Word on the Street.......

XTreme

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Sherco builds some bikes in Spain, the trials ones.

Ossa and Bultaco are very cool old brands.

Montesa is Honda’s trials manufacturer, proper bikes!

Gas Gas was completely independent up until a few years ago, also proper bikes.

I used to do a bit of off roading when I was much younger, one of my mates had several Bultacos, a 250 then a 360, one of them was a Sherpa I think, very nice very capable bikes.   I also had a mate that had a Suzuki Beamish which we all coveted.  I only ever had Suzuki TS/ERs and a DT175.  Never had the wealthy parents they had, I bought my own bikes.  

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just testing to see who was paying attention you passed Bob everyone else failed :classic_laugh:

They make the trials bikes in Spain though. I was going to comment but didn’t want to sound pedantic  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They make the trials bikes in Spain though. I was going to comment but didn’t want to sound pedantic  :classic_laugh:

didn't want to sound like a Penis 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Saul said:

I used to do a bit of off roading when I was much younger, one of my mates had several Bultacos, a 250 then a 360, one of them was a Sherpa I think, very nice very capable bikes.   I also had a mate that had a Suzuki Beamish which we all coveted.  I only ever had Suzuki TS/ERs and a DT175.  Never had the wealthy parents they had, I bought my own bikes.  

I don’t know what to think about wealthy parents.

I kind of am a bit of one now and I’m not sure how much financial support you can offer before you’re turning your kids into privileged aholes?!

Obviously no support as they flounder their way out the gates into reality is just mean but wheres the line?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I kind of am a bit of one now and I’m not sure how much financial support you can offer before you’re turning your kids into privileged aholes?!

Obviously no support as they flounder their way out the gates into reality is just mean but wheres the line?

I think I might have over egged that story the two guys I was talking about were farmers sons (brothers), no doubt there was money there and their dad did pay for their bikes but they worked on the farm from a young age, and certainly weren't the entitled type.    But on the other side their Dad also let his sons and a whole group of their friends ride in a wood on his land, twas bloody idyllic really.    Really rugby killed that past time for a lot of us, when we got older and graduated to the first team none of us had much time for off roading anymore.  

• Like 5

On 04/02/2023 at 09:39, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

73EA76C0-BFC7-4108-9CA3-C2549883D45A.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you like 😬

D6335BD7-C57B-4954-8680-329B210A2F95.jpeg.2c8a0af64218a085da85ee51aef4b836.jpeg

Have you ever done the guided tour at Longleat to see his art collection?  Once seen never forgotten, especially the painting of his parents. 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have not. I’m guessing it’s a lot of nudes and trippy stuff?

Yep, also a collection of portraits of his mistress.   The worst one was of his parents naked and disemboweled.  There was a dark side to him for sure.  On the tour you go through 3 rooms he decorated psychedelicly  in the 1960's, they are pretty trippy and to be honest I thought more vandalism than decoration.  

• Like 5