Second Weekend in June!

XTreme

Warmed up quite a bit now......

1940651033_Screenshot2022-06-10132239.jpg.7486c2cebfa2f52b758da920e9362752.jpg

.......and I'm due to get the bike back this afternoon.

However, I've got a load of work on and now we've picked up some sort of stomach bug......so I ain't feeling too buoyant at the moment.

I've promised to take Jake out to a place he's never been this weekend......so I now have to figure out some place interesting for him.

I will get out on the bike at some point, but it'll have to be early morning.

What you lot doing?

Scrub what I said......the bike won't be back for another week or so.

They've found a problem with the braking system......I think it's the ABS unit itself.

They told me it would be over a grand to replace if it wasn't under guarantee.

I'd like to have had it back obviously, but getting new shit for fuck all also has it's benefits!

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They've found a problem with the braking system......I think it's the ABS unit itself.

I'd like to have had it back obviously, but getting new shit for fuck all also has it's benefits!

Kin eck, shame they've sold you old one, could be using that till it's sorted.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's great, it's like owning a bike but not really having the discomfort of actually riding it anywhere :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

That's great, it's like owning a bike but not really having the discomfort of actually riding it anywhere :classic_laugh:

And if it continues like this it means I started off with an old bike and ended up with a new one! :classic_laugh:

Suddenly the KLR experience doesnt look so bad. I made it to Deals Gap, canada.... followed @Tammy into the gates of hell, washington DC's beltway on a friday night  rush hour...:thud:

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

However, I've got a load of work on and now we've picked up some sort of stomach bug......so I ain't feeling too buoyant at the moment.

I've promised to take Jake out to a place he's never been this weekend......so I now have to figure out some place interesting for him.

What you lot doing?

Told you to stop eating that spainiard food..... You should be eating more seafood.. Like kelp.. Jellyfish.. Whale blubber.... Would put another 20 years to your lifespan... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And if it continues like this it means I started off with an old bike and ended up with a new one! :classic_laugh:

All that stuff comes across as the bike been sitting for a long time. The rubber seal, the ABS, that's stuff that doesn't like sitting for ages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marcel said:

Told you to stop eating that spainiard food..... You should be eating more seafood.. Like kelp.. Jellyfish.. Whale blubber.... Would put another 20 years to your lifespan... 

Whale blubber? :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

What you lot doing?

For God sake don't take him to the dago midgets I know you're missing your fix but taking him along would just ruin the poor lad

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All that stuff comes across as the bike been sitting for a long time. The rubber seal, the ABS, that's stuff that doesn't like sitting for ages.

Quite possible......I haven't got the papers back yet to see any long breaks in between ITV's.

By it's year and mileage it's averaged around 4K kms/2.5K miles per year.

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm off for a 'billy no mates' trail ride on Sunday, just need to work out where to go now...... 

cat-dancing.gif.9d0345aef95f4e3f37fad39a655534d5.gif

My buddy is off (with a few other guys) to Whitby on Monday for 5 days of riding and getting rat arsed.

So I am being a Billy too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

good idea this guarantee business