Oil leak

Buckster

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

I know you all think Harleys all leak oil but that just the usual bullshit. I have however found an oil leak and thought it was just my primary cover gasket but it turn out it is the inner primary gasket which is a pain in the arse and means no rally this coming weekend. Not a difficult job as such but a long one as it means stripping the entire primary out. I guess it gives me a chance to inspect everything. 
The Look What GIF by Apple TV+

Do you think maybe hauling that trailer might have put the final nail in the koffen for the old girl...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Do you think maybe hauling that trailer might have put the final nail in the koffen for the old girl...?

Nothing good ever came of attaching a trailer to a motorcycle!

• Haha 2

So is the Harley a pre unit, even Triumph went to unit construction in 1963, sadly they didn't think to split the cases horizontally so they kept leaving their mark, just like your Harley.

However it appears that the new Indian has a unit construction engine/gearbox, maybe you should get one, there's even a trailer hitch available.

image.thumb.png.87b068f7837bffa1ee395636a51e5cef.pngimage_2023-06-27_072048256.png.45b524051af6424c83ff06f5e64f2342.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zzzak said:

So is the Harley a pre unit, even Triumph went to unit construction in 1963, sadly they didn't think to split the cases horizontally so they kept leaving their mark, just like your Harley.

However it appears that the new Indian has a unit construction engine/gearbox, maybe you should get one, there's even a trailer hitch available.

image.thumb.png.87b068f7837bffa1ee395636a51e5cef.pngimage_2023-06-27_072048256.png.45b524051af6424c83ff06f5e64f2342.png

Are you kidding me ....Buck wouldn't be able to ride one of those...just too much power for him...and the trailler wheels would disintegrate from the g force...of a 130 lbs of torque....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Marcel said:

Buck you need to get yourself and Indian.  Those don't leak.

Yeah Right Whatever GIF by Women's History

Let’s see what your Indian is like after 55,000 miles, not that you will have it that long, in three months time you will be riding a Honda Shadow and getting bummed by midgets.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Let’s see what your Indian is like after 55,000 miles, not that you will have it that long, in three months time you will be riding a Honda Shadow and getting bummed by midgets.

In a very long I haven't felt anything like this...well maybe my first sexual experience at the age of 16 with Evana Humpalot..I think I'm in love with this motorcycle...she might be my last one...in 7 years I'll be 65 years old.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Marcel said:

she might be my last one...in 7 years I'll be 65 years old.

In 9 months I'll be 70 years old.......and I'm nowhere near my last one!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I don't care what you guys say...but to me it's definitely better looking than Bucks barge....

I’m not sure if you should see an optician or a psychiatrist.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So have you taken it apart yet ...just doing it over the weekend?

Doing it on Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Where do you get your parts ...Harley dealer close by ?

I got the gaskets at the local Harley dealer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Still haven't received my Tshirt...

I just checked, it’s in Toronto, it has cleared customs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

I just checked, it’s in Toronto, its waiting for you along with the added extras i sent at customs.

They may want to talk to you about them and it may put you in prison depending on how you answer the questions. 

Oh Yeah Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

• Haha 1