Your Plate.

Slowlycatchymonkey

Yotams Sunday lunch chicken (white wine, garlic, black garlic, lemon, double cream and capers) with butter garlic mushrooms, cooked separately and added at the end so they retain a strong independent garlic butter flavour. 

IMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.29cad2a343e714a1fa6fd86dbaccb8b7.jpeg

And Mary Berry’s Lemon Curd roulade, the homemade lemon curd is amazing using Spains gorgeously zingy lemons. Renamed it Meringasaurus as the eggs were super sized and puffed up to a giant 40 x 30 cm slab, rolled nicely though. IMG_0163.thumb.jpeg.e80604718462d37ed3f24527899d0bd7.jpeg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yotams Sunday lunch chicken (white wine, garlic, black garlic, lemon, double cream and capers) with butter garlic mushrooms, cooked separately and added at the end so they retain a strong independent garlic butter flavour. 

IMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.29cad2a343e714a1fa6fd86dbaccb8b7.jpeg

And Mary Berry’s Lemon Curd roulade, the homemade lemon curd is amazing using Spains gorgeously zingy lemons. Renamed it Meringasaurus as the eggs were super sized and puffed up to a giant 40 x 30 cm slab, rolled nicely though. IMG_0163.thumb.jpeg.e80604718462d37ed3f24527899d0bd7.jpeg

your in for a treat @boboneleg you and your crowd much be very special guests at the monkey household 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Over a thousand miles is a bit of hike, might be a bit cold by the time he got here 😂

I thought you were going back this week?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I thought you were going back this week?

Yer I was on Thursday but that changed and we leave on Monday. 

I’m actually looking forward to it which will be the kiss of death won’t it 😆 

• Like 2

They still haven’t opened the bloody pool, everyone agreed it would open beginning of June and close end of September but it’s Spain so the maintenance guys just went - you residents can agree whatever you like and we will continue to do whatever we like. 
I have a grudging respect for that attitude 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They still haven’t opened the bloody pool, everyone agreed it would open beginning of June and close end of September but it’s Spain so the maintenance guys just went - you residents can agree whatever you like and we will continue to do whatever we like. 
I have a grudging respect for that attitude 😂

It's Spain.......and it's Summer! 

They use that as an excuse! :classic_wacko:

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Do they? Cos nothing else much gets done around here for the other 10 months either 😂

You get used to it eventually.

Then on the odd occasion something does gets done quickly and efficiently you're amazed!

And they're so proud that they've actually accomplished something! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You get used to it eventually.

Then on the odd occasion something does gets done quickly and efficiently you're amazed!

And they're so proud that they've actually accomplished something! :classic_laugh:

Tbh I enjoy it. 
I also enjoy when at home in the uk and things get fraught saying “let’s go Spanish on it” and Mr Slowly will just shrug and say alright then and everything chills out.

Being here reminds you can stay laid back at home too. 

Only downside is everyone else seems so feckin uptight 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My shengen area app calculator says I can stay 33 more days straight before breaching the 180 rule. 

It shoots back up to 90 days 1st of Oct 👍

I’ve totted up my visits since last October and I have done 101 days this time. I’m pretty pleased with that. I thought the flat buying was going to interfere and it has a lot but I managed more than I thought I would.

• Like 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My shengen area app calculator says I can stay 33 more days straight before breaching the 180 rule. 

I’ve totted up my visits since last October and I have done 101 days this time. I’m pretty pleased with that. I thought the flat buying was going to interfere and it has a lot but I managed more than I thought I would.

Ridiculous that you have to do that!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Very sad. And now everyone even in the staunch pro Brexit areas wants closer ties with Europe. Twats. 

The swimming pool guys are probably happy that you’re restricted to 180 days, though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Flat buying... can I rent it at mates rates... 20 quid a month ok with you? Will need use of your bike parking facilities though 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

The swimming pool guys are probably happy that you’re restricted to 180 days, though.

Devastated more like, offered to put me touch with a dodgy dude for a Spanish passport.

Although that could be to ensure I'm caught and permanently deported 🤔 😆 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Made enough Kedgeree for breakfast yesterday to have it again today. 
Did extra eggs for re-topping when the first layer was gone. 

Had fresh turmeric which is rarely available but makes such a difference, ground is fine but fresh is a much nicer. 

Used a different recipe that I regretted. Spent a lot of time amending it to get the flavour right, then it turned into one of my best yet and because I tweaked it so many times I don’t think I can replicate it 😂 heyho.

IMG_7913.thumb.jpeg.7360da84255501a016329e68bf67cd26.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2023 at 09:47, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d of wolfed down that first dish. What was under the diced tomato?

Something crunchy , it was a delicious herby base but I've no idea what it was.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 11:00, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Made enough Kedgeree for breakfast yesterday to have it again today. 
Did extra eggs for re-topping when the first layer was gone. 

Had fresh turmeric which is rarely available but makes such a difference, ground is fine but fresh is a much nicer. 

Used a different recipe that I regretted. Spent a lot of time amending it to get the flavour right, then it turned into one of my best yet and because I tweaked it so many times I don’t think I can replicate it 😂 heyho.

IMG_7913.thumb.jpeg.7360da84255501a016329e68bf67cd26.jpeg

That looks very yummy 👍

• Like 1