Oil leak

Buckster

Everything looks good in the primary but I had to get hold of some suitable steel bar to make a locking bar with which I am working on right now.20230702_180332.thumb.jpg.821a8c324f342d209cffcdda05c5392c.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Buckster said:

Everything looks good in the primary but I had to get hold of some suitable steel bar to make a locking bar with which I am working on right now.20230702_180332.thumb.jpg.821a8c324f342d209cffcdda05c5392c.jpg

You mean to lock up the engine to get the big bolt out?

12 minutes ago, Marcel said:

You mean to lock up the engine to get the big bolt out?

Yes it goes between the clutch and the compensator.

24 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Yes it goes between the clutch and the compensator.

I just use a roll up rag...works well..between the Chain and sprocket.. doesn't hurt anything....and old trick I picked up from the old harley guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

I just use a roll up rag...works well..between the Chain and sprocket.. doesn't hurt anything....and old trick I picked up from the old harley guy.

known as a shop rag in the States I do believe ?

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

Perfect for wrecking your output shaft bearing.

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

Perfect for wrecking your output shaft bearing.

Have you ever seen a Harley do a burn out and smash through the gears ?  Believe there alot more force applied to the output shaft than simply removing that bolt.

30 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Don't believe Buckster has and impact gun... and you need a heavy-duty air compressor with a large tank...to run those.

You can get them electric as well we used to have a 3/4 drive one in work that thing would undo any bolt or snap it LOL

36 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Have you ever seen a Harley do a burn out and smash through the gears ?  Believe there alot more force applied to the output shaft than simply removing that bolt.

You can jam the primary with a block or rag with the old five speed transmission but not with the six speed, you risk cracking the case by jamming the primary chain against it or putting too much lateral pressure on the output shaft bearing. I appreciate you think you know something but you all know fuck all, I have had the primary and transmission out in the past to replace the output shaft bearing as it was a casualty of driveline shock when the bike was in an accident before I bought it. I know what I am doing and I will do it properly.

43 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You can jam the primary with a block or rag with the old five speed transmission but not with the six speed, you risk cracking the case by jamming the primary chain against it or putting too much lateral pressure on the output shaft bearing. I appreciate you think you know something but you all know fuck all, I have had the primary and transmission out in the past to replace the output shaft bearing as it was a casualty of driveline shock when the bike was in an accident before I bought it. I know what I am doing and I will do it properly.

Think I'm gonna start calling you buckapussy.....so did you find the proper tool ?

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Think I'm gonna start calling you buckapussy.....so did you find the proper tool ?

I made one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I made one.

Just to let you know I would have had that fixed in a jiffy with no leaks and no output shaft damage...by the time you made a tool....keep in mind I do this for a living when questioning my mechanical skills....and you'd be on your way back from the rally...

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Just to let you know I would have had that fixed in a jiffy with no leaks and no output shaft damage...by the time you made a tool....keep in mind I do this for a living when questioning my mechanical skills....and you'd be on your way back from the rally...

You are a bodger, I wouldn’t trust you to change a spark plug.

13 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You are a bodger, I wouldn’t trust you to change a spark plug.

You're such a knob....if I was a bodger...this is a small cumunity..words get around fast..I wouldn't have been out of business years ago..a fucking spark plug on a harley buck ?...knobend. 

Well it was definitely the inner gasket, not sure what type was in, pretty sure it was a Commetic. 

20230709_172544.thumb.jpg.a6f8c2c52eba83687a7840472eeda633.jpg

20230709_172532.thumb.jpg.9ef39889a3ead4b9ab72b1dc34215a3b.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Well it was definitely the inner gasket, not sure what type was in, pretty sure it was a Commetic. 

20230709_172544.thumb.jpg.a6f8c2c52eba83687a7840472eeda633.jpg

20230709_172532.thumb.jpg.9ef39889a3ead4b9ab72b1dc34215a3b.jpg

That gasket looks like it was glued on or something or someone  did a terrible job installing it..?  It's outta shape...could be just the pic thoe...

12 minutes ago, Marcel said:

That gasket looks like it was glued on or something or someone  did a terrible job installing it..?  It's outta shape...could be just the pic thoe...

It's rubber and metal and they have separated, the one I fitted this time is a different design, maybe for that reason.

• Like 1