I wonder sometimes.

Saul

My clinician is running an out of hours clinic tonight.  Had several in, including three kids at different times, A Braxton, a Jaxxson and a Tigger.   WTF is wrong with their parents those poor kids are going to have to live with those names until they are old enough to change them.    Perhaps its me with the 1 am grumps but I do wonder about people.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Saul said:

My clinician is running an out of hours clinic tonight.  Had several in, including three kids at different times, A Braxton, a Jaxxson and a Tigger.   WTF is wrong with their parents those poor kids are going to have to live with those names until they are old enough to change them.    Perhaps its me with the 1 am grumps but I do wonder about people.  🙄

I refer to my granddaughters as GD1 and GD2 when speaking with anyone other than their parents, I can't use their given names seriously.

I believe that a child's name should be chosen the same way as you do for a pet dog. Would you be okay to shout it out loudly in a public place if they run off? If you would it's fine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I refer to my granddaughters as GD1 and GD2 when speaking with anyone other than their parents, I can't use their given names seriously.

I believe that a child's name should be chosen the same way as you do for a pet dog. Would you be okay to shout it out loudly in a public place if they run off? If you would it's fine.

Tell Me More GIF by Mashed

I know why my mum gave me and my brother our christian names, they cannot be shortened.

Unlike our surname which can be fucked about with no end.. 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wot you on about, they’re not woke lovies names they’re the choices of trailer trash. 

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

You’d know …

Run Away GIF

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Six30 said:

thats the woke lovies for you and the cause of what is wrong with this country nowadays .

The biggest problems with that country at the moment are caused by politicians screwing the general population and the swathes of the population who shunned education, enabling those politicians.  Aided and abetted by those who have swallowed the "woke" rhetoric. 

Anyway, I nearly spat my beer out in a pub garden years back when a couple were calling their son over: "Tarquin, Tarqhin, come here, we are leaving"!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tango said:

The biggest problems with that country at the moment are caused by politicians screwing the general population and the swathes of the population who shunned education, enabling those politicians.  Aided and abetted by those who have swallowed the "woke" rhetoric. 

They just keep people obsessing about the invaders crossing the Channel so they don't notice that the country's assets are being plundered and sold off!  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They just keep people obsessing about the invaders crossing the Channel so they don't notice that the country's assets are being plundered and sold off!  

EARLY WARNING SIGNS OF FASCISM

Powerful and continuing nationalism

Disdain for human rights

Identification of enemies as a unifying cause

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Obsession with national security

Religion and government intertwined

Corporate power protected

Labor power suppressed

Disdain for intellectual and the arts

Obsession with crime and punishment

Rampant cronyism and corruption

Pretty much all those boxes ticked.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tango said:

EARLY WARNING SIGNS OF FASCISM

Powerful and continuing nationalism

Disdain for human rights

Identification of enemies as a unifying cause

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Obsession with national security

Religion and government intertwined

Corporate power protected

Labor power suppressed

Disdain for intellectual and the arts

Obsession with crime and punishment

Rampant cronyism and corruption

Pretty much all those boxes ticked.

And they now want to leave the ECHR........and have the same status as Russia and Belarus! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2