Your Day Today!

XTreme

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sailing out of Plymouth right now, Sofia’s feelingthe waves and not enjoying it.

Not me though, I’m feeling like a well seasoned sea wolf, drinking a pint and watching the rugby.

FABA5EB4-31D2-4761-B3E6-1A1CFE2E2104.thumb.jpeg.b58c5356cefae531faf224d0c7e9387c.jpeg

That's a trip spoiler. I too have no sea legs and turn green at the smallest waves.
Hope the worst is over.

• Like 4

Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and retrieve the rowing machine from the mini gym down the yard and see just how unfit I am. Bought a new heart rate monitor to avoid a cardiac arrest like all those plonkers who jump into a fitness regimen they’re really not fit enough for - usually men jogging or running 😂 

It went surprisingly well, the reasonable baseline start I set for myself was so easy I bearly broke a sweat, my heart rate was superduper, recovered very quickly and I’m feeling pretty high (and a bit smug) on it 😝

Anyway I’m posting partly to share the joy and more importantly to say that ACF50 is feckin amazing. The garage sized ‘gym’ it has been in since 2019 has concrete running downwards to the unit so in heavy rain it floods a bit, it’s constantly damp as a consequence and gym equipment especially rowing machines with their little chains and thin perforated metal covers are notorious for rusting to pieces. 

I liberally ACF50’d it once 4 years ago (including disassembling it to coat the innards). Theres not a spot of rust on it, it’s running very smoothly. Viva ACF50!

• Like 6

Meeting a friend for cuppa, going to Brizzle to see the boys, packing for the ride to Spain (I always try to pack the week before cos theres always something that needs ordering) and sorting out one of boys 21st Birthday this Sunday. Might squeeze in a bit of yoga to make sure I avoid any consequences from the above madness. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and retrieve the rowing machine from the mini gym down the yard and see just how unfit I am. Bought a new heart rate monitor to avoid a cardiac arrest like all those plonkers who jump into a fitness regimen they’re really not fit enough for - usually men jogging or running 😂 

It went surprisingly well, the reasonable baseline start I set for myself was so easy I bearly broke a sweat, my heart rate was superduper, recovered very quickly and I’m feeling pretty high (and a bit smug) on it 😝

Anyway I’m posting partly to share the joy and more importantly to say that ACF50 is feckin amazing. The garage sized ‘gym’ it has been in since 2019 has concrete running downwards to the unit so in heavy rain it floods a bit, it’s constantly damp as a consequence and gym equipment especially rowing machines with their little chains and thin perforated metal covers are notorious for rusting to pieces. 

I liberally ACF50’d it once 4 years ago (including disassembling it to coat the innards). Theres not a spot of rust on it, it’s running very smoothly. Viva ACF50!

Time to give the Harley it’s winter coating of protectorant.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Time to give the Harley it’s winter coating of protectorant.

I did the Sled yesterday, i'll get some race fuel and stabilizer from work to top up the tank and then it will be parked for the winter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

ACF50 is a wonder, but, for some weird reason, we can't get it here! I guess that, because it's a pretty dry atmosphere and they don't salt the roads here in winter, there's probably not much of a market for it. 

Good show, on the fitness regime, keeping it going is the hardest part. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tango said:

ACF50 is a wonder, but, for some weird reason, we can't get it here! I guess that, because it's a pretty dry atmosphere and they don't salt the roads here in winter

Not needed here either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Not needed here either!

I have had a can of ACF50 till earlier this year.......the can went rusty and leaked the fluid all over the work bench.... 😂 

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have had a can of ACF50 till earlier this year.......the can went rusty and leaked the fluid all over the work bench.... 😂 

Bench will be good for the winter then.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

That's a trip spoiler. I too have no sea legs and turn green at the smallest waves.
Hope the worst is over.

You have the train as an alternative, it’ll last almost the same if you arrive in France and jump straight on the motorway. 

Sofia went to the dreamland from sleeping pills, and now it’s nice and sunny in Santander while all other vehicles exit the boat while motorcycles wait.

We shall sleep in Portugal and have a nice roast for dinner!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Lol, eat your heart out @XTreme.

We just had a customer come in and give us these as we fixed her starter motor problem foc a while back.

We didn’t have to go to Baza for them 😂

4D94074A-F52F-4750-B90C-55512818FA63.jpeg

It's Albox for tea bags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

So it's in dry Dock now eh, time to get the barnacles off the Hull and a respray 

No, I ride in the winter, you don't even ride in the summer.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

No, I ride in the winter, you don't even ride in the summer.

I do ride, I don't really get much chance nowadays though, and in about 7 months there will be even less time to devote to riding

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I do ride, I don't really get much chance nowadays though, and in about 7 months there will be even less time to devote to riding

Another little one?

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And did you ride it home come on tell us about it

So it was only a 13 mile ride home but these are my initial thoughts.  It almost feels like a toy compared to the Rally. Revvy engine (but in a good way) , it ran out of puff at about 65mph so I need to look at the gearing.  Suspension felt fine on the road and good brakes for a trail bike.

The handlebars are shit , too narrow and not enough sweep but I have bars and hand guards on the way.   Once i've done that and got a rack I'll be off to do some (easy) lanes to see what it's like off-road 👍

• Like 7