Your Plate.

Slowlycatchymonkey

I really don’t enjoy crab or lobster, I can eat my body weight in mussels but beyond that the only thing I eat from the sea is fish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Here’s one I wanted to share last week but I was nervously conserving battery power most of the time.

D6D4325D-E7D3-4381-A442-061628688869.thumb.jpeg.cadd1c3ef8e576c6d1177384a7268818.jpeg

This was Lochlevans Seafood Cafes seafood platter. Sent me into a food coma for about an hour 😂

Think I'm going to puke again!

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I really don’t enjoy crab or lobster, I can eat my body weight in mussels but beyond that the only thing I eat from the sea is fish.

Sea scallops if cooked right arnt so bad. :littleguy:

And did somebody say plates these are from the officers club on Guam.

I hope you dint expect to see food on my plates did you?

🤪

plates.thumb.jpg.03a088d2ff90a43c0a93be8639776016.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

You'd like this place then.

Obviously you go for the premium stuff on top first, lobster, crab, crayfish etc and that was all ok but the bottom layer was superb. The mussels, cockles and clams where the best I've had.  I don't think they've been done justice cos to me they've always been presented cold and boil to death.. and the vinegary jarred version.. 🤮

The razor clams can fuck right off as well, I've had them pretty much raw and well cooked like elastic, they're never good. The oysters don't float my boat either but I've never enjoyed the mentioned 3 as much.

They keep them live in tanks out the back and they were large but still tender (no rubber bands). If I went back   When I go back Ill be skipping the lobster n crab part of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Here’s one I wanted to share last week but I was nervously conserving battery power most of the time.

D6D4325D-E7D3-4381-A442-061628688869.thumb.jpeg.cadd1c3ef8e576c6d1177384a7268818.jpeg

This was Lochlevans Seafood Cafes seafood platter. Sent me into a food coma for about an hour 😂

i like almost all of that very much, but never got the point of a mixed platter like that. They’re typical on lots of seaside places in Portugal too, but I’d much rather have one type of seafood cooked to it’s best than everything mixed. 

Big clams, are those local?

• Like 2

I do not know.

Fishing for razor clams is forbidden in Scotland unless for scientific reasons. I think the 'normal' clams are large because they keep them in mahoosive tanks out the back.

The thing that surprised me most was how tender and 'unchewy' it was.

I really dislike the current trend in the UK for super sized shellfish that has little flavour and an awful lot of chewy matter involved.  

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

OMG !!  that looks bloody awesome .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tym said:

Sea scallops if cooked right arnt so bad. :littleguy:

And did somebody say plates these are from the officers club on Guam.

I hope you dint expect to see food on my plates did you?

🤪

plates.thumb.jpg.03a088d2ff90a43c0a93be8639776016.jpg

queenies

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Living by the sea I've seen what they have to live in and eat. You crack on girl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I do not know.

Fishing for razor clams is forbidden in Scotland unless for scientific reasons. I think the 'normal' clams are large because they keep them in mahoosive tanks out the back.

The thing that surprised me most was how tender and 'unchewy' it was.

I really dislike the current trend in the UK for super sized shellfish that has little flavour and an awful lot of chewy matter involved.  

Smaller is usually more flavourfull in most clams, but that is when they’re cooked in a closed dish with no mixes. 

If you like clams, with just some fresh coriander, garlic, olive oil and fresh live clams you can make a portuguese / italian feast, plus proper bread to go with it and a nice crisp white

You’ll get nice enough vietnamese clams from a quality supermarket, which sometimes is better than risking local toxins. Will post a link to a recipe later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wasn't hungry but suddenly I am 😆

Coriander and garlic I'm totally on board with but in the UK butter is the king of fats.

Please post away, Im all ears. 

No butter for clams! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

Are we talking about the muscle that's between the anus and the scrotum? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That I would definitely eat... 

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Are we talking about the muscle that's between the anus and the scrotum? 

I’m not as familiar with that area of anatomy as you obviously are.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

I’m not as familiar with that area of anatomy as you obviously are.

Oh fuck all this time I though you were a dude... Are you telling me you got a virgina? 

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Oh fuck all this time I though you were a dude... Are you telling me you got a virgina? 

He probably has, Marcel. You can never tell over the internet.