Your Day Today!

XTreme

Well that was a surreal evening.  Choir practice tonight we had a visit from a Ukrainian ladies group that are living in St Austell and Mevagissey.   I’m in Mevagissey male choir.   Anyway we are hosting a concert for Mevagissey Feast Week and the Ukrainian’s are going to be singing with us.  After our practice we always go to the pub, the ladies came as well.   We always sing in the pub and they  did also.  Bloody lovely it was.   

I got chatting to one and asked what the song was about, apparently a sad love song.   Very enjoyable evening.   

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I've not seen the Clarkson article. Hard to imagine him writing something thats not done purely for effect.

I don’t doubt what he’s written was for effect but I think he was right on this rare occasion.   Basically calling out the presses handling of the story.  

• Like 1

Soldered a new power jack on my laptop, starts up a treat, but I can't remember the password to unlock the screen. 😂 looks like it's heading for the bin 🚮  😂 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Clive said:

Soldered a new power jack on my laptop, starts up a treat, but I can't remember the password to unlock the screen. 😂 looks like it's heading for the bin 🚮  😂 

Is it Windows 10?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Is it Windows 10?

No.....its on Window, but dont think its running Windows 10....had it maybe 7 years +

TLDR machine broke, arm hurts. 

My day today has gone down the pan. I was going to ride out to the Caves at Nerja for a look (google pic below) and then en route 10mins away theres a biker cafe thats owned by a chef that used to cook for royalty so combo of good food and bikes has to be checked out. 

But late last night the washing machine which is in the upstairs bathroom went absolutely tits. There was a loud banging noise which made me realise it was still going half an hour after it should have finished and it had turned into a buckeroo, jumping all over the shop and almost completely closing the bathroom door wedging itself right up against the sink.

I just about managed to squeeze my right arm (which is already injured from something dumb I did) through the door and tried to push the machine back with one hand, unable to see it while it forcefully lurched forwards. It was clearly stuck in spin mode. 

Tbh it was a frightening. I can move a machine on my tod with both arms square in front of it but one arm outstretched round a door trying to push it left (ie not even straight on) while it bucks about, nope. 

Then it dawned on me it wasn't going to stop and would if I didn't get in and pull the plug it would likely catch fire. Now in brown trouser territory wondering what FIRE is in Spanish the fear strengthened my arm up and I pushed the machine far enough to get through the door, got into the bathroom (wow washing machines are violent when unbalanced) and climbed up to the plug.. peace at last.

There you go, my right arm is now very unhappy although I've taken every painkiller I could find so thats helped a lot. Whats the Spanish for deep heat? 😂

Nerja-Caves.jpg.webp.e0fd15025d0625baffef40695839324f.webp

Nerja caves, not discovered until 1959. They contain paintings from the paleolithic period, apparently some of the oldest in the world!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Clive said:

No.....its on Window, but dont think its running Windows 10....had it maybe 7 years +

Do a search for recovering lost password.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Do a search for recovering lost password.

Can't do anything with it, it just stays on the start up password screen, no other options on the screen.

👍 looked on line for help, most say insert recovery disc, but this does not have a disc drive.

Bin looking favourite now. 😂 

• Haha 1

House was like the Marie Celest so I bimbled up to Damerells to get some lunch and look at the bikes.    Aside from the demonstrators and sold bikes there was only about 10 bikes actually for sale.    Definitely silly season.   
Anyway I sat outside for lunch and had a chat with the CBT instructors who I know and this chap rocked up on a Interceptor from Switzerland.   Not an everyday occurrence.   He proceeded to charge his oil in the car park and mingled with the Daddy day care old fart crew.   Interesting fella.   Chucked a pair of saddlebags on his bike and travelled across Europe and on a whim.  😎

IMG_0171.thumb.jpeg.c67016e11367b1ab3b886b90c117025a.jpegIMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.af48e1542fd7de48aa9c3e95f93ce490.jpegIMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.b9efd9012095547ccfa5214e9516db69.jpegIMG_0176.thumb.jpeg.a8f8cbe6a4f6a97913b27a70a8582885.jpegIMG_0178.thumb.jpeg.992baec1944e13ef085ca889b5a89167.jpegIMG_0175.thumb.jpeg.d4e80ced9f4b33b44e28b1f8d93d3c56.jpeg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Take it into a local computer shop......they may be able to get past it.

👍.....going to bin it, replacing the jack was something to do to pass some time, not lost anything much, the new power jack was only £5. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

TLDR machine broke, arm hurts. 

My day today has gone down the pan. I was going to ride out to the Caves at Nerja for a look (google pic below) and then en route 10mins away theres a biker cafe thats owned by a chef that used to cook for royalty so combo of good food and bikes has to be checked out. 

But late last night the washing machine which is in the upstairs bathroom went absolutely tits. There was a loud banging noise which made me realise it was still going half an hour after it should have finished and it had turned into a buckeroo, jumping all over the shop and almost completely closing the bathroom door wedging itself right up against the sink.

I just about managed to squeeze my right arm (which is already injured from something dumb I did) through the door and tried to push the machine back with one hand, unable to see it while it forcefully lurched forwards. It was clearly stuck in spin mode. 

Tbh it was a frightening. I can move a machine on my tod with both arms square in front of it but one arm outstretched round a door trying to push it left (ie not even straight on) while it bucks about, nope. 

Then it dawned on me it wasn't going to stop and would if I didn't get in and pull the plug it would likely catch fire. Now in brown trouser territory wondering what FIRE is in Spanish the fear strengthened my arm up and I pushed the machine far enough to get through the door, got into the bathroom (wow washing machines are violent when unbalanced) and climbed up to the plug.. peace at last.

There you go, my right arm is now very unhappy although I've taken every painkiller I could find so thats helped a lot. Whats the Spanish for deep heat? 😂

Nerja-Caves.jpg.webp.e0fd15025d0625baffef40695839324f.webp

Nerja caves, not discovered until 1959. They contain paintings from the paleolithic period, apparently some of the oldest in the world!

No electrical switches to turn off power in your place?

That sounds scary, a little more and that machine could have broken free and killed people.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No electrical switches to turn off power in your place?

That sounds scary, a little more and that machine could have broken free and killed people.

Ah well yes there’s an unlabelled fuse box downstairs but I would have been plunged into darkness.

Tbh once the fear and adrenaline was going I was on a mission to get into the bathroom and pull the plug. If it hadn’t of worked the fuse box would have been the next move. In retrospect perhaps it should have been the first! 

It was the plug that kept it slightly moored, can imagine the neighbours faces if killer machine crashed into their bedroom 🤣

• Haha 1