Checking tyre pressure..

Six30

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

With one of these fucking things … time I get a reading , I’ve nearly let the tyre down ….

IMG_9131.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that, that's about the pressure i run on the XR

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nothing wrong with that, that's about the pressure i run on the XR

that wasn't the pressure....

oh yeh i still got your wheel here 

• Haha 1

I use this Draper gauge and a cheapie compressor from Lidl.   The gauge on the compressor is off but I normally go above what I need and the bring the pressure down with the bleed valve on the gauge.     I have an accessory plug on my bike so I can power the compressor from it.     Bit bulky but accurate and quick.  

IMG_0158.thumb.jpeg.736d847c6e86b2e5fc0331b0be27aa75.jpegIMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.e60140a3c0b3d17833779f347e8d58e4.jpeg

• Like 4

Foot pump and Draper pencil gauge. I had to renew it as they wear a bit and under read after a few years (I use it every day nearly). I bought three together last time and they all read the same, but my old one was 2 or 3lbs lower every time compared to them.

On 03/06/2023 at 20:22, boboneleg said:

You're not using correctly then, pencil guages like that are the most accurate devices for measuring tyre pressure.

I know that 

IMG_8151.gif

• Haha 2

On 04/06/2023 at 13:32, Saul said:

I use this Draper gauge and a cheapie compressor from Lidl.   The gauge on the compressor is off but I normally go above what I need and the bring the pressure down with the bleed valve on the gauge.     I have an accessory plug on my bike so I can power the compressor from it.     Bit bulky but accurate and quick.  

IMG_0158.thumb.jpeg.736d847c6e86b2e5fc0331b0be27aa75.jpegIMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.e60140a3c0b3d17833779f347e8d58e4.jpeg

Has your bike gone a bit BDSM? 😆

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Has your bike gone a bit BDSM? 😆

I wish I hadn't googled that, suppose I know what it means now and got some relationship advice at the same time 🤣🤣🤣.  In answer to the question I do like a tank bag and a Bagster makes that easy, but I do see your point.  🤣

• Haha 1