It's on!

MooN

been planning this trip for a while but with no definite parameters for a number of reasons.  The idea was that, I've wanted to do the "gorges du Tarn" for a long time and that ties in nicely with Millau and the suspenders bridge. Once I'm that far south I'm only a mornings ride from our Base at Capestang on the Canal du Midi. That could tie in with invading @Tango's personnal space and drinking his coffee  ( well it'd be rude not to...)  as he's not far from there. Once that far south I'm too far for me to ride home in a single stage so back home via the Gevaudan and the Auvergne with an overnight stop somewhere in the Puy de Dome. I still don't know wether I am physically capable of the distance (using very little autoroute) and I haven't done 8 or 10 hour days for a loooooong time,  That and the weather forcast is mainly why i'm keeping theplans fluid cos if I find it's just fucking miserable and / or painful then I shall stop and re adjust the plans accordingly ( the Joys of riding alone) 

Plan A is this ( ish).  wednesday morning to Clermont Ferrand ( I know I can do this, cos I'e done it before in a small group. about 4 hours

1447387792_20aprilam.jpg.cb1911644bf4b06a05f9c443f8719827.jpg

afternoon: millau via les Gorges du Tarn.

77236746_20aprilpm.jpeg.ea61aa3de7bd3c56289fe3cbfb60c9e3.jpeg

spend the night in Millau and then an easy ride down to Capestang where I'll stay on one of our boats and, if they've let him back in the country, say hello to @Tango ( can you PM me a phone number mate? that way I can let you know if i've copped out, or call you on thursday afternoon to meet up.)

Friday, still a bit vague and will depend on motivation and weather but something basically hesding north with with the autoroute as the escape route if needed  overnight stop around Ambert or Thiers.

1103570110_april22.jpeg.e1202e9955c1d2c5fd532c89a8322acd.jpeg

610975689_april23.jpg.bc110bd17bb17255ca2a56ed31b37b5a.jpg

Then more North and home on the saturday which will just be a slog cos from Vichy North I know the roads having ridden them many times already. Unfortunately no real escape route here as returning into Burgundy and the land that time forgot and the world passes by. 

I'll try and take some pics if the weather's not too bad.  about 1500km in all.

april 21 am.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MooN said:

been planning this trip for a while but with no definite parameters for a number of reasons.  The idea was that, I've wanted to do the "gorges du Tarn" for a long time and that ties in nicely with Millau and the suspenders bridge. Once I'm that far south I'm only a mornings ride from our Base at Capestang on the Canal du Midi. That could tie in with invading @Tango's personnal space and drinking his coffee  ( well it'd be rude not to...)  as he's not far from there. Once that far south I'm too far for me to ride home in a single stage so back home via the Gevaudan and the Auvergne with an overnight stop somewhere in the Puy de Dome. I still don't know wether I am physically capable of the distance (using very little autoroute) and I haven't done 8 or 10 hour days for a loooooong time,  That and the weather forcast is mainly why i'm keeping theplans fluid cos if I find it's just fucking miserable and / or painful then I shall stop and re adjust the plans accordingly ( the Joys of riding alone) 

Plan A is this ( ish).  wednesday morning to Clermont Ferrand ( I know I can do this, cos I'e done it before in a small group. about 4 hours

1447387792_20aprilam.jpg.cb1911644bf4b06a05f9c443f8719827.jpg

afternoon: millau via les Gorges du Tarn.

77236746_20aprilpm.jpeg.ea61aa3de7bd3c56289fe3cbfb60c9e3.jpeg

spend the night in Millau and then an easy ride down to Capestang where I'll stay on one of our boats and, if they've let him back in the country, say hello to @Tango ( can you PM me a phone number mate? that way I can let you know if i've copped out, or call you on thursday afternoon to meet up.)

Friday, still a bit vague and will depend on motivation and weather but something basically hesding north with with the autoroute as the escape route if needed  overnight stop around Ambert or Thiers.

1103570110_april22.jpeg.e1202e9955c1d2c5fd532c89a8322acd.jpeg

610975689_april23.jpg.bc110bd17bb17255ca2a56ed31b37b5a.jpg

Then more North and home on the saturday which will just be a slog cos from Vichy North I know the roads having ridden them many times already. Unfortunately no real escape route here as returning into Burgundy and the land that time forgot and the world passes by. 

I'll try and take some pics if the weather's not too bad.  about 1500km in all.

april 21 am.jpeg

Hope that the weather is kind for you. RouteI looks great! I need to get down that way again, while I still can.  :littleguy:

5 hours ago, MooN said:

I still don't know wether I am physically capable of the distance

Fucking state of you in that photo with Bob you look too fat to even get on the bike!

Stay at home and do the route via Google Earth!

fat skateboard GIF

• Haha 1

well according to meteo France, it looks like I'll be riding into rain tomorrow and will be playing dodge the thunderstorm by the evening. Thursday doesn't look too bad, showers but nowt worse. Friday I'll be running north trying to keep in front of a storm front coming in from the south west, which I hope will go through during the night otherwise I'm going to have a really shitty day on saturday.  Still, it's better than they were forcasting a week ago so maybe it'll not happen...

OH, @XTreme🖕

😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mawsley said:

This place is motorcycles only, near Clermont, and has a range of sleeping options https://www.campingmotoroute99.com

I stayed there in 2012 , it was run by some Dutch people when we went there.  We pulled into the coutryard on our bikes and as soon as we got off we were handed a beer 👌

They had a good band on as well on one evening .

1530475207_FranceJune2012004.thumb.jpg.10225ab2bcb8a4a1123321102d2b5e82.jpg

109858142_FranceJune2012007.thumb.jpg.f34795e5238d3766870e25e2b2a508a0.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I stayed there in 2012 , it was run by some Dutch people when we went there.  We pulled into the coutryard on our bikes and as soon as we got off we handed a beer 👌

They had a good band on as well on one evening .

1530475207_FranceJune2012004.thumb.jpg.10225ab2bcb8a4a1123321102d2b5e82.jpg

109858142_FranceJune2012007.thumb.jpg.f34795e5238d3766870e25e2b2a508a0.jpg

nice looking rd tank

20 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yeah, they let me back into the country, so you're OK for a coffee and some dinner tomorrow if you're up for it. 😎👍

You're inviting the Cunt to dinner?

Would you invite the cunt to dinner @Buckster?

And very welcome cup o tea it was too. 

@Tango tried to get out of it by giving me a false phone number, but that didn’t work so i pitched up, drank his tea, dirtied his sofa and buggered of before his mrs got home 😂😂

actually he’s a nice bloke and we set the world to rights for a couple of hours. I did have to leave earlier than originally planned i had an invite that i couldn’t politely refuse, so i missed Mrs Tango, much to my regret. 

thanks Bob, good to meet  you. 👍

I got home about an hour ago. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MooN said:

And very welcome cup o tea it was too. 

@Tango tried to get out of it by giving me a false phone number, but that didn’t work so i pitched up, drank his tea, dirtied his sofa and buggered of before his mrs got home 😂😂

actually he’s a nice bloke and we set the world to rights for a couple of hours. I did have to leave earlier than originally planned i had an invite that i couldn’t politely refuse, so i missed Mrs Tango, much to my regret. 

thanks Bob, good to meet  you. 👍

I got home about an hour ago. 

A pleasure, mate. You're welcome here anytime. 😎👍🏍

Glad that you got back safe and sound. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1