Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Everywhere's OK for tomatoes! Except Britain!

Eire as well I heard, despite them still being in the EU.

Not been shopping since Monday night when I got a bad case of the man-sniffle/shiver and shakes, so have stayed indoors. All the veg I saw on show there has probably been snatched by the hoarders now, to put with their 3 years supply of toilet roll. Although I did actually buy some tomatoes, my nose had started running on Monday afternoon at work, so I always buy tomatos and oranges to give myself a vitamin C boost.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Reading the oven instructions for the cooker that’s been unceremoniously dumped skewwhiff in the centre of the kitchen, fed up walking around it and it constantly shining away in a tormenting fashion. Sounds like it might be good one day 😢

Hoping to hear from Fowlers today or tomoz so I can go see my birthday prezzie at long last. Won’t hold my breath 🙄😝

whats a kitchen ?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is it really that much of a surprise that a seperate island that doesn’t grow something loses out when there’s crop failures or scarcity. I think not.

Now you've stolen Petes knife moment.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Everywhere's OK for tomatoes! Except Britain!

who , ever in their life has panicked and thought ... i must get to the shop sharpish to get tomatoes before they run out .... or any other fruit or veg ..who cares about stupid tomatoes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Six30 said:

who , ever in their life has panicked and thought ... i must get to the shop sharpish to get tomatoes before they run out .... or any other fruit or veg ..who cares about stupid tomatoes

Quite a few boneheads in Britain apparently.

• Like 3

Today I've been playing with the capri again. It's now got the right engine and gearbox fitted, 3ltr manual, but now the prop shaft is too long on the front section, the reconditioned start won't function and I've nearly finished my bottle of wine. Bollox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Today I've been playing with the capri again. It's now got the right engine and gearbox fitted, 3ltr manual, but now the prop shaft is too long on the front section, the reconditioned start won't function and I've nearly finished my bottle of wine. Bollox.

You got a Capri , had a fair few of them back on the day , any pics 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Me I fuckin loves tomatoes. 

Just not the crap under ripe ones that eventually make it here 😆

I forgot to post this the other day as I was being ill but in a manly way. As I walked past one of my windows I saw a large group of people standing across the road. Must be school chucking out time I thought, living very close to one, twice a day is usually pretty busy, usually with parents in cars that are too big for them to perform basic driving manoeuvres. Then I noticed one of the people had a top hat on with a veil hanging at the back, then it occurred to me that the rest were dressed pretty smartly. THEN I thought I was seeing things, but no, my picture shows it was so.....Delboy has diversified! They popped a coffin in the back and off the van went with a black limo following.

image.png.a8a00bfeabcaaff3b81cda734a18cb84.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Eire as well I heard, despite them still being in the EU.

Not been shopping since Monday night when I got a bad case of the man-sniffle/shiver and shakes, so have stayed indoors. All the veg I saw on show there has probably been snatched by the hoarders now, to put with their 3 years supply of toilet roll. Although I did actually buy some tomatoes, my nose had started running on Monday afternoon at work, so I always buy tomatos and oranges to give myself a vitamin C boost.

onion and ham butties that's what you want it will clear any cold up that's what i had when i was working on sites

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

spacer.png

Break the ice? Yes, help Putin come out of his shell, he's been so quiet...

Johnson shouldn´t be allowed to have a public opinion on things not related to petty political small issues.

• Like 1

2.8 auto out

IMG_4356copy.thumb.jpg.f06d3e2ca7af5745a5dcc630a2dd59e6.jpg

IMG_4357copy.thumb.jpg.3c7720e1b5cc11bf719bc35a04b4906d.jpg

and 3ltr manual in.

IMG_4358copy.thumb.jpg.a04d502015b0fe424984c49260d94434.jpg

As I said, reconditioned start no workie. All I wanted to do today was see the oil pressure up.
Back tomorrow to get the electronic ignition shite off etc and see that oil pressure come up on the hopefully working starter.
Had a bit of a time getting the gearbox in, after checking and adjusting his clutch aligning all went together.

It's a bloody good shell but previous owner's got someone to respray it the wrong colour with a lovely thick topcoat of orange peel. 

Can't help thinking that a modern day 2ltr would be much lighter and several buckets more power than this over weight engine and box but can't argue with the originality factor, and if I"m honest it's nice to play with some old school stuff.
Talking of which I've been asked to fit a new type electronic ignition to a Norton Commando 850. Took me back a few years when I walked into his shed, nice condition but rose coloured glasses me thinks.   Along with the RD 125, carbs back on and running, not too well yet though.

• Like 6