Last Weekend in March!

XTreme

Be glad to see the back of this month......still more shit to come though.

1526143511_Screenshot2022-03-25131548.jpg.a95eb5e15f91b427d457adb72aff1cfb.jpg

I'm not holding my breath for Sunday......I've got my hopes raised in the past only to be let down.

Anyway......what are you lot up to?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Be glad to see the back of this month......still more shit to come though.

1526143511_Screenshot2022-03-25131548.jpg.a95eb5e15f91b427d457adb72aff1cfb.jpg

I'm not holding my breath for Sunday......I've got my hopes raised in the past only to be let down.

Anyway......what are you lot up to?

Bugger all it seems, don't get my monthly pension till next week = skint. 😀

• Sad 2

Tomorrow I shall take Costa out for a little walk in the morning, and then getting on my bike and riding home. It's a 2,5 hour motorway ride but I've got a feeling it'll take way longer than that as I'll check out some smaller roads that look twisty on the map. Unless the weather is shitty.

Ducati is currently touring Portuguese dealers with a couple of DesertX bikes for showing them off and they're close by today, but I'm resisting going to see them as the local dealership is so unfriendly. I am tempted to give one a proper look in a few months once they're out though, what you think of that engine @boboneleg?

• Like 3

Going out this evening with a couple of friends one of which thinks the sun shines out of my arse and as Im happy for the odd bit of ego stroking I hope this sorely deluded individual doesnt have the scales drop from his eyes hehehe 😂

preening my little pony GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Going out this evening with a couple of friends one of which thinks the sun shines out of my arse

Stu and Bender? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

How's she doing now she's back home Tym ?

OK, tired and dint eat well in rehab, so i have to get some pounds on her. :littleguy:

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Forgive me Tym but thats not exactly your area of expertise is it? 😂

Skinny GIF by Brittany Broski

You;re assuming i actually have an area of expertise, apparently any area of mine  had a no trespassing sign on it. 😆

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Whoop. Insurance sorted, I just need to make it there to swap for the Enfield without binning the Suzuki. Sun is planned, so I’ll be meeting up for Saturday breakfast first. Then I’ve got a 1hr40 B road pootle planned for the running-in journey home. Gonna be a good day, nothing beats a new bike day.

I knew you wouldn't keep that bloated barge long!

This is a surreal experience for me......somebody beating me in bike buying!

Cos since we started 2 years ago I've had two bikes.....6 months with the Strom and 18 months with the Beemer!

You must have had about 6 since then!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Tomorrow I shall take Costa out for a little walk in the morning, and then getting on my bike and riding home. It's a 2,5 hour motorway ride but I've got a feeling it'll take way longer than that as I'll check out some smaller roads that look twisty on the map. Unless the weather is shitty.

Ducati is currently touring Portuguese dealers with a couple of DesertX bikes for showing them off and they're close by today, but I'm resisting going to see them as the local dealership is so unfriendly. I am tempted to give one a proper look in a few months once they're out though, what you think of that engine @boboneleg?

We were chatting about this in work the other day with an Italian customer that has built a supermoto racer out of a 1100 Scrambler.  We all agreed that they should have used the air cooled engine (800 or 1100) instead of the 939 water cooled engine.

That's what Ducati intended in the begining, it'll be interesting to see why they changed their minds and how it works out.  It certainly looks the part 👍

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I knew you wouldn't keep that bloated barge long!

This is a surreal experience for me......somebody beating me in bike buying!

Cos since we started 2 years ago I've had two bikes.....6 months with the Strom and 18 months with the Beemer!

You must have had about 6 since then!

As I’ve said before Pete 

basketball wives look a mess GIF by VH1

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

We were chatting about this in work the other day with an Italian customer that has built a supermoto racer out of a 1100 Scrambler.  We all agreed that they should have used the air cooled engine (800 or 1100) instead of the 939 water cooled engine.

That's what Ducati intended in the begining, it'll be interesting to see why they changed their minds and how it works out.  It certainly looks the part 👍

Probably emissions in a couple of years time? Rear cylinder heat issues with the fairing/tank?

I'm very curious.

I’m thinking positive thoughts about Sunday @XTreme because I’m getting two wheeled withdrawal symptoms. The plan is to kick that DR into life (wouldn’t start today 😡) or bump start the thing and get it to my mates place where we can give it a bit of a going over to make sure it’s at least ‘safe’ to ride 😝😝😝😝😝

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I’m thinking positive thoughts about Sunday @XTreme because I’m getting two wheeled withdrawal symptoms. The plan is to kick that DR into life (wouldn’t start today 😡) or bump start the thing and get it to my mates place where we can give it a bit of a going over to make sure it’s at least ‘safe’ to ride 😝😝😝😝😝

Try draining the carb and let it fill with fresh petrol from the tank works with the XR if its been left a while

• Like 1