R I P Your Majesty Queen Elizabeth

Renegade

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

You don't strike me as a royalist ren...

My mother was and she died a few months ago and was the same age as the Queen, so I have stated this for my mother.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade said:

My mother was and she died a few months ago and was the same age as the Queen, so I have stated this for my mother.

Fair enough mate, well sorry for your loss mate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

I say she should have let go of the reigns years ago and enjoyed some down time instead of prolonging it all 

I think she was hoping to outlive Charles, we have the court jester as the monarch now. Not that they have any power anyway, we are basically a republic by any other name.

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I say she should have let go of the reigns years ago and enjoyed some down time instead of prolonging it all 

She knew full well that Charles is a fucking idiot!

Apparently she saw 15 PM's over the years......Churchill was the first and Truss was the last.

Pretty much says it all about how far standards in public life have fallen over that period!

But fair play to her......she hung on long enough to see the back of Bozo!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

She knew full well that Charles is a fucking idiot!

Apparently she saw 15 PM's over the years......Churchill was the first and Truss was the last.

Pretty much says it all about how far standards in public life have fallen over that period!

But fair play to her......she hung on long enough to see the back of Bozo!

King Charles the one who looks confused by his own shadow what could possibly go wrong eh..... he is exactly the same as bozo was just he'll be getting the reigns to the country 

GIF by alain

Don't remember exactly what year it was 72 or mayge 73... I met the qween in person.. Think it was in miramichi N. B.... Two students from each schools in new Brunswick were pick for the event..... Even at and early age they knew I was from a Royal bloodline... That's why I was pick out... 

• Haha 2

Being a Portuguese, my opinion on this is obviously different to most of yours.

I think she was a great lady, a worldwide symbol, and it's a shame she passed. Most countries would have been lucky to have a Queen such as her, or a King such as her father, in my opinion it's sad that she passed and sad that she's no longer your Queen.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Being a Portuguese, my opinion on this is obviously different to most of yours.

I think she was a great lady, a worldwide symbol, and it's a shame she passed. Most countries would have been lucky to have a Queen such as her, or a King such as her father, in my opinion it's sad that she passed and sad that she's no longer your Queen.

End of an era. All the coins, bank notes, the national anthem title, new pillar boxes, police badges, regimental titles, stamps, court papers, court crests etc will be slowly changed over the next few years with CRiii.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Sure I read somewhere he doesn't want to be king.

RIP Elisabeth.

Two errors in a minuscule statement, bit early to be on the sauce isn’t it?

A remarkable Head of State that united instead of dividing, that respected instead of controlling, that included instead of excluding, that listened instead of talking over others.

A role model for the World, quietly making History and slowly changing the Kingdom and the Commonwealth She loved so much.

So many reasons to love Her and respect Her, but above all for me the sense of Service and the love for horses and dogs.

image.png.6e9880485473dbd803215999401331b5.png

• Like 2

Boring mode *ON* ( cos I hear a lot of people saying she should have abdicated in favour of charles years ago)

Queen Elizabeth could not have handed over to Charles any sooner than she has done. She could have delegated more of the public appearances, as she did with the last state opening of parliament and a couple of other more minor occasions over the last couple of years, but no more. There is no provision in the United Kingdom's constitution for the abdication of a reigning monarch, there is no legal or constitutional framework for it. The option doesn't exist. 

When Edward refused the crown in december 1936 he had not yet been crowned and therefore was not technically a reigning monarch, though given the title King for the 11 months following his fathers death due to the rules of automatic succession of the eldest son, ( now changed by Elizabeth to the automatic succession of the eldest child) in the same way Charles is referred to as King Charles 3rd from the moment of his mother's death on thursday. Edward had to make his choice before the coronation. 

Charles will only become legally and constitutionally King at his coronation. Until that time he could technically refuse the crown as did his uncle in '36. 

Boring mode*OFF*

• Like 4