Which one do you want

Saul

Pride and Clarke.....I went there in 1978. Can't remember much about the place though.

Visited a few others in London as well when I was there......I think Daytona might have been one of them.

And I'd have the GS1000 without a doubt.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I take the Suzuki TS185C 

before i saw your answer thats what i was going to put , remember my Dad having one ,can remember the sound and smell of it , i remember thinking what a good looking bike it was 

suzuki-ts-185-er-1983-11.jpg&ehk=0FY2aDg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Six30 said:

before i saw your answer thats what i was going to put , remember my Dad having one ,can remember the sound and smell of it , i remember thinking what a good looking bike it was 

suzuki-ts-185-er-1983-11.jpg&ehk=0FY2aDg

I had one same colour......great for wheelies! Binned that thing (all offroad) so many times!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

None of the Honda's, they were all shit in that era, can't decide between TS250C or the DT175MX

I've had the DT175 such a good bike from what i remember so would like to try the DT250, there's also the Yamaha 500 enduro which i have not had a go on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've had the DT175 such a good bike from what i remember so would like to try the DT250, there's also the Yamaha 500 enduro which i have not had a go on

My mate had the DT250 , it wasn't as good as the 175.  I had a XT500 enduro , it was a heavy lump, great engine but not great 6v electrics .  Worth crazy money now .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

None of the Honda's, they were all shit in that era, can't decide between TS250C or the DT175MX

I had a book that told you what sort of mileage you could expect to do major component replacement on bikes of that era, i remember all the CB's were something like 40'000 miles the GS's were 100'000 miles.

• Like 2

I had an XS1100, which wasn't bad, and a TS185, which was a hoot!

A mate of mine had a GS1000, which was pretty awesome.

Out of them all I'd go for another TS185, just so much fun!

• Like 3

I saw an XS1100 for sale here recently and the guy wanted about 6000€ for it. Not silly money, like Kawasaki 2 stroke triples go for now, but it's an old bike which can't compete with many newer bikes, so I personally think that it's overpriced. I'm really not swayed by rose tinted nostalgia to pay silly money for bikes that were good in their day but are likely to be a liability now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tango said:

I'm really not swayed by rose tinted nostalgia to pay silly money for bikes that were good in their day but are likely to be a liability now.

Same here! I think riding an old one would be a big let down!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Same here! I think riding an old one would be a big let down!

And the ball ache trying to get parts if it needed them! Not for me, thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I saw an XS1100 for sale here recently and the guy wanted about 6000€ for it. Not silly money, like Kawasaki 2 stroke triples go for now, but it's an old bike which can't compete with many newer bikes, so I personally think that it's overpriced. I'm really not swayed by rose tinted nostalgia to pay silly money for bikes that were good in their day but are likely to be a liability now.

I totally agree, I like the look of old bikes and then I punch myself in the face to remind me what they were like :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I remember the DT250 being a bit big and cumbersome compared to the DT175.  If remember correctly the DT125 and DT175 were the same bike except for engine displacement as were the DT250 and DT400.  There were lots of them around here in the past.  I had a DT175MX and remember it being nowhere near as tough as the ER185.  DT was alot cooler looking but eh ER was a a tank.  

• Like 2

Just now, Saul said:

I remember the DT250 being a bit big and cumbersome compared to the DT175.  If remember correctly the DT125 and DT175 were the same bike except for engine displacement as were the DT250 and DT400.  There were lots of them around here in the past.  I had a DT175MX and remember it being nowhere near as tough as the ER185.  DT was alot cooler looking but eh ER was a a tank.  

My fist bike was a DT175mx i learned to ride on it thought it was a great bike and looked for another a few years ago but slapped myself because i knew if i got one it would just be taking up space in my garage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

3 pot like the 850

Yep well remembered 👍  I had an XS 750, don't remember it being that bad, bit heavy and slow but okay and looked cool to my eyes.  At the time most of my mates had Super Dreams and GSX250's so it didn't matter as my XS was way better than what they had.  When the GS550's became popular I got rid of the XS, the GS550 was a much better bike in every respect as I remember.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My fist bike was a DT175mx i learned to ride on it thought it was a great bike and looked for another a few years ago but slapped myself because i knew if i got one it would just be taking up space in my garage

I have had the same conversation with myself about a DT175MX and a TS185ER , I would love one of either but doubt I would ride them much. 

I quite fancy a CRF300, but doubt I would use that  much, yes I would have a play but just haven't got the time to make the best of something like that.  

• Like 3