Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Nute said:

Had that before. My mums car was in the garage for years as she hunt been able to drive for a long time. We decided to try to get it going and on pulling things apart found the air filter compartment full of something a squirrel or mice had spent ages stashing there.

I bought a Triumph Speed 4 from a guy who had bought it new, but barely ridden the thing. It all worked OK, but when I took the tank off to replace the air filter there was the remains of a mouse nest under the tank. The little buggers had gnawed a hole in the airbox too! Fortunately the hole wasn't too big, so I filled it with some plastic repair putty. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rode north up to spend the week at my parents’, 250km on the motorway at perfect temperatures, 20/25°, just lovely. Didn’t feel like leaving my place, though.

On the way here stopped at a gas station and went over to help a british couple that looked like were having trouble with a tire. Turns out they just didn’t know how to put in the coin into the tire compressor. They were very surprised to learn it was free :classic_laugh:  They were also very displeased with all the bugs splattered on their otherwise shiny Kawasaki GTR 1400 :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Nute said:

I have had an electrical fault on my car for months, actually it’s probably a couple of years now, the rev counter only works intermittently. To get it to work correctly I need to turn some lights on, any lights, doesn’t matter which, switch them on and it starts working. It even goes on/off in time with the indicators. 
I keep meaning to get to it to trace the issue but can’t be arsed to pull the dash off. Today might be the day 😂

what car is it a ford?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what car is it a ford?

No, a kit car built by a GP in his garage. I had to resolve a load of idiosyncrasies on it when I bought it from him 12 years ago.

Still not fixed, I looked at it, got head down in the footwell to work out how to get the dash off, decided my back hurt then went out on my Indian instead. Maybe next w/end … 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I took the the Harley killer out for its first run...

That isn't a high bar Marcel!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Wyll you twats were busy beating your meat...I took the the Harley killer out for its first run...

20240421_124940.jpg

It is a lovely colour.

Was out on mine today and came the closest ive ever been to coming off it. I ended up on a minor road which has so much crap on it that it was just two narrow ribbons of tarmac with gravel either side and down the middle, caught the gravel and almost came off. Was only doing 10-15mph. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Nute said:

It is a lovely colour.

Was out on mine today and came the closest ive ever been to coming off it. I ended up on a minor road which has so much crap on it that it was just two narrow ribbons of tarmac with gravel either side and down the middle, caught the gravel and almost came off. Was only doing 10-15mph. 

Roads are still covered with with dirt and sand...a specially in corners and at stop sigh...have to be careful...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Lifts the wheel off the throttle in first?

it did do... you want one dont you 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

it did do... you want one dont you 

Nah he wants a warranty 🤣 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Nah he wants a warranty 🤣 

the miles he does  nothing will go wrong .... apart from a flat battery 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Six30 said:

the miles he does  nothing will go wrong .... apart from a flat battery 

Look who's talking!

I think this is the first time you've been out this year!

And by the way......where did you hide the van?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Look who's talking!

I think this is the first time you've been out this year!

And by the way......where did you hide the van?

no van was involved in todays outing

• Haha 4

My Pension arrived today, which included two weeks at the increased rate.....total €960!

Unfortunately, most of that got swallowed up by the Quarterly tax bill which went out today.

Go Away No GIF by phlywheel

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My Pension arrived today, which included two weeks at the increased rate.....total €960!

Unfortunately, most of that got swallowed up by the Quarterly tax bill which went out today.

Go Away No GIF by phlywheel

Will tell you what I get on the 5th of May........ 😔 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Will tell you what I get on the 5th of May........ 😔 

You should get the full month Clive!

• Like 1

I got my blood test results back today and went through them with my doctor. All good apart from my cholesterol is high so I’m going onto some low dosage tablets for a couple of months to help get it down and at the same time make some changes to the diet and up the exercise.

I don’t eat badly and I’m active but a bit of improvement in those areas won’t hurt.

Apart from that no dramas! 🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You should get the full month Clive!

I will get a full month of the new rate 👍 wife won't because she is on a much lower rate compared to me, I grateful for the pension rise, but after all our other bills have risen substantially we will still come up short. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I got my blood test results back today and went through them with my doctor. All good apart from my cholesterol is high so I’m going onto some low dosage tablets for a couple of months to help get it down and at the same time make some changes to the diet and up the exercise.

I don’t eat badly and I’m active but a bit of improvement in those areas won’t hurt.

Apart from that no dramas! 🤣

I need to get much more exercise, but I think I will have to leave the bungalow to do that.. 😂 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Clive said:

I need to get much more exercise, but I think I will have to leave the bungalow to do that.. 😂 

This town is full of older people walking round and round cos the Doctors have told them to do it.

Seems to be whatever affliction you've got then the course of treatment is walking!

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

• Like 2