Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There's a huge amount of things that affect kids behaviour now that we never understood when i was a kid. My sisters daughter was uncontrollable as a young child she wouldn't sit still and wouldn't listen to what she was being told, after a few years going back and forth the doctors they found it was certain food additives that was  affecting her behavior, An example was she could eat a tube of smarties except the blue ones as whatever was in the colouring of the blue ones had her running wild.

One of the big things that helped my sister was telling the bloody grandparents not to feed her daughter sweets behind her back as it would make her hyper and it wasn't the grandparents that was dealing with it after but they wouldn't always listen.
My boy struggled with school he couldn't concentrate and was falling behind after a few tests we found he suffers from autism and wearing glasses with yellow lens helped him. All his symptoms i found very familiar because it was what i was like in school but nobody new about it back then. 

See we don't have the grandparents feeding her up on sweets and we don't let her have loads of sweets.

She just can't seem to listen and when she is spoken to she just looks elsewhere, she keeps repeating the same things over and over again like are we going to the shops/park... no/no its raining. Then a couple minutes later exactly the same question, we ask her to repeat what we told her just before she reasked the question and she can't repeat what we said to her.

I'm starting to wonder if she's got problems 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

See we don't have the grandparents feeding her up on sweets and we don't let her have loads of sweets.

She just can't seem to listen and when she is spoken to she just looks elsewhere, she keeps repeating the same things over and over again like are we going to the shops/park... no/no its raining. Then a couple minutes later exactly the same question, we ask her to repeat what we told her just before she reasked the question and she can't repeat what we said to her.

Might just be a kid thing and she will pass through it but it won't hurt to have her checked out. The boy also has a hearing issue that didn't help him he can hear ok just missing certain tones so he can't concentrate when there's a few people talking at the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

Do you want a 3½ year old supposed deaf child aswell for the Easter holidays, we've got one to rehome 

you'll get a Harley pull up with a trailer out side your house shortly

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Other than being related to you?

• Haha 1

Just started both Africa Twins all fired up ok no missing or spluttering. Didn't have to change the clocks i haven't used the bikes for so long they were the right time.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just started both Africa Twins

Yeh......but they're Hondas Fred!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have just watched this, the car as been stood quite some time, they cleaned the plugs, put in a new air filter and gallon of petrol and it fired straight up 😲,  then they took it for a spin.....Jap engineering, marvelous.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have just watched this, the car as been stood quite some time, they cleaned the plugs, put in a new air filter and gallon of petrol and it fired straight up 😲,  then they took it for a spin.....Jap engineering, marvelous.

An old primera, id rather have my gtir back if I'm having a datsun

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

An old primera, id rather have my gtir back if I'm having a datsun

A Primera GT......that makes all the difference. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

A Primera GT......that makes all the difference. 😂 

Bloody good car.  👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Bloody good car.  👍

👍 yeh just been reading a piece about them, good engine (150bhp) .....comfortable and very good in the handling department.....no wonder they took them to the BTTC race series.

• Like 2

Weather's again improving for the next 2 days....all though it was 22f this morning

Taking the Mullet for another spin after the Mrs. & I get back from a bit of grocery shopping...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

👍 yeh just been reading a piece about them, good engine (150bhp) .....comfortable and very good in the handling department.....no wonder they took them to the BTTC race series.

They used to have quite a cult following back in the day.  I remember years ago in UKSaabs we shared a track day with them at Thruxton.  I think the club referred to the model number of that particular car but I have slept since so can't remember it now.    But like I say great handling, good car with a screamer of an engine.  Course everything's moved on since then but in the day it was a corker.  👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Course everything's moved on since then

Not for Nissan cos they now have Renault engines!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

The only way @Sir Fallsalot could say that was if he invented a Time Machine!

No need for that 'cause Fred & I still have those Memories....which NOBODY can take from ya!😉

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not for Nissan cos they've now Renault engines!

My Nissan has a Japanese engine :classic_cool:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

My Nissan has a Japanese engine :classic_cool:

Not sure how many still come with Nissan engines now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YamaHead said:

No need for that 'cause Fred & I still have those Memories

But you can relive those memories by not going to the barber!

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not sure how many still come with Nissan engines now!

Last time I looked the 2L was still Japanese as I had a close look at a 2l Cumquat (Quashquai) or what ever the fuck they were called. For my Mrs before she bought the X3 money pit. Dunno about now.

• Like 3

Just plumbed in our new Bosch dishwasher.  You can control the fucker through an app and connect it to WIFi.  Spent a good twenty minutes on Youtube trying to find out how, and did but turns out you don't have to fuck around with that at all.  You can just use the buttons like the old machine thank fuck.   I don't need Alexa turning on the dishwasher, I would be more impressed if the daft bint could load it.    All working now and quite chuffed with the 5 year warranty I got with it but why does it need some many flashing farkles I don't know.   There glad I got that off my chest, stress levels are dropping.  My Mrs insisted I didn't buy the cheapest John Lewis sells again this time, I don't know why the shonky chonky one we got from them lasted 6 years before it died and was half the price of Bosch at the time.   

• Like 1