Wotcha watching?

Slowlycatchymonkey

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ashes to Ashes did tie up the two series very well though.

They did, I am probably biased as I don't really like time travel things normally.   I thought Bodies was clever but never really my cup of tea.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

but the all time greatest has to be the original of "The Time Machine" with Rod Taylor from 1960.

I have to stop and watch it every time I find its on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm not that keen on the futuristic sci-fi ones......I'm into the going back in time to try and change things type of stuff.

Though it pisses me off that the Yanks always have to have them based on stopping the JFK assassination. There's plenty of other bad shit they could try and stop.

And what about a Brit one going back in time to stop the Farage and Bozos? And obviously Thatch as well. Throw Savile in too!

Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes were great examples of how to do it, but the all time greatest has to be the original of "The Time Machine" with Rod Taylor from 1960.

I saw that as a young kid and I was hooked on time travel from thereon. Not interested in any other sci-fi.

Back in time always has the edge IMO, just because the old cars, clothes, attitudes and reminders of the way things were done before modern machinery or tech arrives on the scene always draws me in. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Life on Mars nailed that!

I’ve not seen that.

Am teaching someone to sew right now and he seems to have a good grasp of construction, good manual dexterity and is a fast learner so i think I might have time to start watching that while they grapple with basting a sleeve into an armhole.

I’ll save ‘Dark’ for laters, it sounds like something I’d have to pay attention to!

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’ve not seen that.

Am teaching someone to sew right now and he seems to have a good grasp of construction, good manual dexterity and is a fast learner so i think I might have time to start watching that while they grapple with basting a sleeve into an armhole.

I’ll save ‘Dark’ for laters, it sounds like something I’d have to pay attention to!

Your father would relate more to Life on Mars than you would!

The attention to detail for that era, not just cars and fashions, but speech, attitudes, music etc is incredible.

Life on Mars ranks right up there with The Prisoner in terms of great TV.

Ashes to Ashes wasn't as good, but it did have an epic ending when all was revealed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Loved the harsh violence

Still starting, just watched the bus scene. Reminds me of The Punisher, really liked that too, the TV series, not the film.

16 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Good idea as it moves around a lot.

Watched this the other day, bloody good film.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

Watched Get Gotti on Netflix last night , documentary 3  parts , worth a watch.

Finished part one. Very good. Love that they have the people directly involved talking candidly. I suppose so much time has passed they feel like it’s fine to tell the story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm up to Episode 5 of "Bodies" now.......it's very good!

On 3rd episode........not impressed so far.....wife gave up after episode 1. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Finished part one. Very good. Love that they have the people directly involved talking candidly. I suppose so much time has passed they feel like it’s fine to tell the story. 

At the time one of em tells all the story.... Gotti must of been fuming , you'll see in the last episode

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Six30 said:

At the time one of em tells all the story.... Gotti must of been fuming , you'll see in the last episode

Finished it. I’m amazed to read that that one you’re referring to is still alive. You would have thought there would have been some repercussions of an unpleasant nature. 

I did really enjoy it, it’s def worth a watch but it does lean very heavily into the the whole Godfather mobster glam side of it and totally gloss over the real cost of pain and misery they cause, the threats of violence and the extortion that wreck a lot of peoples lives and businesses.

It was a lot of snappy 30 second sound bites pasted together but even so very entertainingly done. Feckin loved the lock picker in the cardboard box idea.

• Like 1