Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

I didn't know I'd joined gardeners World aswell as a bike forum Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

There's a lot of things you don't know about (dodgy lay-by's excepted)

mr-bean-flirty.gif.2e55c1e93e780e18f95cef8adc1cc861.gif

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well she had paperwork from the hospital in Italy so she flew and is in A&E in Southmead at the moment.  They are sending her for x-rays right now even though she brought her x-rays from Italy with her :classic_rolleyes:

Very common to get sent for more X-rays. Usually it’s because there’s an angle missing that needs checking or that would change the type of surgery needed or increase/decrease the surgical skill level required for surgery. Mostly it’s just because the X-rays aren’t very clear, people are rubbish at keeping still when they’re in pain 😆

Good she’s being seen 👌

• Like 3

Munter update......apparently she's going off it in Madrid!

They can't find a place for Jake in any school.......so that's giving her an opening to put her plan into operation. Which is to drag them back into that Polish ghetto!

I've spoken to the British Embassy (cos he's a dual national) but they've advised me that the school has no obligation to provide a place until the child is 6. So he's a year away from that.

I'm pursuing other options as well.......need to know basis and all that!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They can't find a place for Jake in any school.......so that's giving her an opening to put her plan into operation. Which is to drag them back into that Polish ghetto!

I've spoken to the British Embassy (cos he's a dual national) but they've advised me that the school has no obligation to provide a place until the child is 6. So he's a year away from that.

What was it you were saying about not being a servant? 😂

• Haha 2

I’ve been in the cult of Apple for about 15 years and it’s great kit-  so long as you stay within Apple world. 

The compatibility with non apple devices and the clunky functionality with some websites etc has finally got the better of me. 
So a windows laptop has been ordered. 
I will be able to route plan and transfer it easily to my Zumo and have a laptop for travelling with 👍

Really looking forward to seeing how it’s changed in the last 15+ years!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’ve been in the cult of Apple for about 15 years and it’s great kit-  so long as you stay within Apple world. 

The compatibility with non apple devices and the clunky functionality with some websites etc has finally got the better of me. 
I will be able to route plan and transfer it easily to my Zumo and have a laptop for travelling with 👍

I know a few people who swore apple was the dogs when it came to computers but after a few years ended up on a windows PC as it is so much easier to work with 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What was it you were saying about not being a servant? 😂

Got to prevent her taking them back there........there's ho hope in that country.

And she lives in the East......which is the thickos part that put the right wing government in place.

Ruled by the Catholic Church and full of racists, bigots, homophobes and extreme right wing groups.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Windows 10 and 11 are very good! No more blue screen of death and twice a year reinstalls.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just get a hit on her and that's job sorted, you'd have saved alot of money and misery had you taken our advice sooner...

Hope it turns out well mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Got to prevent her taking them back there........there's ho hope in that country.

And she lives in the East......which is the thickos part that put the right wing government in place.

Ruled by the Catholic Church and full of racists, bigots, homophobes and extreme right wing groups.

Sounds like this place....

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

They are dying in their thousands.

Here's an embalmer from Milton Keynes.

Here's a rundown on the figures.

The real spike in deaths is due in 2025, the vaccine is a slow poison.

You do know that a coronavirus is actually the common cold don't you and it's only the vaxxed getting ill and dying, it's in the vaxx.

Watch this, he got a couple of dates wrong but the core of the matter remains valid

9PwQvfL.jpg

flu-in-drag5.jpeg

f0TEAc6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Windows 10 and 11 are very good! No more blue screen of death and twice a year reinstalls.

Don't know what those things are, windows things of the past?

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I know a few people who swore apple was the dogs when it came to computers but after a few years ended up on a windows PC as it is so much easier to work with 

I was hacked off when we switched everything to Apple. It definitely isn't wasn't easier to use.

But theres 7 users, about 16 devices and the thing apple do well is sync, makes work life a lot easier when everyones up to date within seconds without you having to send anything. I also can't fault their business service, they fix and replace things fast which is invaluable. 

Still I miss windows, looking forward to finally being able to run Garmin Express. Mac users have to use the old Basecamp software which is rubbish and while you do they send you pop up messages telling you it would be much faster and more detailed if you used Express maps which isn't available on Mac 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sorry to say this but I bet it won't be that simple , my i-phone and my garmin Montana are sworn enemies if you try to get them to talk to each other directly.  The best way for my application is to use Basecamp on my puter and transfer into the Montana from there.

I have tried Garmin Connect , Garmin Drive and Garmin Explore but the i-phone says no

computer-says-no.gif

• Like 1

Things hotting up at work as the workshops prepare for a round of the electric motocross world cup this weekend. Its on our test track which has been completely remodeled for the occasion. Ill try and get a pic or two at the weekend but heres a coupe of our workshops today IMG_3372.thumb.jpeg.2b4237a07a090345bba52ced64219e9b.jpegIMG_3371.thumb.jpeg.9a11bfda41bc719355a20b9088926796.jpeg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Don't know what those things are, windows things of the past?

Windows 11 is the current version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I just tracked down a new copy of Win 7 Pro, tried 10 and Linux but no thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I have windows 11 on the putor at work, lots of clever thingies better and slicker than 10 but more hiccups too, nothing serious but annoying. 

though to be fair I know fuck all about how any of it works... 😜

51 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sorry to say this but I bet it won't be that simple , my i-phone and my garmin Montana are sworn enemies if you try to get them to talk to each other directly.  The best way for my application is to use Basecamp on my puter and transfer into the Montana from there.

I have tried Garmin Connect , Garmin Drive and Garmin Explore but the i-phone says no

computer-says-no.gif

I don't think I was particularly clear. 

My iPhone and my Garmin work together well using Garmin Drive. I drop the coordinates from google into the Drive app and boom the Garmin is ready to go. 

But for longer route planning Garmin Express which the Zumo is geared up for doesn't work with Mac and I really don't like Basecamp, it's clunky, like using tech from over 10 years ago.

To use Garmin Express I need a normal windows laptop so that's what's coming 👍

Garmin don't do well on the compatibility front, I'd go as far to say they're crap!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

and I really don't like Basecamp, it's clunky, like using tech from over 10 years ago.

Lol , that's probably why I like it .  It's simple like me :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Lol , that's probably why I like it .  It's simple like me :classic_laugh:

I don't think Basecamp's simple Bob 😆

When I was trying to get the Garmin to connect to the Mac via bluetooth the device wouldn't be found, I couldn't understand why, I reached AAARGH level and gave up.

I sat staring blankly at the list of bluetooth devices and saw one called 'Pretty please work' I thought what's that then?

Then it dawned on me the last time I tried to connect to the Mac out here was last September and it was so frustrating when it finally connected I renamed it 'pretty please work' That's Garmin's connectivity for you, at least they're consistent, consistently crap 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zzzak said:

I just tracked down a new copy of Win 7 Pro, tried 10 and Linux but no thanks.

My laptop is still running 7 as it has XP mode so can still run some old car manual progs.

• Like 2