

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Well it all depends on how many saffers get send off for going anywhere near dupont I guess, id like to thibk England will have the measure of fiji though seeing who's our ref we could well be playing against the 16th and 17th men.... 

Only time will tell

Is it me Rich or do you seem to be obsessed with who the Ref is for any given game in this World Cup ...............

Eavesdropping Lea Michele GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Is it me Rich or do you seem to be obsessed with who the Ref is for any given game in this World Cup ...............

Eavesdropping Lea Michele GIF

I don't think he likes Refs that much;.  🤣

• Haha 1