Got some bike candy

13 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I got that when you figure out how it works where theres no post/zipcodes let me know 😂

It's mostly used to find strip joints.. Gaz... Motels... On a serious note... Just like seeing what's coming up on the road ahead without rolling out the maps... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

My Garmin is prejudice, it will find post codes in England, France, Belgium with no problem but it will not find anything in Wales

what-is-going-on-obama.gif.78e6e12f118e18f63c05cdd1721bafb9.gif

If its like my old one Bob you have to switch countries i had to do it when venturing into England

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If its like my old one Bob you have to switch countries i had to do it when venturing into England

Yep, I switch it to Wales when it asks for 'State/Province'  and it accepts Wales ............

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.23abf38f85c0abc4eef80daff8103b3d.jpeg

Then as soon as you put the postcode in you get this.................

IMG_2269.thumb.jpeg.694445ebbeedd573e7045bd85d8d2b3e.jpeg

I've spoken to Garmin about it and they almost admitted that there's a bug in the system

Go back to a search in England (Birmingham in this case) and it's no problem at all

IMG_2270.thumb.jpeg.d8139c1343f70fb3223904b662921d63.jpeg

I also had no problem finding hotels etc in France from a post code search .

• Like 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

Yep, I switch it to Wales when it asks for 'State/Province'  and it accepts Wales ............

I've spoken to Garmin about it and they almost admitted that there's a bug in the system

Go back to a search in England (Birmingham in this case) and it's no problem at all

I'll stick with my phone lol

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

My Garmin is prejudice, it will find post codes in England, France, Belgium with no problem but it will not find anything in Wales

what-is-going-on-obama.gif.78e6e12f118e18f63c05cdd1721bafb9.gif

that's cos there's nothing there of any interest...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

All done with the install... Now to see if I can really get lost next week or maybe over the weekend... I have no curfew like most of you twats... 

IMG_20220715_180405.jpg

IMG_20220715_180605.jpg

Doesn’t that big screen on the bike connect to your phone’s google maps?

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Same, works well in England elsewhere meh. You have to find it on google maps then find that point on the Garmin map to navigate to it. Rubbish. I asked Garmin about it and it was the usual crap. 

Still it beats having your phone pack up cos its too hot, or cold or wet and oh the suns too bright for the crappy screen, oh liquid detected its stopped charging, oh balls it won't image stabilise anymore, oh FFS stop the txt alert banners covering the instructions.. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Marcel said:

Ya but I have no frigen idea how it works.... Im not to computer savvy ya know 

Marcel!

What’s the point of having that tv screen for a dashboard if you don’t bother with it? Ask the guys at KTM or whatever to set it up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Marcel!

What’s the point of having that tv screen for a dashboard if you don’t bother with it? Ask the guys at KTM or whatever to set it up.

Oh I don't have time... You have to download and app or something... Now that I have the Garmin... It would look awfully stupid going down the road with 2 gps going wouldn't it? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Oh I don't have time... You have to download and app or something... Now that I have the Garmin... It would look awfully stupid going down the road with 2 gps going wouldn't it? 

Sorry, too late

you already have those two

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It doesn't show you the map from what I could find out.... Just direction turn  by turn.. in 500 m like example 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It doesn't show you the map from what I could find out.... Just direction turn  by turn.. in 500 m like example 

That’s shit. 
But at least you always know you’re ready to race!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Same, works well in England elsewhere meh. You have to find it on google maps then find that point on the Garmin map to navigate to it. Rubbish. I asked Garmin about it and it was the usual crap. 

Still it beats having your phone pack up cos its too hot, or cold or wet and oh the suns too bright for the crappy screen, oh liquid detected its stopped charging, oh balls it won't image stabilise anymore, oh FFS stop the txt alert banners covering the instructions.. 😂

Mine worked well through France as well, as did my previous Montana 650.  As a motorcycle GPS they're pretty dammend good.  I hear all the arguments about phones, they're great until it rains, or it's too hot, or the vibration kills them, or you can't see the screen in bright sun etc etc.  as you've pointed out already.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Mine worked well through France as well, as did my previous Montana 650.  As a motorcycle GPS they're pretty dammend good.  I hear all the arguments about phones, they're great until it rains, or it's too hot, or the vibration kills them, or you can't see the screen in bright sun etc etc.  as you've pointed out already.

Yep. 

Just imagine knowing all of these things, buying a Garmin, not being arsed to get to grips with it and all of the above happening when you're riding back from Spain..

Marilyn Monroe Dipshit GIF

• Haha 1