Your Day Today!

XTreme

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

She rode pillion with me once, enjoyed every minute of the ride, she wants to do it again this weekend too.

She has ridden a push bike for years, so it is not like she has no road sence, her mother knows no one who owns a bike, or had a accident, think she is just assuming the worst.

Isn't her mother your daughter?

If so didn't she ever go on the bike?

• Like 1

I should add that my daughter had a Piaggio NRG 50cc, I de restricted it (naughty me 😔) so it would do 45mph, she used all of that speed, but did not ride like a idiot,  so in that time she never dropped it or had a crash.

Then she swapped to a car and had two bumps in the 1st year. 😲 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Isn't her mother your daughter?

If so didn't she ever go on the bike?

No that is my daughter in (common) law......it is her daughter who is doing her CBT

My daughter, has travelled far with me, to the coast, BMF rally and into Derbyshire many times.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Snap , but we had a starter first instead of pudding .............

IMG_3748.thumb.jpeg.4e675478151b2290ae747e971bd0c733.jpeg

IMG_3746.thumb.jpeg.2000413ea4fa5ad5df316787787afda7.jpeg

mine was all home made though.... didn't even have to take the twat out, she cooked it...

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Clive said:

No that is my daughter in (common) law......it is her daughter who is doing her CBT

My daughter, has travelled far with me, to the coast, BMF rally and into Derbyshire many times.

Ahh yeah I was going to say I'm sure your daughter wouldn't have been saying that.

Maybe you should try taking her out on the bike to show her what she's missing 

• Like 1

Jeez there are some scoot/bikes that are wrecks for sale on FB Marketplaces.......have they never heard of a bucket of water, wash and wax and a sponge...

• Haha 3

Well I must be feeling a bit better because I checked and prepped the bike after 8 weeks standing.

Tyre pressures checked, chain lubed, linkages checked and greased, and loads of dust cleaned off it!

I'm good to go......weather permitting of course! :classic_unsure:

20230216_122225-min.jpg.4ac84c25338a853048d047be67fc7608.jpg

• Like 9

Well that was a write off. Wish I'd stayed working. All the greasy spoons are closed down (another gov triumph) all three supermarket cafes no longer do a full English and my Pops was in a mood for various reasons and not a lot of fun. Pah back to work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm going to Drag Bingo tomorrow night, it's only the bingo caller who is in drag thank god. Then some sort of beach themed pub do on Saturday night. I go dressed as normally for UK winter and my mates tell the landlord that is actually what I wear on the beach when we are on holiday.

On Sunday morning I am meeting another mate who wants to try out his new (to him) Suzuki engined CCM, we are meeting on some back road in the sticks and then heading off to the bike show in London which will probably be as awful as the first one I went to at Excel about 10 years ago, but I will give it one more chance.

• Like 5