Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Just wrote 21 detailed emails for increasing prices to my clients. It won't go down well since my competitors are lowering them. Not wanting more difficult conversations today, I sent the phone to send them at 18:20 and will then put it silent :classic_laugh:

hows your dad ?

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

hows your dad ?

Not too good. 

He did ok with going to his birthday dinner, lots of emotions from him because I think he knows next year there might not be one or that he won't be able to attend. But then yesterday fell off going up the stairs again. Didn't do any damage but it wasn't nice after the serious fall a day before.

He's a stubborn twat, he's had a platform ready to install on the stairs ready since October, but has decided to postpone it as long as he could. Obviously the only way you really know when you can no longer do stairs is when you fall down. Now waiting for Stannah to get a free slot and do the thing.

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not too good. 

He did ok with going to his birthday dinner, lots of emotions from him because I think he knows next year there might not be one or that he won't be able to attend. But then yesterday fell off going up the stairs again. Didn't do any damage but it wasn't nice after the serious fall a day before.

He's a stubborn twat, he's had a platform ready to install on the stairs ready since October, but has decided to postpone it as long as he could. Obviously the only way you really know when you can no longer do stairs is when you fall down. Now waiting for Stannah to get a free slot and do the thing.

Not good , another fall.... still feels young in his head but his body wont let him .... who wants to get old eh... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Not good , another fall.... still feels young in his head but his body wont let him .... who wants to get old eh... 

He's 70. 3 years ago he looked and moved like he was 30 years younger than today, but lateral sclerosis is a bitch.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Clive said:

I keep trying to stop my new wiper blades juddering,  bent the arms a bit at a time until finally......silence!.....then go out a hour later, flick the switch and the juddering is back, even tried another new blade, wonder if there is play (worn) in the spindle......fooking things. 😡 

Try cleaning the screen with a wet cloth with a squirt of fairy liquid. If it doesn't work burn the car.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

The wife mounted the TV in the office on the wall today......she's done a good job! 

IMG_20240404_134544-min.jpg.16dbad4ea619d7796d4cb28ba9b02fd7.jpg

Tell her it's wonky....

From me

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Try cleaning the screen with a wet cloth with a squirt of fairy liquid. If it doesn't work burn the car.

Tempted to.. 

bbc comedy GIF

• Haha 2

Considering that I should really still be down in Charmouth for another couple of days, this hasn't been a bad way to spend a Thursday at all. My eldest has been keen to learn some basic lathe skills for a while now, so after putting in a solid seven minutes work this morning I shut the laptop and took him off to make a few pens out of the acrylic blanks we picked up in Axminster last week. He's learned how to turn a basic taper with the top slide and make a mandrel out of some scrap aluminium and a bit of leftover threaded rod (damn site cheaper than paying £60 for the one in the shop) and has made a couple of pretty decent pens to give to his mates next week. Not bad for a first attempt!

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I’m waiting to get arrested under the Scottish hate crime act. 

Thankfully gingers aren’t a protected category so those soulless cunts are fair game.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Considering that I should really still be down in Charmouth for another couple of days, this hasn't been a bad way to spend a Thursday at all. My eldest has been keen to learn some basic lathe skills for a while now, so after putting in a solid seven minutes work this morning I shut the laptop and took him off to make a few pens out of the acrylic blanks we picked up in Axminster last week. He's learned how to turn a basic taper with the top slide and make a mandrel out of some scrap aluminium and a bit of leftover threaded rod (damn site cheaper than paying £60 for the one in the shop) and has made a couple of pretty decent pens to give to his mates next week. Not bad for a first attempt!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Very impressive!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very impressive!

He’s well chuffed with them! I’ve never turned acrylic (at least not since I was at high school) so it was a bit of a novelty for both of us.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

He’s well chuffed with them! I’ve never turned acrylic (at least not since I was at high school) so it was a bit of a novelty for both of us.

quality

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I’m waiting to get arrested under the Scottish hate crime act. 

So i could you report you to some twat in charge in Scotland and you could get arrested

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

I know nothing about making stuff, but that is a cool room to have a lathe!

40 minutes ago, Six30 said:

quality

Aye - got to be better than hanging around McDonalds uploading another happy slapping atrocity to TikTok, or whatever the hell it is teenagers do these days… 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Very good, great skill for your lad to learn.  Funnily enough I have always fancied turning pens and stuff.  Went as far as buying a small wood lathe and the gouges.   Made loads of things like new handles for the saucepans and new handles for tools and stuff.    Bought a load old chisels sorted and re handled them.  Never got around to getting a pen mandrel.  But there's an idea.    Oh and very envious of your engineers lathe, I would sell my soul to have set up like that and the skills to use it properly.   

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I know nothing about making stuff, but that is a cool room to have a lathe!

Thanks Pedro!

I have a little side-line in repairing brass and woodwind instruments, which is a damn site less stressful and more enjoyable than my day job, and is how I intend to spend my retirement. Eventually... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Saul said:

Very good, great skill for your lad to learn.  Funnily enough I have always fancied turning pens and stuff.  Went as far as buying a small wood lathe and the gouges.   Made loads of things like new handles for the saucepans and new handles for tools and stuff.    Bought a load old chisels sorted and re handled them.  Never got around to getting a pen mandrel.  But there's an idea.    Oh and very envious of your engineers lathe, I would sell my soul to have set up like that and the skills to use it properly.   

Cheers Saul! He really enjoyed it, so I'd definitely give it a go. The smell of hot acrylic took me right back to 1980s CDT classes...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

and is how I intend to spend my retirement.

Retirement?

travolta GIF

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

One thing about fresh snow..the moose will be easy to track...Billybob has amazing tracking abilities....we're going out for sure tomorrow..

Why are you tracking moose?

• Haha 1