Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Fucking thing started this morning......and kept on starting. Jesus reckons it could be battery related as well......and possibly starter motor.

So to be absolutely sure, instead of splashing out cash, I've got to wait for it not to start and he'll come to the house to check.

And when he does it’ll start cos that’s how Sod’s Law works 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

And when he does it’ll start cos that’s how Sod’s Law works 😂

We've gone from praying for it to start to praying for it not to start.

If there's any doubt we'll replace the battery by the end of the week as a precaution.

We've had the car for over five years with the same battery......and no idea how long it was on there before that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We've had the car for over five years with the same battery......and no idea how long it was on there before that.

My Dacia,s battery lasted 7 years (I think it was the original one fitted) before it failed.

Came home from work, then went out 20 mins latter and flat as the proverbial. 

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

My Dacia,s battery lasted 7 years (I think it was the original one fitted) before it failed.

All electrics were working as normal......but nothing when I turned the key!

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All electrics were working as normal......but nothing when I turned the key!

It will something simple, duff battery, corroded connection somewhere.

I hate electrical faults, a duff component looks OK....a mechanical fault you can see what's is broke/snapped/fooked  😂 

• Like 1

On to other news, a tree over our fence is slowly leaning more and more, it's heading in the direction of my shed, if it comes down it will wipe out 2 fences and I think my shed will get hit too. 😔 

20230612_102004.thumb.jpg.6808db940e42e3bc43e6e0c65728b8c8.jpg

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

if it comes down it will wipe out 2 fences and I think my shed will get hit too.

This is a humanitarian crisis....... @Six30 will be homeless!

• Haha 3

This is a humanitarian crisis....... @Six30 will be homeless!

There goes my £25 per night fee.....

Guy next door tried cutting some branches off of it, but its too high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Single cell battery, that's how they fail.

• Like 1

I'm off to get my hair cut in half an hour......if the car cooperates!

Country Music Hair GIF by CMT Music Awards if the car don't start!.

!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gave the GS a little love in form of few new plastic parts, the supports for the luggage were quite worn down, plus a couple of cable holders and the two little rubber stops on which the seat rests.

Looking prettier now, wondering if they will look like shit after the first few kms of dirtroad, maybe :classic_laugh:

C6BA6B4B-86E6-494C-8F45-7F280A6E66FD.thumb.jpeg.2e9f9476e369f0a369f15c230edc3264.jpeg

C914B4D2-64BC-406E-A1BC-46BE336C2DBE.thumb.jpeg.856837fa3d2bb96c0ca22bd8318dbccc.jpeg

D03D74D2-40E8-49E2-9A5A-3C67B81B0854.thumb.jpeg.1be23b50a062aecacf258d0a390b87f6.jpeg

3A4E4368-1D42-4D4F-B1D5-F4654766F2A0.thumb.jpeg.d77339f21361fed25fe89e1072ca89bf.jpeg

B568A168-D1E5-42B4-BAB9-CAA57A2986F3.thumb.jpeg.549ff45e38f12815c4061a6f665a230f.jpeg

EAADC492-7D25-4A4A-8D77-2DF369D30A2B.thumb.jpeg.e2b281543cff8762f2c1ed101492551d.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

For a classy dude like you I'd say that's a bit footballers wives. With your colouring I'd recommend a neutral palette, a tinted lipgloss for the evening and easy on the blusher. If the lashes need help then a thickening mascara or at a push eyelash extensions for the outer eyelid, but that's algorithms, they don't always completely hit the mark. Good luck 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Everybody flounced again? Thank fuck for that.......we may get some serious motorcyclists joining up now!

Been watching Avatar 2

sam winchester yawn GIF

And the car started perfectly again this morning!

I'm beginning to think that @Buckster's suggestion about water getting in somewhere due to the storms we've had, along with the pools of water I've had to drive through could be a factor.

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And the car started perfectly again this morning!

I'm beginning to think that @Buckster's suggestion about water getting in somewhere due to the storms we've had, along with the pools of water I've had to drive through could be a factor.

It’s not exactly what I said, although I appreciate that is how your ginger brain interpreted it.

• Haha 3

I've been moto marshalling the past 3 days and haven't had time to post. 

Fuckin horrible weather here for biking - cold, snow, rain and hail each day. Can't say we're having fun.

My bud Phil took this video of us riding near my house yesterday;   

Couldn't see shit the entire way home.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2