Vehicle Tax!

XTreme

Just had these through this morning!

ta.jpg.444b77759e9e28878977835af327378b.jpg

The top one is the Strom 650 2007 which is €48.

The bottom one is the car Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 2007 which is nearly €55.

So that's a total of €103.......about £90.......for the year!

What sort of cost is it where you are?

i have no idea, i just pay the govt tokeep fucking up, permit to live, permit to die, when will justice say they have to suffer too...when will i learn, when will they die....

• Haha 1

Too much that's how much. I recon tax should be transferable from vehicle to vehicle i have to tax 5 and do a few thousand miles a year yet you can have something that's almost tax exempt that can do 50000 mile a year don't make sense Its about time it went on fuel so you can pay as you drive

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Too much that's how much. I recon tax should be transferable from vehicle to vehicle i have to tax 5 and do a few thousand miles a year yet you can have something that's almost tax exempt that can do 50000 mile a year don't make sense Its about time it went on fuel so you can pay as you drive

Just put the tax on fuel and be done with it. The more miles you do, the more you pay. Maybe that's too easy. 

• Like 3

My car is £260 a year, my bike is £91. I think the bike tax is fucking disgraceful, I'm doing the country a favour using a bike to commute to work and that's how they repay me. It comes to something when motorbike tax is higher than insurance.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Dumbasses. They'll just tax fuel more anyway and still lump you with vehicle tax now in the form of green tax. Its a win win.

Agreed, it's pretty universal nowadays, the specific point of each tax has lost it's meaning and it's all been merged into a huge bowl of sucking money from the tax payer.

They'll just say vehicle tax is to pay for the roads and shit like that while fuel tax is to pay for environmental policy changes, while in reality they'll just make reasons to try and increase each part of the government's earning bowl any way they can make believable.

I have a 3 liter diesel car from 2001, paying over 600€ tax, and around 120 for the bike. Yet Portugal is by far the country with less minimum wage between all mentioned here. We have most motorways as toll paying roads as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have a 3 liter diesel car from 2001, paying over 600€ tax, and around 120 for the bike. Yet Portugal is by far the country with less minimum wage between all mentioned here. We have most motorways as toll paying roads as well.

Shit! That's just extortionate.

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Even more so when you consider that someone on minimum wage would be working a full month to pay for my car's road tax.

People are actually earning as little as that a month? 

Not so long ago it was a little over 500, currently 635€ and a large part of the population is earning that. Average wage is probably around 900.

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not so long ago it was a little over 500, currently 635€ and a large part of the population is earning that. Average wage is probably around 900.

I always thought of Portugal having a higher standard of living than Spain.

I suppose it's because people there seem to better educated than here.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I always thought of Portugal having a higher standard of living than Spain.

I suppose it's because people there seem to better educated than here.

Spaniards' spending power is a lot more than Portuguese, but they are also used to spending more when eating out or having drinks, all that stuff is quite more expensive than in Portugal.

However, I wouldn't say Portuguese live worse than Spaniards, we eat as well as Spaniards but cheaper, and drink far better than Spaniards for cheaper as well. Some things are historically a lot cheaper in Spain though, like fuel, cigarettes, cars, etc

But, it's a given that a factory worker in Spain can indulge in a better life than the guy doing the same job in Portugal. I think we are better educated and for sure a lot better at speaking foreign languages, that's why a lot of back office work is coming to Portugal, because they save 30% pay for a workforce that can compete with any european country.

1 hour ago, BusBoy said:

Dumbasses. They'll just tax fuel more anyway and still lump you with vehicle tax now in the form of green tax. Its a win win.

Your only saying that because your tub uses a 1000L of diesel an hour before you open the taps :classic_biggrin: what i'm saying is they should get rid of the tax on road going vehicles and put it on fuel so everyone contributes but as Alan said that's too simple to work 

For some reason over here diesel cars are cheaper to tax even though it's gonna cost a packet to the NHS, if still going in years to come, for all the cancer and respiratory probs.

My daughter's car..Toyota Aygo 1000cc petrol engined car..£20 a year road tax.
My Bike...Yamaha FZ1..1000cc petrol engined motorcycle..£91 a year road tax..
Go figure..

They don't like bikes. Just blanket charges according to cubic capacity rather than emissions like cars.

My car BMW 520d £30. Bike BMW R1200GS £91. 

:twat:s

• Like 1

It's not a matter of liking bikes or not, it's pure marketing.

Can they tax a small economy car with 100 quid a year of tax and get away with it politically? No.

Can they heavily tax a bike that is owned by a minority of voters with no political weight who are also bike enthusiasts and are willing to suffer for their hobby / lifestyle? Yes.

• Like 1