Your Day Today!

XTreme

On 04/02/2023 at 19:20, Buckster said:

My incinerator did an excellent job today. All the stuff I needed to dispose of today is long gone.

You have an incinerator??? That's mega!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

She’s home, they were worried she’d had a stroke but more likely an inner ear infection (meniers disease)

No high blood pressure, heart is good and good chest X-ray ( I asked if her boobs got in the way 😬) so all good there .

She’s waiting to be referred to Ear/nose/ throat hospital.

Just go call me nurse Bob this week

well I ain't going to call you nurse, but I'm glad to hear she's home and it not as seriousas it might have been.  Hospital in the UK is probably not the best place to be just now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Motobiker said:

I'm not most people.. I have a certain modicum of taste as well as enough style not to bring up the value of something that I buy as if that's somehow impressive. Chefs don't use gas for any other reason than everything they do is done with a budget in mind. in other words as cheaply as possible.

Also France would probably collapse in upon itself if its Michelin chefs were forced to give up their fetish for copper pans. And where France leads.. the sheep follow.

so ner.

Gas is so last century.

I bet you slave over a twin tub and pine for the good old days when washers were proper like and had a built in Mangle.

Difficult to pine over something you weren’t born in time to see or use. Just how old are you?

dinosaur GIF

• Haha 1

Shit day today.  One of my colleagues, who worked with mw for 6 years on the boats  and who I now work with again, buried his daughter this morning.  She was born malformed ( massively handicapped) but leved to 28. Died last thursday, I didn't ask what of, and the funeral was today. about 10 of us went from work, including the company owner. 

• Sad 11

5 minutes ago, MooN said:

Shit day today.  One of my colleagues, who worked with mw for 6 years on the boats  and who I now work with again, buried his daughter this morning.  She was born malformed ( massively handicapped) but leved to 28. Died last thursday, I didn't ask what of, and the funeral was today. about 10 of us went from work, including the company owner. 

Very sad!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You cook with what you gave, but you need to be a twat to prefer electric anything over gas on a stove.

I was an instant convert. place I worked at a few years back had adults with fairly extreme autism, one side effect being they had no sense of danger. The kitchen wasn't off limits, but it had several safety features built in. One of these was a very nice induction hob, which as they don't get (burning) hot is fairly safe. And as I had to use it as part of my job. well I found it to be absolutely fantastic. When the gas oven on my own cooker failed. it was a no-brainer. I will never have another gas cooker. neither a gas hob, or gas oven. It would be a big step backwards.

just as I could never buy another manual transmission bike after riding a DCT for 4 years.

or unblock the forum troll.

these would all be backward steps.

And im not bothered by insults... though it is disturbing to me how so many members of this forum are starting to sound just like six30.

try to be more imaginative with the insults.. he simply can't be, but the rest of you should do better. I think you should all take a leaf out of  Bucksters compendium of insults... so imaginative and endlessly entertaining.  For example describing a shapeless lump of rock that might have a cave/dwelling in it as a dago midget bum palace.

truly marvellous.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

I was an instant convert. place I worked at a few years back had adults with fairly extreme autism, one side effect being they had no sense of danger. The kitchen wasn't off limits, but it had several safety features built in. One of these was a very nice induction hob, which as they don't get (burning) hot is fairly safe. And as I had to use it as part of my job. well I found it to be absolutely fantastic. When the gas oven on my own cooker failed. it was a no-brainer. I will never have another gas cooker. neither a gas hob, or gas oven. It would be a big step backwards.

just as I could never buy another manual transmission bike after riding a DCT for 4 years.

And im not bothered by insults... though it is disturbing to me how so many members of this forum are starting to sound just like six30.

try to be more imaginative with the insults.. he simply can't be, but the rest of you should do better. I think you should all take a leaf out of  Bucksters compendium of insults... so imaginative and endlessly entertaining.  For example describing a shapeless lump of rock that might have a cave/dwelling in it as a dago midget bum palace.

truly marvellous.

So far today you’ve pretty much called me cheap, too stupid to read instructions, tasteless for saying what oven I bought and lumped me in with the neanderthals none of which is particularly imaginative so maybe take a little bit of your own advice.

Sometimes “fuck off” and “twat” suits a situation.

200.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So far today you’ve pretty much called me cheap, too stupid to read instructions, tasteless for saying what oven I bought and lumped me in with the neanderthals none of which is particularly imaginative so maybe take a little bit of your own advice.

Sometimes “fuck off” and “twat” suits a situation.

200.gif

And there was me thinking you had a sense of humour. or a sense of the ridiculous. has close contact with the forum troll really made you so sensitive? really?

Do you honestly think I would talk in this way to you if I was even remotely serious. Given our... erm, history of interaction.

I wouldn't. I would say precisely NOTHING.

31 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

truly marvellous.

brian regan what GIF

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

And there was me thinking you had a sense of humour. or a sense of the ridiculous. has close contact with the forum troll really made you so sensitive? really?

Do you honestly think I would talk in this way to you if I was even remotely serious. Given our... erm, history of interaction.

I wouldn't. I would say precisely NOTHING.

I did think you were attempting humour but it just didn’t quite hit the mark, just seemed like cheap shots at my expense..

You did then tip it over into ridiculous which lightened it back up but I wouldn’t say it made it into the arena of fun.

I think that’s the problem with written text rather than spoken word, the intonation is missing making it open to misinterpretation. 

Perhaps it’s best left there. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

truly marvellous.

Cunt 

1 minute ago, Motobiker said:

has he said anything useful?

has he ever?

or is he being as usual... as dreary as a forgotten cup of cold tea.

I called you a cunt , if your on about me 

• Haha 3

Has anyone heard about leaseholds that have doubling ground rent? 

Such a con, greedy bastards, every 10 years or so the ground rent doubles. So the place I looked at yesterday is currently £300 a year and next year doubles to £600 then 10 years later to £1200 etc etc. 

Shame it was perfect but makes it unsaleable in the future cos anyone who needs a mortgage won’t be able to get one on it.

How’s your house hunting going @boboneleg?

• Like 3