Oil leak

Buckster

I know you all think Harleys all leak oil but that just the usual bullshit. I have however found an oil leak and thought it was just my primary cover gasket but it turn out it is the inner primary gasket which is a pain in the arse and means no rally this coming weekend. Not a difficult job as such but a long one as it means stripping the entire primary out. I guess it gives me a chance to inspect everything. 
The Look What GIF by Apple TV+

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I know you all think Harleys all leak oil but that just the usual bullshit.

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

I have however found an oil leak

Satisfying Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

• Haha 4

I know you all think Harleys all leak oil but that just the usual bullshit. I have however found an oil leak and thought it was just my primary cover gasket but it turn out it is the inner primary gasket which is a pain in the arse and means no rally this coming weekend. Not a difficult job as such but a long one as it means stripping the entire primary out. I guess it gives me a chance to inspect everything. 
The Look What GIF by Apple TV+

Do it after the rally assuming it's a minor leak.

• Like 1

Just now, Catteeclan said:

Do it after the rally assuming it's a minor leak.

No it's pretty bad plus I will just obsess about it now. 

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

How much would that cost to replace in a Harley dealership?

I guess that depends on how much they charge per hour, I'll let buck answer that one. Never don't one myself.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How much would that cost to replace in a Harley dealership?

It would cost you a fortune but i expect Buckster will do it himself, that's the benefit of knowing one end of a spanner from the other 😜 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It would cost you a fortune but i expect Buckster will do it himself, that's the benefit of knowing one end of a spanner from the other 😜 

Pity he didn't know how to buy a decent bike though.

Cosmo Kramer Yes GIF

• Haha 6

I just flicked through a vid on you tube of said job. Lots of "while it's in bits" parts to replace which don't look very cheap. Could use a few special tools too but nothing that bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I just flicked through a vid on you tube of said job. Lots of "while it's in bits" parts to replace which don't look very cheap. Could use a few special tools too but nothing that bad.

I have all the special tools. Dealer would charge £500 plus I imagine. All I plan on replacing are the inner and outer gaskets and the stretch bolts and the tensioner shoe. Unless I find anything I feel the need to do.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

There's much you don't know, petes in here there too but he's in the corner getting bummed by a midget

Ride your bike you fucking casual!

Word on the street is that you're scared of it!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Yeah I know eh, how fast things can change and go tits up, she's calmed down like nothing ever happened.... I really don't get it 

Menopause. 

25 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Can't do fuck all without money mate you know that, we are currently living hand to mouth and having to count the pennies the cost of living is ruining everything 

Seriously I wouldn't have posted if I seen your reply...sorry to hear...hang in there..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Seriously I wouldn't have posted if I seen your reply...sorry to hear...hang in there..

Rubbing his nose in it with your expensive new bike as well while he is wondering if he is going to have to sell his daughter as a camel jockey. 

Episode 7 Rat Bastard GIF by Friends

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Yeah I know eh, how fast things can change and go tits up, she's calmed down like nothing ever happened.... I really don't get it 

And now you're on edge waiting for her to go off it again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Bit young surely?

Getting earlier and earlier, between the covid death shots and the chemicals in the water supply, what do you say @zzzak?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2