Result!

Tango

Just now, Pedro said:

Center of the front mudguard, like a bonnet symbol on cars, and mainly on the side black battery covers.

Nice, yes the front mudguards was along the lines I was thinking, they are plastic and I was also considering getting them properly chromed, then again I like the red and the pin striping would be good. 

Like the battery cover idea, might hang back and wait n see what they produce to replace the dumb stickers before doing something like that. 

I don't have high hopes for the quality of the paint, since they removed all the solvents paint seems a lot softer than it used to 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Nice, yes the front mudguards was along the lines I was thinking, they are plastic and I was also considering getting them properly chromed, then again I like the red and the pin striping would be good. 

Like the battery cover idea, might hang back and wait n see what they produce to replace the dumb stickers before doing something like that. 

I don't have high hopes for the quality of the paint, since they removed all the solvents paint seems a lot softer than it used to 🤷‍♀️

They’re monochrome pieces, so a good guy will sand them all down, do the stripes and artwork, and apply proper gloss on top, if they do the tank’s gloss as well you’ll have color tone and finish matching tank and mudguard, and way better than stock overall finish. It’s probably going to cost as much more in proportion to the better it looks than what you get by replacing a sticker.

I’d like a classic looking bike or a Harley for this alone, a GS doesn’t quite suit the nice paintwork that goes well with bikes like these.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They’re monochrome pieces, so a good guy will sand them all down, do the stripes and artwork, and apply proper gloss on top, if they do the tank’s gloss as well you’ll have color tone and finish matching tank and mudguard, and way better than stock overall finish. It’s probably going to cost as much more in proportion to the better it looks than what you get by replacing a sticker.

I’d like a classic looking bike or a Harley for this alone, a GS doesn’t quite suit the nice paintwork that goes well with bikes like these.

Thanks for the info. Very appealing. Wouldn't want to just replace the crappy stickers, thinking they'll likely bring out an improved version, embossed/laser etched/proper badge, I dunno, but I wouldn't want to get the pin striping done and then wish I'd had it done on a better looking part later. 

Could definitely go for the striping on the front mudguard straight off the bat.

I'll get the bike and see what the costs are. Matching the finish on the tank sounds good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

This guy looks good. 

Any views from the pews @boboneleg?

https://www.aceofsprays.co.uk/guitar-refurb

Our paint guy is top hole, the problem with Del is he's usually snowed under with work.  It wouldn't hurt to pay him a visit though and I'll make you a cup of tea at the same time.

he hasn't got a website as such but you can see his work on facebook  ,   https://www.facebook.com/people/D-W-Automotive/100057294286425/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Our paint guy is top hole, the problem with Del is he's usually snowed under with work.  It wouldn't hurt to pay him a visit though and I'll make you a cup of tea at the same time.

he hasn't got a website as such but you can see his work on facebook  ,   https://www.facebook.com/people/D-W-Automotive/100057294286425/

Cor he knows his onions doesn't he!

Thanks 🙏

• Like 2

Todays excellent result -

Was on the verge of committing to buying an expensive oven a few weeks ago but some of the reviews were damning so I held off until I had time to look into it further.

In the mean time I called domestic and general to try and get the old one fixed. The oven has been insured with them for over 20years (it came free with the oven and continued at £7 a month - I've had my monies worth). They can't fix it, there are no longer spares. Got an email this evening as they cant fix it would I like a replacement free of charge?!!

Bloody hell I don't remember reading that in the small print. 

The oven offered for free is a £700 range and has mixed reviews so not my cup of tea but they offer upgrades of three different SMEGs and a Rangemaster all with excellent reviews and discounted by 700-800 quid!

Can't believe it, I don't pay for insurance generally because I almost never claim and when I have they always squirm out of their obligations.

Whoop whoop.

• Like 7