Yens graveyard music thread

yen_powell

36 minutes ago, Tango said:

Just watched Rocket Man on Netflix. 

Good movie, sad stuff but with great songs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Good movie, sad stuff but with great songs.

Yes, it was a good movie. And, yes, great songs! I was surprised that Candle In The Wind wasn't in the soundtrack. 

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yes, it was a good movie. And, yes, great songs! I was surprised that Candle In The Wind wasn't in the soundtrack. 

That’s just because you’re a brit. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That’s just because you’re a brit. 

It was a good song, even before a certain ex-royal had her "accident"! 😉

19 minutes ago, Tango said:

It was a good song, even before a certain ex-royal had her "accident"! 😉

See? You’re taking the brit approach to it. Great song, but the film isn’t about Lady Di.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

See? You’re taking the brit approach to it. Great song, but the film isn’t about Lady Di.

Yes, I guess that song has been somewhat tainted now! But, the song is really about Marilyn Munro, and that's how I still see it.

• Like 1

The first 7" single that I bought with my own money from my Saturday job. I still have it too!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Tango said:

The first 7" single that I bought with my own money from my Saturday job. I still have it too!

Love ELO, i was first introduced to them by a guy i used to have a lift to work with when i was around 17, he had one of those massive canal barge Citroens and used to have ELO playing all the time, but it wasn't until years later i found out i really liked them after i was playing some random music in the background and one of their albums came on and i recognised it from then. One of the most played albums in my car when i'm out now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Love ELO, i was first introduced to them by a guy i used to have a lift to work with when i was around 17, he had one of those massive canal barge Citroens and used to have ELO playing all the time, but it wasn't until years later i found out i really liked them after i was playing some random music in the background and one of their albums came on and i recognised it from then. One of the most played albums in my car when i'm out now.

Which album is it, Fred?

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

Which album is it, Fred?

I only have their greatest hits Album cant even remember buying it, most of the music i listen to is downloaded. The head unit in my car will play music off a USB so no need to own albums anymore not that i owned many anyway.

WhatsAppImage2024-04-13at09_49.29_2e89364e.jpg.383b08975c389e9c4f3f1d0abdb601a0.jpgWhatsAppImage2024-04-13at09_49.28_3e736f4f.jpg.022b0fb47868df5f1d325d6f635c6684.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I only have their greatest hits Album cant even remember buying it, most of the music i listen to is downloaded. The head unit in my car will play music off a USB so no need to own albums anymore not that i owned many anyway.

WhatsAppImage2024-04-13at09_49.29_2e89364e.jpg.383b08975c389e9c4f3f1d0abdb601a0.jpgWhatsAppImage2024-04-13at09_49.28_3e736f4f.jpg.022b0fb47868df5f1d325d6f635c6684.jpg

OK, cool. Some of the earlier era ELO stuff. A good collection of tunes there! I kinda went off them after Out of the Blue. 

• Like 2