First Weekend in August!

XTreme

More heat......but tomorrow looks a little more reasonable.

Screenshot2023-08-04112543.jpg.c2d2758c7947745d899011ec9597333d.jpg

However, I've got to see a client in Baza tomorrow morning......then the wife wants to go to the shops. :classic_wacko:

Early Sunday morning may be a possibility, I'll just have to see how it goes.

What you doing?

• Like 2

At the moment i'll be doing whatever i'll be doing this weekend, I have no plans and nothing but the usual long list of chores to do that wont get done, i'll decide when i get up in the morning and go from there :littleguy:

• Like 3

Another Saturday spent travelling around the countryside smashing a small, hard round object towards an impossibly small hole in the ground. And drinking afterwards of course. ⛳🍺🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Another Saturday spent travelling around the countryside smashing a small, hard round object towards an impossibly small hole in the ground. And drinking afterwards of course. ⛳🍺🏴‍☠️

it Friday.. how much did you have to drink ?

• Haha 1

Tomorrow we are heading back home from our family holiday away in great Yarmouth. 

It's not been a bad week, all 3 kids have enjoyed themselves immensely.

Back to the daily grind on Monday 

• Like 3

Had a lovely ride back from Clevedon Motorcycles. It really made up for the crappy bickering the boys were doing.

The motorway looked busy on the way up so I came back on A and B roads. Got a bit of the devil about me on the the A370 as some guy was keen to catch up and then hung off my back wheel in an annoying fashion. I thought I wonder if I can lose him on a Himalayan? 

It’s obviously a slow bike but I have the advantage of being in front and if I ring it’s neck I think I might.. no don’t be stupid.. wait.. what’s happening.. my arm has been possessed.. stop twisting the throttle… mwahahaaaaaaa 😆

• Haha 4

I went to Neath Llanelli today to see a mate.  He recently had a heart attack and while they processed him in Hospital he found out that he had cancer on his kidney as well 🙄

Anyway he looked in surprisingly good form and showed us what £250,000 gets you for a house in Llanelli.  They moved from Bristol last year and now have a lovely 4-bed house there which would cost £480 - £500,000 all day long in Bristol.

Tomorrow looks like a complete washout but looking forward to Sunday (my wallet isn't) as we will be having a family meal for 16 of us at a local resturant as my son is 30 years old next Wednesday.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I went to Neath Llanelli today to see a mate.  He recently had a heart attack and while they processed him in Hospital he found out that he had cancer on his kidney as well 🙄

Anyway he looked in surprisingly good form and showed us what £250,000 gets you for a house in Llanelli.  They moved from Bristol last year and now have a lovely 4-bed house there which would cost £480 - £500,000 all day long in Bristol.

Tomorrow looks like a complete washout but looking forward to Sunday (my wallet isn't) as we will be having a family meal for 16 of us at a local resturant as my son is 30 years old next Wednesday.

I want to say 🎉 and 😔 at that post! Your poor whopped wallet and that you’re lucky to have good family.

They always say enjoy it while it lasts, as I get older the more that becomes a very sensible statement 😆

• Like 3

It’s the Harvest Home today and it’s absolutely hammering down. This means all the milling around and activities outside the marquee will be a washout and everyone will be crammed into the soggy floored bar area getting pie eyed even earlier than usual.

The rugby club run the bar and Mr Slowly will be there all day. I’m trying not to pretend I find that very funny. 

Tis especially sweet as the boys are off sugar soaping and prepping the walls for painting so I’ll have the house to myself and intend to totally waste my day 😆

I’m considering ordering fish and chips just for me 💃 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It’s the Harvest Home today and it’s absolutely hammering down. This means all the milling around and activities outside the marquee will be a washout and everyone will be crammed into the soggy floored bar area getting pie eyed even earlier than usual.

The rugby club run the bar and Mr Slowly will be there all day. I’m trying not to pretend I find that very funny. 

Tis especially sweet as the boys are off sugar soaping and prepping the walls for painting so I’ll have the house to myself and intend to totally waste my day 😆

I’m considering ordering fish and chips just for me 💃 

I had cod and chips for dinner in work yesterday as a treat and it was a treat bloody lovely, it wasn't a treat for the boys i was working with though because for some reason fish and chips makes me fart like hell :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had cod and chips for dinner in work yesterday as a treat and it was a treat bloody lovely, it wasn't a treat for the boys i was working with though because for some reason fish and chips makes me fart like hell :classic_laugh:

Feel like I’m doing something bad ordering food for just myself, I’ve never done this before, it’s… great 💃 the order has been placed. Cod, chips, mushy peas, curry sauce and tartare sauce. The curry sauce they do isn’t the bog standard, it’s very very good  

I bet someone comes home and I get caught 😆

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I want to say 🎉 and 😔 at that post! Your poor whopped wallet and that you’re lucky to have good family.

They always say enjoy it while it lasts, as I get older the more that becomes a very sensible statement 😆

I've no trouble spending the money on them, otherwise I'd only waste it on motorcycle parts .................

oh hang on a minute 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

it wasn't a treat for the boys i was working with though because for some reason fish and chips makes me fart like hell :classic_laugh:

In my experience it's not just fish & chips that make you fart like hell

Scared Dog GIF

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Weather is shite here, as it has been since the end of June.

Yep, same here Ian.  It's been pissing down all day, I haven't ridden a bike since I came back from France

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

• Like 1

Dry here tomorrow, I may go to one of those events where people dress up and pretend to be who they're not. Not a Harley rally.

Next weekend I am off to Wiltshire with my littlest tent, with a brief foray into north Devon.

• Like 3

On 04/08/2023 at 19:47, busabeast said:

Tomorrow we are heading back home from our family holiday away in great Yarmouth. 

It's not been a bad week, all 3 kids have enjoyed themselves immensely.

Back to the daily grind on Monday 

Should of given me a shout, just down the road in Gorleston.
Although I've been away for the weekend in London, Mandi did the Abba thing again and I went to Ronnie Scotts.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Mandi did the Abba thing again and I went to Ronnie Scotts.

Ersilia has done that twice, must be a woman type thing :classic_unsure:

Who was on in Ronnie Scotts ?

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Ersilia has done that twice, must be a woman type thing :classic_unsure:

Who was on in Ronnie Scotts ?

Light of the world. Didn't choice them, they were on the evening we went. Didn't disappoint though.
Think that was Mandis third time.:classic_laugh:
We stayed in the snooze boxes next to he Abba show. The bar area was smashing out their songs with a few others mixed in. Great atmosphere.

• Like 3