Last Weekend in October!

XTreme

54 minutes ago, Saul said:

My Oldest daughter Kady is studying Equine and stable management in her second year.  Part of the course  is that she spends every 3rd week working in and running Duchy Colleges stables and livery yard.   I don't exactly know what it's all about. I have been told but when I hear horse I sort of switch off.  I have a horse mad wife and two daughters that are probably worse.   Personally I am not keen on the bleddy things and have as little to do with them as possible.  

What I am going to down at Pentewan is locally known as a Pub Shout.  Basically a sing along, I said shanty evening so as not to have to explain, there will be shanties, Cornish songs, folk, maybe even some choir harmony, show tunes what ever anybody wants to do really as long as it sounds good.   Normally pretty reasonable quality singing, calling it a Shout is misleading but it is the term used.   Happens a lot down here, I was up the local rugby club singing last night as they are trying to get a regular shout going, and as an old player and choir member I have been called along to help out.  

Mr Slowly had to sing at school. It was compulsory. Chapel every day and House singing competitions that they all wanted to win. And then rugby where singing is of course a key part.

As a result he can really belt out a tune.
He’s a morning person and I’m an afternoon one. Took a good 10 years to stop him singing at 6am, Im amazed I let him live 😂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowly had to sing at school. It was compulsory. Chapel every day and House singing competitions that they all wanted to win. And then rugby where singing is of course a key part.As a result he can really belt out a tune.

Here's something for him to take a shot at then.....Dio doing "Mistreated".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowly had to sing at school. It was compulsory. Chapel every day and House singing competitions that they all wanted to win. And then rugby where singing is of course a key part.

As a result he can really belt out a tune.
He’s a morning person and I’m an afternoon one. Took a good 10 years to stop him singing at 6am, I amazed I let him live 😂

Shame you don't live down this way there would be plenty of opportunities for him to let it out.  👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Half an hour into ‘The Watcher’ can’t decide if it’s worth persevering with? Anyone seen it?

We gave up on it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Half an hour into ‘The Watcher’ can’t decide if it’s worth persevering with? Anyone seen it?

No but I've been listening to the crap from the other room while the wife watched it, constantly commenting "i not into this or i'm finished with this" but still watched the lot 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Know what you mean...watched the first one , might have a go at the second, only cause its based on a true story

Just now, Six30 said:

Know what you mean...watched the first one , might have a go at the second, only cause its based on a true story

Watched the second episode. Think I’m gonna tap out and just google the punchline. 
Didn’t know it’s based on a true story.  

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Can't get out on the bike today cos I've had work queries this morning and we've got the grandkids this afternoon.

Gay.

• Haha 2

I've spent all day preparing for some van action. I had a go at fitting the Beta in the marmite wagon and it fits with room to spare just have to strap the front end down 2 inches to get it in

IMG_8445.thumb.JPG.8e56d8990f167ef255114c0d31af6fb3.JPG

That was the quick part the rest of the day i made a frame to hold the bike in place with some old ply and fencing timber i had kicking about 

IMG_8447.thumb.JPG.6c05f4a6e646877d417de1db3bed94c6.JPG

Ok now i need to get on a ride there's one in Dolgellau in a few weeks waiting to see if its full now 

IMG_8446.thumb.JPG.0275dd3af3b6674cbaf354aaef508a55.JPG

• Like 8

Took the boys down to the natural spring at Fuencaliente....25C and we were the only ones there!

20221029_150536-min.jpg.804aa73a88864b5faffdbf0726aa12e1.jpg

20221029_153029-min.jpg.84d28d9d6950116811375f6ab9c0dc04.jpg

Jake was bombing round on his little bike......he's already more competent than me offroad!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just started and about half way through. Love it.

13 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've spent all day preparing for some van action. I had a go at fitting the Beta in the marmite wagon and it fits with room to spare just have to strap the front end down 2 inches to get it in

That was the quick part the rest of the day i made a frame to hold the bike in place with some old ply and fencing timber i had kicking about 

Ok now i need to get on a ride there's one in Dolgellau in a few weeks waiting to see if its full now 

Nice work Fred ..........

judging-nope.gif.a9f8c9bf2b7c4a6fe02dbeb377c588fc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Woo hoo !!  last minute pass out for a ride tomorrow, this month I haven't ridden at all if you exclude commuting.  There may be some ' styling and profiling' as I will be out on my Honda 

disgust-disgusting.gif.95b09a6d65e9dab486d0299937d81760.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You get loads of likes , I get called a van wanker … mr fucking popular.

• Haha 5

Just now, Six30 said:

You get loads of likes , I get called a van wanker … mr fucking popular.

But he's transporting dirt bikes while you transport road bikes......there is a difference.

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

But he's transporting dirt bikes while you transport road bikes......there is a difference.

So fallsoff bike is not road legal then … you twat .

• Like 1